• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Although I did like Stranger Things 2....the nostalgic high that I had for the original season has now faded...

I saw this season as more of a ripoff and less of an homage to the Eighties...

I mean I think I heard the Gremlins theme at one point....

Anyways....really liked Astin  (worst advice ever!) and Riser's characters.....easy peasy...LOL!

Spoiler

Oh and I was totally expecting Riser's character to end up being an a-hole just like in Aliens (which was heavily lifted during this season)....so doing the complete oposite was a good move....

I also didn't care much or not looking forward to the direction the show may go in for season 3 with the introduction of Eleven's "siblings"....

Edited by jvmacross

Just finished episode 3 and liking it so far.  It is not just a rehash of the first season and that is a good thing.

I get a kick out of Sam's character being a Radio Shack employee - I used to stop at the local RS on the way home from school to use the computer, a TRS-80 Model 1 level 2 no less.

On 10/29/2017 at 1:23 AM, jvmacross said:

Reveal hidden contents

Oh and I was totally expecting Riser's character to end up being an a-hole just like in Aliens (which was heavily lifted during this season)....so doing the complete oposite was a good move....

I also didn't care much or not looking forward to the direction the show may go in for season 3 with the introduction of Eleven's "siblings"....

Considering how they ended this season, the introduction of other characters would help in allowing the series to explore their stories and giving the series room to grow. Honestly I hope we move out of Hawkins for the next few seasons (rumor has it the creators are good for 5 seasons of ideas) as it seems the story there is pretty well done.  

Edited by Focslain

Watched through episode 5, I can't watch till 9pm and have to get myself to bed by 11 or be a zombie the next day - otherwise I would have watched the whole thing by now.

Things really start to pick up in episodes 4 and 5, really really really had to force myself to get to bed last night.  

Only negatives for me are Mike and Nancy's parents since those two are caricatures instead of fleshed out characters, Dustin's mother has the same problem.  Last year they did the same thing with Nancy's boyfriend and the cop and turned that around so perhaps something similar will happen this season - but I'm not counting on it this time.

39 minutes ago, Dynaman said:

Only negatives for me are Mike and Nancy's parents since those two are caricatures instead of fleshed out characters, Dustin's mother has the same problem.  Last year they did the same thing with Nancy's boyfriend and the cop and turned that around so perhaps something similar will happen this season - but I'm not counting on it this time.

The parents were such stiff last season that I thought they worked at the Hawkins Lab. You'd think a fair amount of town folk would work there at least, right?

6 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

The parents were such stiff last season that I thought they worked at the Hawkins Lab. You'd think a fair amount of town folk would work there at least, right?

I don't remember them having quite as much screen time last season so the caricature nature of them is really starting to grate more.  Could just be the accumulation over time however, I would expect the father at least to do SOMETHING other than be totally ignorant.

3 hours ago, Dynaman said:

I don't remember them having quite as much screen time last season so the caricature nature of them is really starting to grate more.  Could just be the accumulation over time however, I would expect the father at least to do SOMETHING other than be totally ignorant.

That's your typical 1980s parenting stereotypes :) Reminds me of the dad in Wargames, down to the glasses.

Edited by TangledThorns

Binged it a few days ago. Loved it! There was not one moment of boredom anywhere, and yes, being the only ones in costume was funny. I like Max and think she is a great edition to the D&D Team.

Spoiler

The only thing I didn't like about this, was how late they brought the boys and Eleven finally together. I kept waiting for them to be reintroduced, and was bummed that it happened at the end of episode 8. Hardly any adventure time together! The dance at the end was a nice send-off before next season though. And damn, the Mind Flayer looking down on the school as a final shot was awesome!

Thank you Duffers!!

Edited by Thom

23 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

Finished it off last night. A great season 2.  I don't know if I'd say better than one, but definitely very enjoyable!  Bring on Season 3!!! 

I personally found Season 1 more enjoyable.  The last half of season 2 devolved into a Netflix version of the first battle between the Colonial Marines and the Xenomorphs in Aliens.  Actually, the second half is all Aliens the movie; Weyland Yutani should sue.  The ending?  Silly, emotional tripe, and that's putting it politely because I do enjoy the story, overall...

My wife and I just finished it last night, another great season IMO. If season 1 was compared to the Goonies, then as was pointed out, this season was definitely Aliens. Loved it. I too didn't care about 11's sibling, I found her and her gang irritating. Pretty bad when you'd think we should sympathize with her because of what was done to her. Instead she's like Magneto, "I was mistreated so my sins are justified in return" I really hate that logic.

Chris

The ending of last season had a couple of nice twists and this one undid them.  Really a shame

Spoiler

Nancy dumping Steve for Will's brother being one.  The happy ending being the other.  I did like that the new batch of scientists were not "bad" guys - they were trying to do the right thing.  

Steve totally became my favorite character this season, when the season started, I was like oh god, not Steve again, but once they paired him up with Dustin, and they got rolling, I really enjoyed his character the rest of the time. Those two have some good chemistry together on screen.

Steve was a big surprise for me last season, he started out as the cliche' jerk boyfriend but then became a really good guy that fought with them. I agree that he and Dustin where even better this season, Nancy took the turn for the worse to me.

Chris

Edited by Dobber