12 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Phew, i guess i wasn't weird in thinking that looked weird! Haha....

Seems to be the most talked-about aspect of the movie, honestly. :D

Friends convinced me to see it tomorrow morning, cheapo seats. (No way I'm paying full price to see this.) I have the lowest of expectations.

They did get the characterizations right. The story binding it all is where it stumbles. It's not bad movie, but I think what was left on the cutting room floor did hurt this movie. It needed to be longer.

-Batman is a dick in both the JL comics and here. That was spot on.
-Wonder Woman being the "grown-up" here. :lol:
-I do like that they brought in a Green Lantern into the flashback. But on that note, I wish they kept Steppenwolf's speech from the trailer. It would have been nice to have him verbally acknowledge there was no Lantern on Earth at his return.
-It would have been nice as well for him to acknowledge his exile from Darkseid earlier instead of at the middle/end. It would have helped to known earlier.
-How Batman figured out a frequency that attracts the Parademons would have also been nice. When that came out from nowhere, I got lost. 
-The tune during Flash's run had certain beats in there that reminded me of the CW's Flash theme song. I would have been nice to establish all the characters' theme music here and then use them in their own movies like Wonder Woman's theme from BvS. I wish they kept JunkieXL instead of going with Elfman.

This is an interesting video on the state of music in Marvel movies: 

I tend to agree with the primary claim that so many of these modern superhero/action movie scores are essentially white noise. Maybe it's because I grew up on stuff like the '89 Batman film (and watched all the Christopher Reeves Superman movies), but I didn't mind hearing the familiar music of my youth, and it's not like I would have remembered afterwards what the tracks by Junkie, etc. sounded like anyway (not that it's entirely their fault). Was the music jarring? Sure, but what about JL wasn't jarring or a mishmash of incongruent parts, everything from the plotting to the characterization to the dialogue. I mean, there were entire scenes that I swear were lifted, frame by frame, from the LOTR trilogy. 

That said, I liked the movie more than I thought I would. But that's because I was expecting the movie to be utter shite. 

I genuinely laughed at one moment in the movie, which is more than I can say about any of the previous Batman/Superman Snyder films--

Spoiler

Flash realizing he was in deep trouble when he tried to sneak up on Superman. 

Edited by gingaio

23 hours ago, Major Focker said:

seen both. 

Thor wins

Can now say that after seeing both, Thor wins in a landslide. But that's not to say I didn't have fun in Justice League, I absolutely did. And that's not something that I can easily say for the ending of Man of Steel and most of Batman v Superman. Wonder Woman was awesome from start to finish, so...

16 hours ago, Thom said:

A good movie. Not as great as it could have been, but not bad. I will see it again, and sit through to the end credits, because apparently there are two tacked on scenes. I only caught the first. It seemed a bit slow and choppy for the first half, and then it picked up for me. And yes, a bit rushed. This deserved another half hour at least, to let scenes 'breath,' to flesh out the villain and to wrap things up at the end. I'm really hoping that like BvS, we'll get an extended cut, as apparently the scenes that hit the floor instead of the real, tied things together better.

As to our stars, they were all pretty good, in order of Gadot, Affleck and Momoa, followed by Miller and Fisher. I really liked Diana and Bruce's scenes best, but that's probably cause I really like Gadot as WW.

Compared to Wonder Woman, I feel that movie was put together far better, from beginning to end. Again, JL was a bit choppy and abrupt. It's still good, but WW was great, and I would definitely rewatch Wonder Woman over JL if having to make a choice.

Last thing, they screwed up when they fired JunkyXL! Except for the WW riff and themes reminiscent of '89 Batman, the soundtrack was pretty generic. In WW, the soundtrack was as much a part of the movie as the characters and helped to lead you through it. Here, not so much. I think Elfman phoned it in...

I'll see this again, but not in the movies. I won't mind owning it on Blu ray or whatever. The score was kind of all over the place, with cues back to some legacy/iconic scores from DC movies past.

There were a few scenes of real chemistry between a few characters, Bruce and Diana, Bruce and Alfred, Diana with just about everyone.

I feel that Flash as a character was done the most disservice. Not by the casting, I have no issue there, but by the way they implemented him as the comedy relief.

Second to that I would say Aquaman's character didn't 'feel' right, but I'm not a huge fan of his and don't have a lot of context to compare to the comics or animated movies.

Batman was damn near spot on, until the final fight scene and there was a shot of him with his mouth open in amazement. That moment pissed me off so bad it would have ruined the movie except for how well he'd been done throughout the rest of the film.

13 hours ago, seti88 said:

THOR hands down. Saw em both, and enjoyed thor a lot more.

That being said, JL did not suck as much as i tot it would. :D
This is a time where i would say, see thor first but do try and make time for JL.

and....WW will melt your heart :p

Not going to give it away, and kinda annoyed waiting through the credits to see the last scene bit. Felt it was lazily done to say what it needed to say.

Phew, i guess i wasn't weird in thinking that looked weird! Haha....

Yep, waited for both end credit scenes. The very last one was HORRIBLE. It's just felt cheap (the set was fine, the cheap-ness was with one costume and the last line of dialogue) and stupid, and it should not have. 

11 hours ago, azrael said:

They did get the characterizations right. The story binding it all is where it stumbles. It's not bad movie, but I think what was left on the cutting room floor did hurt this movie. It needed to be longer.

Reveal hidden contents

-Batman is a dick in both the JL comics and here. That was spot on.
-Wonder Woman being the "grown-up" here. :lol:
-I do like that they brought in a Green Lantern into the flashback. But on that note, I wish they kept Steppenwolf's speech from the trailer. It would have been nice to have him verbally acknowledge there was no Lantern on Earth at his return.
-It would have been nice as well for him to acknowledge his exile from Darkseid earlier instead of at the middle/end. It would have helped to known earlier.
-How Batman figured out a frequency that attracts the Parademons would have also been nice. When that came out from nowhere, I got lost. 
-The tune during Flash's run had certain beats in there that reminded me of the CW's Flash theme song. I would have been nice to establish all the characters' theme music here and then use them in their own movies like Wonder Woman's theme from BvS. I wish they kept JunkieXL instead of going with Elfman.

Agreed that the movie felt very rushed, especially the beginning. But because DC didn't take the Marvel route and flesh things out across a series of movies a lot had to be crammed in.

There were some scenes that felt very Whedon and even one where I'd swear that Whedon tried to emulate one of Synder's cinematographic staples (slow-mo shell casings). I think the filmmakers wanted this to be a 'fun' movie, and in that they succeeded, where they fell flat was with the story and some of the characterizations and/or singular character moments.

7.5/10 

-b.

1 hour ago, Kanedas Bike said:

There were a few scenes of real chemistry between a few characters, Bruce and Diana, Bruce and Alfred, Diana with just about everyone.

I feel that Flash as a character was done the most disservice. Not by the casting, I have no issue there, but by the way they implemented him as the comedy relief.

Wonder Woman and Flash were easily the two highlights of the film for me. Batman--something about middle-aged Affleck--just looked really bloated and stiff in this movie, and that involved everything from how he physically looked to how he acted.

Also...

Spoiler

...the "fight" scene between Diana and Bruce felt really staged and cheap. When characters later explain at length the plot motivations for starting a fight ("I need to push Wonder Woman to step up and be a leader"), it comes off awkward and cliched, at least in the plodding way the filmmakers did it. 

Flash was always the comic relief in the Justice League cartoons (though not in the comic books, I know), but I'm fine with the film using the cartoon character as a reference. The difference was that movie Flash was more effete in his mannerisms, but I didn't mind that. 

Edited by gingaio

Thor wins by a landslide. And considering this is supposed to be the mother effin' Avengers super team-up movie of the DC universe, it getting trounced by arguably the least interesting of the Avengers is just... well, expected, at any rate.

The score was kind of all over the place, with cues back to some legacy/iconic scores from DC movies past.

Ironically, the DC movies have much stronger leitmotifs than any of Marvel's individual superheroes, but when it comes to the big team up, Avengers trounces whatever was the theme here.

I chalk it up to Snyder's directorial style. The generically sad music comes in when the generically sad scene calls for it, the happy music when the happy scene starts, and so on. Very Zack Snyder, very individually competent but narratively dead. The song that played during the "Superman is dead" montage at the beginning of the movie made my eyes roll.

The chemistry comes and goes. It's steadiest with the Flash, just because the writers seem to have the firmest grasp of who they want him to be, but even then I wouldn't call it a success because it's so fitful.

I really would've liked for him to become the moral center of the team. He's a bit naive, a bit innocent, but out of all of them, he's the least self-centered, the one most likely to do what's best for the greater good, not be so self-absorbed. There was a real opportunity for him to become the unexpected fan favorite by pushing the team together, compelling them to work together through his selflessness. There was no reason for him to help Diana fetch her sword, for instance, but he did, putting himself at considerable risk in the process.

Yep, waited for both end credit scenes. The very last one was HORRIBLE. It's just felt cheap (the set was fine, the cheap-ness was with one costume and the last line of dialogue) and stupid, and it should not have. 

Agreed, that whole thing was terrible.

The last line made me whisper to my friend, "Super Villain Cafe!"

Agreed that the movie felt very rushed, especially the beginning. But because DC didn't take the Marvel route and flesh things out across a series of movies a lot had to be crammed in.

The movie feels like a rehash of Suicide Squad, when each character needs to have their personal arcs systematically checked off. And I swear to god the movie acts like everyone in the DC universe has mommy issues. EVERYBODY in this movie has some sort of maternal trauma, it seems.

Me, I obviously think the movie fails too many times more than it wins to be a success overall. Better than the 2-3/10 that Man of Steel/BvS/Suicide Squad were, but doesn't quite reach the 5/10 of Wonder Woman. 4/10, don't waste your time, go watch Thor instead.

Just saw it, and enjoyed it for what it was. I'm not that critical, and I felt the cast worked, as well as their interactions. The only thing that stood out to me was the very animated look of the 'evil roots'. ;) 

Spoiler

Wondering if in the next film, if there is a next, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter, and Hawkman (or woman) are added. If they do a follow-up film, I'm looking forward to some Legion of Doom action.

6 hours ago, UN Spacy said:

LOL...only opened with 96 million. :lol:

“Justice League posted the lowest domestic opening of any title in the DC Extended Universe, which has yet to match the consistent success of rival Marvel Studios.”

"Overseas for Justice League posted $185.5M, putting the global opening at $281.5M."

They'll ultimately make a profit, but it's time to just completely reset the franchise, methinks. The casting is fine, but the world and story have been fundamentally flawed from the get-go, thanks in large part to too much Zack Snyder influence. He's just not a good narrative director, and too good a visual one.

Edited by kajnrig

8 minutes ago, glane21 said:

Can someone post what the second credit scene is about?  I left after the first one.  Thanks.

Cut to Arkham: Jailer calls for Luthor to get out of his cell. Luthor turns around, and it turns out to be a body double. Cut to Gotham harbor (or some other body of water). Deathstroke approaches a yacht on a speedboat. He comes up on deck, looking like a bad cosplay. Lex invites him to start a "League of our own."

A big budget movie and they can't even digitally erased Henry Cavill's moustache properly. The cgi was pretty glaring. Uninspiring music, they should have kept Junkie XL. I felt the chills from Danny Elfman's batman score alright, the chills from cheesiness of it. Felt like they had to shoehorn it in just to invoke the nostalgia from the 90s batman movies.

Edited by eXis10z

Sheesh.....

Zack Snyder's Director's Cut and Tom Holkenborg's (Junkie XL) Score for Home Release petition.

If WB wants to do something right, they should release an extended cut and allow Zack Synder to do it the way he wanted to before he had to step away.

Tom Holkenborg's (Junkie XL) OST for Justice League

I'm not sure if that was the actual theme (maybe it was promotional score and it showed up in one of the trailers apparently), but it would fit Zack Snyder's vision.

8 hours ago, azrael said:

Sheesh.....

Zack Snyder's Director's Cut and Tom Holkenborg's (Junkie XL) Score for Home Release petition.

If WB wants to do something right, they should release an extended cut and allow Zack Synder to do it the way he wanted to before he had to step away.

Tom Holkenborg's (Junkie XL) OST for Justice League

I'm not sure if that was the actual theme (maybe it was promotional score and it showed up in one of the trailers apparently), but it would fit Zack Snyder's vision.

LOL....the petitions or the fact that there are more pressing issues in Puerto Rico?

I haven’t seen it yet, but those numbers for the opening weekend shouldn’t be too much of a worry for the studio if this holiday weekend helps.

I do think Marvel May have done some damage by releasing one of their best films in the franchise only a couple weeks before justice league and then tempting everyone to just stay home and watch the Punisher on Netflix the same day this film opened.

I am a bit worried for the franchise since nobody really wants an Aquaman movie, and with odd plans to release unrelated films for dc that have no connection to these at all

Spoiler

Felt rushed.  The return of Supes as well as the assembly of the JL.  It just wasn’t as epic as I expected……two dudes digging him up and carting off his box to jump start him.  I was hoping that the rumbling at the end of BVS was to foreshadow that he wasn’t really dead, or at least his return would be unexpected by other characters in the movie.    

Despite the somewhat corny comic book version, I liked it overall compared to the live action version. 

I also didn’t like the explanation, or lack thereof, on why he went all psycho after his revival. 

I'm baffled, baffled I tell you, at how a movie this expensive put out a worse looking Slade/Deathstroke then Manu Bennett or Arrow. I am in no way knocking Manu on Arrow, quite the contrary, I think he's incredible as Slade, and he looks pretty damn awesome, costume aside, which looks a bit bulky too, but we've actually seen him fight and pull off action scenes in it. That buff werewolf dude from True Blood looked awful, the armor looked like it couldn't move at all, the mask looked even bigger and more cumbersome then what CW forced Manu to wear. And that dye job, my god that dye job. I get it, they REALLY went for a comic book Slade look, but holy crap, he just looked so terrible, it really took me out of the scene and honestly made that whole final after credit scene come off as goofy. Also, at least 15 people around me saw him and said "Deadpool?" It was very meh, but that's what I expected, so I'm not really upset, Steppenwolf was completely lame, and somehow made every shallow MCU villain look like Ledger Dark Knight Joker in comparison. With Arrow knocking Slade/Deathstroke stuff out of the park, once again, the DCEU shouldn't even really try. Ironically, Slade was not to be used for a while in the CW/Arrow verse due to him supposedly appearing in future DCEU movies, but look where we are now, Slade appeared at the end of last season, and just recently had a two part story arc this season! So much for no more Slade in the CW-verse! Also, Themiscrya just appeared on Legends of Tomorrow, no mentioned of WW, but she's obviously there somewhere. We're one mention of her and Batman away from having the Justice League in the CW-verse anyway.

1 hour ago, kajnrig said:

I thought he was only tapped to help on the JL movie?

He's working on Batgirl but was brought on to do the reshoots and a good chunk of post-production after Synder stepped away for family.

2 hours ago, azrael said:

He's working on Batgirl but was brought on to do the reshoots and a good chunk of post-production after Synder stepped away for family.

And so the rumor that he's fired would I'm assuming have to do with that recent reveal that he cheated often on his wife?

3 hours ago, kajnrig said:

And so the rumor that he's fired would I'm assuming have to do with that recent reveal that he cheated often on his wife?

I assume the rumor is attributed more to the poor box office returns than for him cheating on his wife (at least the extra-martial affairs haven't involved lewd or inappropriate behavior).

15 hours ago, kajnrig said:

"He got better."

They shoot them really really fast.

:lol: & :lol:

Was thinking about both of those points myself, and just decided that the answer was "meh, it's DC".

I will give credit to the Amazonians about how fierce, brave and selfless they were/are. 

-b.