Well that's what people asked for and WB is too reactionary imo.  Even tho I enjoyed JL I would love to see Snyder's cut.  But to be honest I don't think it would have made any more money.  Talking to some people that aren't up on the drama that didn't watch JL was because they think it was going to be too dark like BvS and have no idea about the director and tone change.   

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

From the article, only if Affleck decides to leave. He's contractually up for at least 1 more movie.

Nothing new.  The Affleck WB relationship went south a long time ago.   Matt Reeves has wanted Gyllenhaal as his first choice all along.  We will see how it turns out.  

He would make an excellent Batman though.

39 minutes ago, TangledThorns said:

Lots of good actors to choose from. My first pick after Bale was Karl Urban. 

That man just needs to play Dredd again damnit. I LOVED Dredd, such a fantastic film, and Karl was perfect as Dredd himself.

Also, I read The Flash solo movie got two more new directors signed on today! Who wants to take bets on when they inevitably decide to leave the project like all the rest?

19 hours ago, Tking22 said:

That man just needs to play Dredd again damnit. I LOVED Dredd, such a fantastic film, and Karl was perfect as Dredd himself.

Also, I read The Flash solo movie got two more new directors signed on today! Who wants to take bets on when they inevitably decide to leave the project like all the rest?

So guessing you haven't heard of the Dredd series that the BBC is getting ready to do? Believe it's called MegaCity One, and yes they asked and Karl showed interest as long as it was close to source.

2 hours ago, Focslain said:

So guessing you haven't heard of the Dredd series that the BBC is getting ready to do? Believe it's called MegaCity One, and yes they asked and Karl showed interest as long as it was close to source.

Definitely read that a while ago, also read that Karl was asked about returning to the role, which would be an instant win for the series if and when it happens. I'm cautiously optimistic, Dredd has a rough history when it comes to live action projects, the fact that Dredd the movie even happened after the Stallone film was a miracle itself.

On 1/17/2018 at 3:51 PM, Focslain said:

That's great news! Even better if Urban is on as Dredd. I didn't see that version in the theater, but it's been on TV a few times this week, and I really liked it. Now, if they can get Olivia Thirlby back to play Anderson, I'll be happy as a pig in shh.... :lol:

• 2 months later...
54 minutes ago, TangledThorns said:

The film was so damn uninspiring.

This is the highlight for me, people have been waiting how long for a big budget Justice League adaptation, and what did we get? A wholly forgettable film. There wasn't one single moment that was memorable, or noteworthy. Characters, other then WW herself, were boring and uninteresting, we didn't get to know them at all before this big team up so who knew that would be an issue? The villain was boring, the CG bad, it was all just mediocre. It's crazy it took so long too, the Avengers, hell the Defenders assembled before the Justice League, and yet it just kind of came out, and exists, but isn't anything special at all.

It was ok.  I mean, it was about as good as it was going to get, because they had to dig themselves out of the hole that Batman v Superman dug.

Honestly, I think my biggest gripe with it was that it was basically the animated film Justice League: War, just rejiggered to work with the other Synder-verse films.  And War was a much better movie.

The wife and I rented this Sunday night on Vudu...Wish i had waited for Netflix.. completely forgettable movie, only good things were WW and I do like Jason Momoa as Aquaman...that dude is just badass in general, as for the rest...blehhh....can i get my $6.48 back? 

• 5 months later...

Damn so they are losing their Batman and Superman? That's 2/3 of the holy trinity. Recasting sounds like a terrible idea, these characters were just barely established with these actors, will they just stick to Wonder Woman now? Barring Aquaman and Shazam, Wonder Woman seems the only guaranteed winner they have in the pipeline, does the Flash solo movie even have a director yet? They went through 3 or 4 drop outs already.

9 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders to let him know that the world hadn't ended.

Or a slob in desperate need of a paycheck that he is willing to sit there for eight hours to get into make up and put on a ridiculous looking set of spandex.  There is no reason why that  person cannot be a hero.  

In between the lines, see you later Cavil (never was) and Afflectk (has been), there are hundreds of guys like you we can pull off the street for a new Superman and a new Batman.  Hell, may be we can get back Bale bat again.

2 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

This news just got me thinking about other big Hollywood franchises that are tanking and pissing off the fans. Namely Star Wars, Star Trek, ALIEN, Transformers and so on.

Not a good time to be a big movie fan these days.

Don't forget The Terminator, or Ghostbusters, or Indiana Jones, or The Predator... (yes, apparently it sucks, too).  :(

On 9/12/2018 at 12:42 PM, jvmacross said:

That's because Warners has shifted its focus to a Supergirl movie, which will be an origin story featuring a teen superheroine. This effectively removes an actor of Cavill's age from the storyline's equation given that Superman, aka Kal-El, would be an infant, according to DC lore.

Am I missing something they aren't - or are they missing something I'm not..?

Cavil may be going, but I would see no need to start fresh. Treat it like a Bond film and the new guy as always was Superman and it will be fine. Especially if they get the right actor and they get the right script and director. And they keep the heart of what makes Superman so super. If they work it right they could debut the sew Supes in the Supergirl movie. Not a central but still a pivotal role. I would love for them to do a version of the 'Girl from Krypton' story line.

They are missing something, the problem was never Cavill, the problem was the scripts and direction.  Perhaps Cavill would not fit well with a lighter tone to the character but I'm guessing we will never know.  Batman on the other hand, never really did think Affleck pulled it off well.  The previous Batman would be good if he dumps the Gravely voice - couldn't stand the gravelly Batman voice and the Bat-SUV.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...