The Medicom - Mafex - RAH Thread

2 hours ago, Tking22 said:

That's a good looking Batman but I've got far too many roughly 1/12 6" Batman figures, so I'll have to pass. Now that Joker is announced, I'll be buying in on him and Dark Knight Returns Batman, they both look good, and that particular iteration of The Joker is a bit of a unicorn, not a lot of good figure options for that version of the Clown Prince. Easy pass on the Endgame stuff, none of that looks better then the Bandai Figuarts to me, Far From Home Night Monkey included. Also, knowing Mafex's current pricing, $80+ each easy, too little too late for the MCU stuff once again. 

I'm going to have to disagree.  The Figuarts stuff leaves A LOT to be desired these days.  The sculpt on Caps pants alone beats all of the Endgame stuff Bandai have released so far.  And it scales with Marvel Legends better.

52 minutes ago, Mommar said:

I'm going to have to disagree.  The Figuarts stuff leaves A LOT to be desired these days.  The sculpt on Caps pants alone beats all of the Endgame stuff Bandai have released so far.  And it scales with Marvel Legends better.

I don't do Legends at all so that's not a factor for me. Parts of the sculpt look better, agreed, some parts worse, but once again, $80+ is pretty well above the standard Figuarts price these days, also based on these photos, he might not come with a broken shield either. It's still too little too late for me, Mafex puts out there movie stuff far too late for me to ever consider any of it. Either way, I'm plenty happy with my Figuarts, Mafex still has too many duds these days in the QC department too, not worth the gamble, more-so considering I still like my Figuarts figures just fine.

I know I said I have enough 6" Batman figures, but I'm in for the blue DKR Batman and DKR Joker too, those look good. One thing Bandai never seemed to get on board with is comic based stuff, they only seem to bother with live action.

• 1 month later...

Who has one of these Medicom RAH EVA02's? Is yours a floppy mess? This thing is HORRIBLE. The Unit 01 I have is fine. This was supposed to be MISB but the seal was popped. I'm wondering if I got screwed, or if they're all a mess. And the white armor/band around the abdomen isn't attached at all.

Thanks

EVA021.jpg.de158138432578a3493e45ee7460b339.jpg

Eva02.jpg.46109ce26ca2195da54898e9ee3f923d.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Magneto is up at BBTS already.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/124213

And a fair amount cheaper at Megalopolis.  $84 with three day UPS versus plumb standard $93 before shipping at BBTS.

https://megalopolis.toys/collections/featured-pre-order/products/mafex-no-128-mafex-magneto-comic-ver-december-2020

Edited by Mommar

5 hours ago, lechuck said:

Hopefully Mafex will issue an alternate standard Magneto down the line. Purple cape and short hair for the win!

It really would take very little effort on their part to modify it to be a classic Magneto.  I do like the AoA version, though.  They can't seem to stick to a single look with the X-Men like they've been doing with the two Batman lines.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I haven’t paid for Miles Morales and Peter B. Parker but I think I might be all in with their Into the Spider-verse figures.  Unless Hasbro catches up and releases a lot more for a lower price.