MΔ Workroid

Xigfrid

It's available on your Shapeways?

Yes it is listed here

I listed it on my shop just to let know what is the average cost of such a large figure or you can rotate the models and have a closer look how the parts are made.

There are 12 parts, only 11 for the Workroid, BUT you need to order 2x "05_feet". The "2 part container" is great if you can't make your own container with card board or laser cut polycarbonate sheets. I made both options, and I much prefer paying the extra for Shapeways solution!

Making some tests with Tamyia TS 38 spray paint, this paint is very tricky... beautifully tricky with lots of reflections!

I also made some test with the yellow paint... and now I understand why everyone says painting with light color is difficult. I gonna need several layers of yellow to completely cover the primer I guess...

post-15880-0-28208200-1469612219_thumb.jpg

post-15880-0-26117600-1469612220_thumb.jpg

post-15880-0-92672800-1469612307_thumb.jpg

Edited by Xigfrid

• 4 weeks later...

Jeez man this is crazy. So what software do you draft these in? I've been wanting to get into 3d printing but only know how to use AutoCAD. Been quite a while since I drafted anything 3d too

EDIT I posted this w/o going thru the whole thread. My bad. Surfing on my phone. Can you download sketchup? I'll need to look into it more. Amazing work man

Edited by edstuff

I meant this one:

Haha yeah I understood perfectly that you were meaning this logo :D My point was that in Macross, they hate using occidental company logos as is, and they usually make a new one that is similar enough to be recognized ...

Anyway I will give it a thought because even my pal said that the my workbench looked like a futuristic CAT, so it may deserve the logo.

Edstuff, yeah Sketchup is a free program so you can experiment it to your heart's content.

Thanks aaajin!

Haha yeah I understood perfectly that you were meaning this logo :D My point was that in Macross, they hate using occidental company logos as is, and they usually make a new one that is similar enough to be recognized ...

Anyway I will give it a thought because even my pal said that the my workbench looked like a futuristic CAT, so it may deserve the logo.

Edstuff, yeah Sketchup is a free program so you can experiment it to your heart's content.

Thanks aaajin!

Thanks guys! I'm going to need to mess around with this!

I should add, I work for a CAT dealership. ;)

No to Komatsu! Though at least the country of origin is right...

Loving your work on the 'roid so far. I can't believe how much paint it's taken so far though - that's crazy!

do an homage to the CAT logo, but spell it NEKO instead...

That looks great! The paint colors are a great choice too! As far as Macross trademarks go, you can always go eat at MacrossDonalds while out in space on a cruise :D - MT