Walkure Appreciation Thread

Despite my skepticism at the initial concept of Delta, I actually like the show and the music. I wouldn't call it my favorite entry in the series, but it's tied with Frontier After DYRL. I have to admit that I actually liked the style of 7's music better (I'm a rock and roll kind of guy), but Delta just had so much energy that it's hard to not like!

I had the same issues with Delta as everyone else had (mainly the complete lack of progress in plot halfway through, and the total non-ending the series gave us), but the music was definitely one of the strong points. Both the Walkure albums and the BGM had some real catchy tunes.

So, I've spent the past month listening to all the Walkure albums. As many problems as I have with Delta, the music is not one of them. The fact that the upcoming movies will bring new Walkure music is already a win.

I have to say, Junna's voice blows me away. She is is in another class than the others. Not to take away from the rest of the group. Being able to sing, voice act and sing in character at that level is amazing in it's own right. #junnarocksme

Yeah, Junna's voice hits like a truck (in a good way) on her solos in Walkure.

She's done solo work already, there is a link to her album earlier in this thread and from her twitter seems she has another mini on the way in Novemeber AND she's doing the opening to Witch's Wife.

Seems I'll have a few more items to order this winter.

4 hours ago, Hiryu said:

I have to say, Junna's voice blows me away. She is is in another class than the others. Not to take away from the rest of the group. Being able to sing, voice act and sing in character at that level is amazing in it's own right. #junnarocksme

Yup. Junna's singing voice is powerful for her age. But I do remember she's not the one who voice act Mikumo. She just did the singing voice.

2 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Yup. Junna's singing voice is powerful for her age. But I do remember she's not the one who voice act Mikumo. She just did the singing voice.

Yup, both Mikumo and Prince Hienz had seperate VA/Singing voices. But it is Mikumo's singing that is under praise here. So by extent JUNNA.

Her voice was a bad decision for Walkure, in my honest opinion. It's a sentiment I've held since the beginning: her voice tends to drown out the other VAs/singers. Either she projects too much/doesn't know how to play with others, or the audio engineering/composing/mixing/etc. just didn't/doesn't know what to do with her. It's annoying to hear one of the nicer Walkure songs and her voice constantly forces its way to center stage.

9 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

Her voice was a bad decision for Walkure, in my honest opinion. It's a sentiment I've held since the beginning: her voice tends to drown out the other VAs/singers. Either she projects too much/doesn't know how to play with others, or the audio engineering/composing/mixing/etc. just didn't/doesn't know what to do with her. It's annoying to hear one of the nicer Walkure songs and her voice constantly forces its way to center stage.

I wonder if they intentionally wanted to make her stand out. In the show Mikumo basically walks into the group and stuns everyone and ultimately is revealed as the "Star Singer".

4 minutes ago, Hiryu said:

I wonder if they intentionally wanted to make her stand out. In the show Mikumo basically walks into the group and stuns everyone and ultimately is revealed as the "Star Singer".

For the show songs, sure. Issue is that on a few covers in the Walkure albums she still stands out easily. Only Minori can stand up to her vocally, and only just. Which is why I was glad to hear JUNNA seemed to have tempered her vocals in her solo album. If she song like that with Walkure in the beginning it might have meshed better.

Chalk it up to experience I guess. Should watch one of thier live concerts to see if she corrected herself during the tour.

Mikumo and therefore Junna is supposed to stand out from others, hence the lead vocalists.  As far as her "drowning" out the rest, that is the show and the studio; from what I've seen from concert footage Junna's voice when joined with the others doesn't overpower but instead lends to the overall harmony that makes the groups foundation.  As the lead vocalists we are going to be bound to hear her more or seeming to overpower the others as this is the design, rarely are all 5 singing at once.  It isn't until we hear the songs that are designed to highlight the others of the group that she tends to melt into the background on CD/show.  The only footage I've seen of their DYRL cover, Junna is emotional prior to the song even beginning and when her solo comes she actually falters; didn't detract from the performance in anyway.

Edited by Wolf-1