Macross Delta Scramble

Tochiro

I mean the number of PS4 owners vs the what, double digit Vita owners!!?

You would have thought it would be a no-brainer to make the game for the PS4, rather than a dying portable system that almost nobody owns.

I can't recall the last time I spotted a Vita in the wild, 6 months ago maybe?

Pissed off!

Actually, I have a history of buying game systems just because there was a Macross game being released for them.

My Super Famicon, PS, Game boy, Dreamcast, PS2, PSP and PS3 were all specially bought because there was a Macross game being released for them......haha

That said though, I really don't wanna splash cash on a Vita to play this game.

I'm in the same situation as Graham and the others, I love Macross games but I don't want to buy a Vita for this.

At least they should have made this game for both the PS4 and the Vita like so many other games these days, you can even use the same save file on both consoles for those games.

Also this game will cover just half of the Delta series, like Ace Frontier did in it's time, so maybe they will make a sequel with a complete Delta campaign and hopefully they'll reconsider and release it on other plataforms too and not just the vita.

I found more info from this site: http://gematsu.com/2016/07/macross-delta-scramble-announced-ps-vita like the different versions and their price as well as a list of the songs for both versions.

Edited by Dash

WOO HOO My Vita has a reason to Liiiiiiiive...I mean.. other than god eater, God eater 2, phantasy star Nova, Phantasy Star online 2......

And... vita graphics aren't awful. They actually have some pretty nice looking games from time to time.

Edited by Duymon

Probably chose Vita due to ease of development. Good news being that you should be able to get a Vita pretty cheaply. Bad news being the graphics will be "meh"

Any word on the developer?

Meh compared to what? Because the only other handheld console has worse graphics, and this type of bite sized gameplay probably belongs best on a handheld.

Artdink, who did the previous PSP games, the PS3 demos and Macross 30 is doing it.

My only concern is that there is no full story campaign for the Delta series (up to episode 13, only the evacuation from Ragna) and it seems no full campaigns for past series either, only Extra missions features.

Seems a step back from Triangle Frontier, which had full campaigns and playable units for everything up to the 1st Frontier Movie, and scaling back to the original Ace Frontier and I'm not sure the limited roster for Delta can carry the game.

Edited by hulagu

My only concern is that there is no full story campaign for the Delta series (up to episode 13, only the evacuation from Ragna) and it seems no full campaigns for past series either, only Extra missions features.

Seems a step back from Triangle Frontier, which had full campaigns and playable units for everything up to the 1st Frontier Movie, and scaling back to the original Ace Frontier and I'm not sure the limited roster for Delta can carry the game.

Yeah it seems they will be following the same path they took with the Frontier games, a first game not with too much content and just half of the story of the new series so they can take advantage of the show's popularity as soon as possible, then (hopefully) sequels with more content and modes (and maybe make them multiplataform).

Complete and high quality scans of the info on Famitsu

post-5833-0-23152600-1469085722_thumb.jpg

post-5833-0-83384800-1469085735_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dash

Mobile version would be trash without blue-tooth controller support.

Vita does appear to have a strong following in Japan still due to the plethora of creepy moe dating games and whatnot. I swear last time I was in Akiba earlier this year 80% of the Vita games section was Dating sims and other Moe games :0

This isn't a game, it's a long demo. I wouldn't buy it even if I already owned a Vita. OTOH, maybe they're using it as a revenue stream/to maintain interest in the game market to support making something worthwhile, like the Trial Frontier demos leading up to M30? EVen if that's the case, I'm still not interested in it as presented, though.

This isn't a game, it's a long demo. I wouldn't buy it even if I already owned a Vita. OTOH, maybe they're using it as a revenue stream/to maintain interest in the game market to support making something worthwhile, like the Trial Frontier demos leading up to M30? EVen if that's the case, I'm still not interested in it as presented, though.

Uh-huh, more fun for us then.

So..there's nothing special about the Run-PIka edition other than extra songs to set at BGM when playing?

Like 30 bucks for 30 more tracks that are game-size and only available on your vita.....

That's a pretty weak Limited Edition...

Edited by Duymon