If you were a Windermerian...

Gerli

did they give any reason as to why Windermerians only live such short lives?? I must have missed it..

Genetics. Tougher bodies, biologically capable of more things, shorter lifespan. Average lifespan is about 30-35 years. By the time they hit the latter half of their 20s, their skin starts to flake and peel like they have eczema, but without the inflammation-look.

Genetics. Tougher bodies, biologically capable of more things, shorter lifespan. Average lifespan is about 30-35 years. By the time they hit the latter half of their 20s, their skin starts to flake and peel like they have eczema, but without the inflammation-look.

oh.. fair enough then. Sure sucks to have such a short life span though given how unpredictable life is to begin with! And poor little Freyja will look like an old bag in as little as 5 years! And like she should be in a nursing home in 10 years! LOL!

Edited by spanner

oh.. fair enough then. Sure sucks to have such a short life span though given how unpredictable life is to begin with! And poor little Freyja will look like an old bag in as little as 5 years! And like she should be in a nursing home in 10 years! LOL!

According to Freyja in ep17 Windies dont get wrinkles just flaky.

This is actually one of my issues with Windermerians, and why I can't seem to take them seriously as a threat to humanity.

They have such short life-spans, they only lived on one world (until they used mind control to conquer others), and they probably inherited their valkyrie tech from the humans (i'm speculating. If there's a story that shows they developed the tech on their own, feel free to correct me).

And now they're claiming that they're the true inheritors of the protoculture?? Sure, bring that up when you've already overcome the freaking species that the protoculture itself feared/idolized. Until then, shut the F up you entitled moths.

(yeah, sorry, humans forever!) :D

They have such short life-spans, they only lived on one world (until they used mind control to conquer others), and they probably inherited their valkyrie tech from the humans (i'm speculating. If there's a story that shows they developed the tech on their own, feel free to correct me).

They inherited their VF tech from humans, sure as sure...

And now they're claiming that they're the true inheritors of the protoculture?? Sure, bring that up when you've already overcome the freaking species that the protoculture itself feared/idolized. Until then, shut the F up you entitled moths.

(yeah, sorry, humans forever!) :D

There's a lot I could say about the awful things large groups of gullible people can do when they believe they're "the chosen" of some higher authority... but the specifics of some of those examples would be stepping over a line, rules-wise.

Windermere's a small provincial world with a population who are smarting from a war 7 years ago and probably an economic downturn resulting from same are being whipped into a fury by demagogues who are pushing a war of manifest destiny as the galactic "master race"... they're a little bit Space Germany circa 1939.

Right behind Beltane and Graham, 45....dead and buried....or had my body tied to a missile and launched after a drone for viking style funeral......oh yeah

I'd have gone blind from playing with my rune way too much.

did they give any reason as to why Windermerians only live such short lives?? I must have missed it..

The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long. - Dr. Eldon Tyrell

Edited by sharky