The Medicom - Mafex - RAH Thread

One slight problem with this version of Superman.  Because it's the Batman Hush version he's only frowning or looking pissed off.  It'd be nice if they had a third, more optimistic looking, head as well.

Thanks for the Amazon links, pre-ordered!

Edited by Mommar

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I’m kinda confused by the buckle on the cat woman boots. They don’t look like they’re attached to straps or anything. They just look like they’re glued on to the boot for decoration. Maybe there’s a better close up that shows a strap or something.

4 hours ago, Big s said:

I’m kinda confused by the buckle on the cat woman boots. They don’t look like they’re attached to straps or anything. They just look like they’re glued on to the boot for decoration. Maybe there’s a better close up that shows a strap or something.

That's just what her boots look like.  Take it up with Jim Lee.

GEh8X051YXXmxY1u5B2vaoFtivSYWb2TVwLSOdLP

On 12/23/2019 at 6:11 PM, no3Ljm said:

The Dark Knight Triumphant

01866482-B9B6-426B-9C25-FB5BCB426012.jpeg.aa9ad2d57abc0f6f3f5f25a098cd6b5e.jpeg

C8BB498C-32EB-4E45-8747-21A377221FA7.jpeg.1a3982b532ca271ece0dec1700e1df85.jpeg

WOW talk abt comic book accurate! Posted in the other forums..

https://thefwoosh.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3352436#p3352436

KlIeKxG.jpg.62efcf810f8bed63c9b06eb2215dd4e8.jpg217sYYi.jpg.e0d6644b713f0d26348f603686e5a865.jpgj5oea6W.jpg.df87c8d0a8cd696502e9ee046231edea.jpg

Will they be doing the Joker, Supes, WW, GA, Robin or even the Mutant Leader as well....

This night be my first foray into mafex..

How are mafex figs, generally....no major complaints i hope...

2 hours ago, seti88 said:

How are mafex figs, generally....no major complaints i hope...

I came into this thread to ask the same thing. I've been looking at the MAFEX Evangelion releases, and they all seem to be pretty bad quality wise. I was curious if it's just a problem with the EVA releases or if it's indicative of all of the whole line.

I think from what I've read online before some earlier releases is not as good as the current ones. And it was been compared all the time with Figuarts.

Just don't quote me on this because I didn't have earlier Mafex releases. :rolleyes:

Anyways, Catwoman and Captain America is now available for preorder at AmiAmi.

Captain America
https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=FIGURE-055863

Catwoman
https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=FIGURE-055864

I guess I can’t fault them for being comic accurate with the boots on Catwoman. It still looks weird, but my daughter reminded me that a few years back she couldn’t find pants that had real pockets. They would have an odd fake stitch mark that looked like they almost had a pocket. I guess her boots just have a fake buckle that does nothing. Maybe Jim Lee was just making an unspoken joke about women’s fashion.

6 hours ago, Big s said:

I guess I can’t fault them for being comic accurate with the boots on Catwoman. It still looks weird, but my daughter reminded me that a few years back she couldn’t find pants that had real pockets. They would have an odd fake stitch mark that looked like they almost had a pocket. I guess her boots just have a fake buckle that does nothing. Maybe Jim Lee was just making an unspoken joke about women’s fashion.

Maybe Jim Lee just designed some cool comic book characters that translate very well in action figure format. ^_^ 

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, lechuck said:

Hasbro, this is how you do Magneto...!

med00e3-768x1298.jpeg

Interesting, that hairstyle is a very particular era in the 90’s.  Why deviate to Age of Apocalypse?

To be fair Hasbro could do that for $80 too.

Edited by Mommar

Daaaaaamn, Mafex!  I wish they could get figures out faster in a manner on par with Hasbro but 1) they already can't deliver a single figure on time and 2) those would be $600+ waves!!!  On the other hand if they were knocking out waves that quick I'd never have to buy a Hasbro figure again.

12 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

That’s Jim Lee’s Batman at the background, right? You guys think it will have a deluxe release that comes with that display stand?

I hope so. It looks awesome with that stand! It'll also motivate those who have the blue to double dip on this.

Edited by eXis10z

That's a good looking Batman but I've got far too many roughly 1/12 6" Batman figures, so I'll have to pass. Now that Joker is announced, I'll be buying in on him and Dark Knight Returns Batman, they both look good, and that particular iteration of The Joker is a bit of a unicorn, not a lot of good figure options for that version of the Clown Prince. Easy pass on the Endgame stuff, none of that looks better then the Bandai Figuarts to me, Far From Home Night Monkey included. Also, knowing Mafex's current pricing, $80+ each easy, too little too late for the MCU stuff once again.