MΔ Workroid

Xigfrid

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you Neko_fr.

I just nabbed a 31J and when I will receive it I will make a new photo shoot session :))))

I am super glad you got one. Cant wait to see it with the Workroid.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I always felt the legs were to "flat" on my Workroid. And I always  wanted to make small fixes to one of my favorite design in Delta. So I just updated the design on Shapeways to what I call the "renewal version / version 2". I only tested the new legs design. I will be testing the new arm articulations when I receive the parts for the Destroid since they have 100% same functionality and 90% the same aesthetics. Thanks to a better use of sprues and printing volume (I am getting better at it!), the new parts are slightly cheaper now.

Here are the major fixs:

all.jpg

hands-renewa02l.jpg

rear_details.jpg

renew_head.jpg

trap00.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I finally got started on this project while waiting on other paints to come in for the other unfinished ones. So far, I'm really liking the ease of building this, and the extra steel parts and rubber tires are going to make this a really fun project to complete.

@Xigfrid, I bought the same paints you used for this project. As for the stripes on the legs, are those decals also?

38 minutes ago, Jasonc said:

I finally got started on this project while waiting on other paints to come in for the other unfinished ones. So far, I'm really liking the ease of building this, and the extra steel parts and rubber tires are going to make this a really fun project to complete.

@Xigfrid, I bought the same paints you used for this project. As for the stripes on the legs, are those decals also?

I am glad you like it! When I made this design, I let some room for improvements!

The stripes were made with paint and masking: yellow first, masking sides and spray metallic grey. Then masking diagonal bands and spraying black. 

On 6/24/2020 at 1:11 PM, Xigfrid said:

I am glad you like it! When I made this design, I let some room for improvements!

The stripes were made with paint and masking: yellow first, masking sides and spray metallic grey. Then masking diagonal bands and spraying black. 

Ah, OK, nice. I may try that. Haven't decided between that and making decals. Decisions. Next week I buy the rest of it.

• 2 months later...