2 hours ago, Sir Galahad® said:

With all the trailers coming out I assume no Superman will appear. Or maybe he will but he would be basically powerless at this point I think.

Supes’ roll is minor in this story cuz he died the last time we saw him. He has to do all the self-life questions after his resurrection. 

6 hours ago, azrael said:

Supes’ roll is minor in this story cuz he died the last time we saw him. He has to do all the self-life questions after his resurrection. 

let me correct that for you "Supes role is minor in this story since the other characters are practically not needed if Supes is around".  

Only time that isn't true if is all the baddies have Kryptonite bullets - which for some strange reason they never do.

1 hour ago, TangledThorns said:

With the Hollywood sex assault/harassments in the news, especially with Affleck, this week I wonder if it'll affect this film or him starring in more films as Batman?

I'm sure it will not affect this film. It has Gal Gadot in it. Now for the solo Batman movie, that we don't know. WB should just include Gal Gadot there so it's not going to get affected. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Really curious to see if there are any obvious moments that show Whedon's touch as compared to Synder's.

I know that care was taken by Joss to finish Zack's movie and to hold true to the original vision, just interested to see if there will be any "oh, that was Whedon" moments.

-b.

12 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

I read up on Gal Gadot on Wiki. She's a wonder woman herself!

i bet she is really an inspiration to her 2 daughters! WonderMama! ^_^

5 hours ago, Kanedas Bike said:

Really curious to see if there are any obvious moments that show Whedon's touch as compared to Synder's.

I know that care was taken by Joss to finish Zack's movie and to hold true to the original vision, just interested to see if there will be any "oh, that was Whedon" moments.

-b.

Now that you mentioned it, points 1 and 2 below i thk were definitely whedon-esque and a few more which i thk whedon might had a hand in...

Spoiler

1. The team banter scenes reminded me of the avengers esp in the batcave.
2. Aquaman confessing to all due to the lasso on his foot.
3. Running joke between batman/aquaman on dressing up as a bat and talking to fishes.
4. Superman's eyeball turn when flash was running...
5. Flash being the only one around after gordon turns around.

Man i said i didnt need to see it again after leaving the movie, but now am not too sure....:p

2 hours ago, jvmacross said:

For those that have seen both Justice League and Thor: Ragnarok......which one would you suggest if only able to catch one of them on the big screen?

Apologies, because I don't yet qualify to answer based on your criteria.

But I feel 10000000000% confident in recommending Thor: Ragnarok over Justice League. 

I'll happily eat my words in a few hours if after I see JL my opinion changes.

-b.

Saw it. It felt rushed like they got straight to the point. It felt like this was part 2 of BvS. If they did an extended cut, I would likely give it another chance. A lot of the trailer sequences did not make it to the final cut, much to my disappointment.

9 hours ago, Black Valkyrie said:

D, only for Bat Affleck, his character doesn't fit with others, the movie was rushed.  Batman should always be in a solo movie.  WB should sell the DC franchise to another company.

Batman never plays well with other. That's just who he is (in the modern setting).

1 hour ago, Kanedas Bike said:

Apologies, because I don't yet qualify to answer based on your criteria.

But I feel 10000000000% confident in recommending Thor: Ragnarok over Justice League. 

I'll happily eat my words in a few hours if after I see JL my opinion changes.

-b.

My sentiments as well.

A good movie. Not as great as it could have been, but not bad. I will see it again, and sit through to the end credits, because apparently there are two tacked on scenes. I only caught the first. It seemed a bit slow and choppy for the first half, and then it picked up for me. And yes, a bit rushed. This deserved another half hour at least, to let scenes 'breath,' to flesh out the villain and to wrap things up at the end. I'm really hoping that like BvS, we'll get an extended cut, as apparently the scenes that hit the floor instead of the real, tied things together better.

As to our stars, they were all pretty good, in order of Gadot, Affleck and Momoa, followed by Miller and Fisher. I really liked Diana and Bruce's scenes best, but that's probably cause I really like Gadot as WW.

Compared to Wonder Woman, I feel that movie was put together far better, from beginning to end. Again, JL was a bit choppy and abrupt. It's still good, but WW was great, and I would definitely rewatch Wonder Woman over JL if having to make a choice.

Last thing, they screwed up when they fired JunkyXL! Except for the WW riff and themes reminiscent of '89 Batman, the soundtrack was pretty generic. In WW, the soundtrack was as much a part of the movie as the characters and helped to lead you through it. Here, not so much. I think Elfman phoned it in...

Edited by Thom

12 hours ago, jvmacross said:

For those that have seen both Justice League and Thor: Ragnarok......which one would you suggest if only able to catch one of them on the big screen?

THOR hands down. Saw em both, and enjoyed thor a lot more.

That being said, JL did not suck as much as i tot it would. :D
This is a time where i would say, see thor first but do try and make time for JL.

and....WW will melt your heart :p

3 hours ago, Thom said:

A good movie. Not as great as it could have been, but not bad. I will see it again, and sit through to the end credits, because apparently there are two tacked on scenes. I only caught the first.

Not going to give it away, and kinda annoyed waiting through the credits to see the last scene bit. Felt it was lazily done to say what it needed to say.

13 hours ago, Kanedas Bike said:

Going to see it this afternoon, but while browsing the interwebs ran across this article. Literally broke out into tears laughing so hard;

-b.

Phew, i guess i wasn't weird in thinking that looked weird! Haha....

Edited by seti88