Battle-class Ship Odds?

aurance

I'm not sure how that relates, but yes I know that.

It's all about demand & cost. If Bandai could keep a Frontier or Galaxy around $300.00 tops it could be a good seller. To have a 1/3000 TV SDF-1, Macross 7, 13, Galaxy & Frontier would be a real show stopper.

We can all dream for now.

I think the chances are low that Bandai will release a Battle class capital ship. We can estimate that sales for the Quarter where quite low if we take the discounts and numbers of sales the Quarter took place in as an indicator of sales numbers. I think this was due to the quality of the toy and the general unappealing design of the Quarter but I think the data Bandai took from it was that capital ships don't sell in general.

However if Bandai green-lights a DX version of the Macross Delta Elysion that sells well I could see them do a take on Battle Galaxy and Frontier maybe even a renewal Quarter. Depending on how well the TV SDF-1 did that Megahouse released recently they could release more Macross ships in that line. Which would not be what I want but at least it would be available.

Arcadia on the other hand could do a Battle 7 in 1/3000 scale if they still have the license for that. Before Yamato went under they showed concept drawings for a Battle 7 design so this could still be something they are working on. However the way Arcadia operates now would probably price out a majority of the market if you look at the MSRPs of their recent releases. If they could reissue the Yamato 1/3000 SDF-1 at a competitive price and it would sell well it could bolster their confidence of releasing a Battle 7. I personally doubt it though.

TLDY: If the Macross Elysion is getting a DX release and does well sales wise I could see Bandai releasing more DX capital ships from Frontier. Arcadia not so much.

Is everyone forgetting? Depending on how the MegaHouse SDF-1 sold there's a slight possibility of a Battle Class happening in that line. Though I'm thinking we're still looking at 98% no. In anything larger scale I'd say zero percent.

From Bandai, I think there is a better chance of a DX Elysion than a DX TV SDF-1 in 1/3000....

From Arcadia, I think there is a better chance at another BK than a 1/3000 TV SDF-1...although I wouldn't mind if the SDF-1 lead to the BK... :rolleyes:

Arcadia may re-release their SDF-1 DYRL, a slim hope......a fool's hope would be for a M7 Battle 7..... :unsure:

Don't get me wrong I do like the DYRL SDF-1 but a proper 1:3000 TV ver. would be insane!

And not that I think that much of it either but I'd also take a M7 Battle7 over a Macross Quarter..

The other problem with these huge capital ships is where to display the bloody things!? I know they won't fit in my display cabinets! LOL!

Don't get me wrong I do like the DYRL SDF-1 but a proper 1:3000 TV ver. would be insane!

And not that I think that much of it either but I'd also take a M7 Battle7 over a Macross Quarter..

The other problem with these huge capital ships is where to display the bloody things!? I know they won't fit in my display cabinets! LOL!

No worries.....You can safely start a whole new collection of display cabinets....no3ljm can't possibly quote you out on that...can he??? :unsure::p