Vin Diesel revisits yet another one of his old film franchises and gives us a sequel nobody asked for. xXx: Return of Xander Cage has him come out of hiding and reunite with Samuel L. Jackson to remind everyone that xXX: State of the Nation was not a thing. This will also be Revolution Studios' first film in over a decade.

The film is set for release on January 20, 2017. What next - The Pacifier 2?

Official Site

Okay, so I spoke too soon...

Vin Diesel Reveals The Pacifier Sequel Is Being Written

xXx was one of those movies that I thought looked stupid as all get out, watched it once out of boredom, and was surprisingly entertained. I guess I could go for a sequel.

And The Pacifier was a masterpiece of modern cinema.

looks like popcorn-munching fun

That first film was one of those absolute crap films that is at the same time entertaining enough to offset the cost of the movie ticket. It was fun for my friends as well, but I don't think I need to ever see it again.

I used to wonder why they serve beer at theaters in Holland... clearly it's a good idea :D

Diesel's best movie is The Iron Giant, without competition.

*searches IMDB profile* ... that's actually a difficult statement to argue against ;)

I still want to sit down and play some D&D with him though...

• 3 months later...

They're trying to make it seem like XXX was some sort of colossal hit and revolutionary story, back in the day. It wasn't, it actually sucked. A lot. Stick to the Fast movies Vin, although there shouldn't be any more of those either now that Paul's gone...