I just skimmed though this article summarizing the Justice League sequels.

https://bleedingcool.com/movies/zack-snyder-justice-league-sequel-jim-lee/

We escaped a bad one. This sort of thing should have never made it out of the planning stage. Although I'm not a DC expert. I would never think a you're not the father moment would make it into a Justice League movie or comic for that matter.

And another thing, I believe some of the tease of the new cut is about Martian Manhunter. However, he's not in the sequels. So I guess Martian Manhunter is just being used to sell this new edition.

8 hours ago, JetJockey said:

I just skimmed though this article summarizing the Justice League sequels.

https://bleedingcool.com/movies/zack-snyder-justice-league-sequel-jim-lee/

We escaped a bad one. This sort of thing should have never made it out of the planning stage. Although I'm not a DC expert.

DC?  That treatment had Marvel written all over it!  It's shocking just how much they aped from Infinity War/Endgame:

• The big alien bad guy wins, and half the heroes are killed at the end of the first film.
  • Jump five years ahead, into a dark and depressing future.
  • The survivors have gone their separate ways and are dealing with their own personal problems.
  • We bring the survivors back together, because only by working together they can succeed using... time travel!
  • With the timeline altered, all the dead heroes return, and a massive battle ensues...
  • The resurrected king brings his reclusive, secret society with their high-tech wonders to the fight...
  • The warrior god(ess) leads her ancient civilization to join the struggle...
  • The multiple armies defeat the forces of the big bad alien...
  • ...but not without the heroic sacrifice of the only normal human, the genius vigilante guy with all the gadgets.
  • End with a moving memorial service in honor of the hero that nobody actually liked... because he was kind of a jerk to everybody.

Seriously, just replace Wakanda with Atlantis, the Asgardians with the Amazonians, the Guardians of the Galaxy with the Green Lantern Corps, and call it Justice League: The Infinity Wargame<_<

To be fare, every story shares plot points with every other story ever written, to their degrees of genre, whether that be drama, romance or sci-fi, other. So putting out the bullet points comes off as comedic, whereas the real distinction is how they are carried out, so what is there, mostly, I would have been fine with. Mostly. Yes, time-travel being used as a major mulligan, esp after Endgame, would have felt overdone, but what actually gives me pause would be Bruce and Lois having had a 'relationship.' It would have been out of the blue, seeing how there was nothing foretelling this in BvS, and it would have been totally needless anyway.

And really, the only reason they were going to do it, I think, would be to give Bruce a reason to listen to Flash after he jumped into the past to warn them. Like having an older Flash jumping back in time to warn them of a threat wouldn't already be enough. But warn them about who? Luthor, right? So, rather than saying simply, 'stop Lex Luthor, he's the key to it all,' its 'Lois lied, the baby is yours.' It would have been done merely for needless drama, because that latter dialogue is totally out of left-field in regards to their fight against Darkseid, because somehow it means, 'listen to Lois, she knows about Lex.' Why wouldn't Bruce listen to that more direct warning?

But she was already warning them about Lex anyway, so having this second warning from a time-traveling Flash would/should be enough... Again, it just seems like it would have been a pointless bit of round-about drama that would, ultimately, have just made me go eeeww, Bruce and Lois!? How? Why!?

Reminds me of the proposed second season of TOS Battlestar Galactica. In that, I would have looked forward to it while not knowing what would happen, but now knowing what they would have done, I'm glad they didn't. Mostly because some things I didn't like about Reboot Galactica they were thinking of doing to the original.

In the end, maybe it's a good thing this current series of DC movies is just about dead. All I want now, is a good version of JL, without cliffhangers that would go nowhere and neatly tying things up in a nice, tight bow.

Edited by Thom

2 hours ago, Thom said:

Reminds me of the proposed second season of TOS Battlestar Galactica. In that, I would have looked forward to it while not knowing what would happen, but now knowing what they would have done, I'm glad they didn't. Mostly because some things I didn't like about Reboot Galactica they were thinking of doing to the original.

I didn't know that the original Battlestar Galactica was only one season. I still need to finish that series. As a kid I saw a bunch of episodes. I guess I just assumed it was a long series not just 24 episodes. I want to get a few of those Eaglemoss ships too.

I still think the old Superman / Batman World's Finest cartoon is the best Superman Batman story. I need to see it again as I remember a relationship between Bruce and Lois. But it wasn't anything like what's in Justice League. I thought it was Bruce attempting to find out about Superman more than a real relationship with Lois. Especially since Bruce is dedicated to being Batman more than being in any sort of relationship.

Edited by JetJockey

10 minutes ago, JetJockey said:

I didn't know that the original Battlestar Galactica was only one season. I still need to finish that series. As a kid I saw a bunch of episodes. I guess I just assumed it was a long series not just 24 episodes. I want to get a few of those Eaglemoss ships too.

I still think the old Superman / Batman World's Finest cartoon is the best Superman Batman story. I need to see it again as I remember a relationship between Bruce and Lois. But it wasn't anything like what's in Justice League. I thought it was Bruce attempting to find out about Superman more than a real relationship with Lois. Especially since Bruce is dedicated to being Batman more than being in any sort of relationship.

Yeah, just the one season. I haven't seen them in years, and it certainly feels like there should be more than that!:D

The og Bsg was pretty much a movie pilot, a season worth of episodes and an odd sequel if you count the 80’s stuff. But it really was great for what it was. 

Too bad bsg is more fun to talk about than bvs. Anyway it seems it won’t be much longer till this Snyder cut of justice league comes out. I probably wouldn’t care if there were real movies coming out, but since it’s free I’ll give it a shot and see if Snyder is the savior of this franchise or just a false prophet.

19 hours ago, JetJockey said:

It seems like there was two since the change between the pre-Christmas episodes and the post ones was so pronounced.  This is ignoring Galctica 1980 of course, which is always the wise choice.

3 hours ago, Dynaman said:

It seems like there was two since the change between the pre-Christmas episodes and the post ones was so pronounced.  This is ignoring Galctica 1980 of course, which is always the wise choice.

Oh, so very wise. Except... for it's last episode, the Return of Starbuck, which could just as well be seen as the TOS' long-lost episode.

You guys got me to find the original Battlestar Galactica online. I didn't know that the first three episodes were made as a movie and a TV show. I found the TV version. The show is from 1978 so when I watched it as a kid, it was a rerun. Also, I never saw the first three episodes or movie for that matter. I can't remember any of it. I probably would have remembered Jane Seymour from Live and Let Die. I didn't know the origin of the robot dog either.

I love that theme music. It really hit the nostalgia for me. And the designs. I love those pilot jackets. Now I recognize the Egyptian pilot helmets. Also more of the character names. I didn't know the story behind Cassiopeia's character. I just thought she's pretty and has a cool name. But she's some kind of let's say pleasure girl. She actually tells Starbuck that he'll have to pay or see her during office hours at one point during an argument with Athena (another cool name I thought back then). This would have been over my head as a kid.

I think when I watched the show, I started a bunch of episodes later. The human guy was running the Cylon ship. He was about to get killed in the TV episodes. And I remember thinking Sheba was beautiful. And she's not in the first three episodes at all. I'm going to find an HD release to buy.

Another thing, wiki has a bunch of stuff in the criticism and legal action section I didn't know. Comparisons with Star Wars. And a story about kids getting hit with firing toys. But I think death was one of those urban legends. I guess not though. I remember drawing the Viper a lot. But I can't remember owning a toy. I know I had a Buck Rogers ship. And the bigger triangle type bad guy brown ship. I remember the princess was hot in that show. I'm going to search the toys later.

2 hours ago, Big s said:

I’m not really that impressed about the rereshoot for this, but it’s supposed to be free so I’ll give it my final judgment later. Hope it’s worth the hype 

Few things are worth the hype. I already know it probably won't be as good as any of the Avengers team up movies. And recently Snyder said he knew his version wasn't the official version. That DC was still working off the theater version.

This will just be an interesting comparison between directors. Not many big movies you can do that sort of thing with. Usually it's just with fan edits.

10 hours ago, blackconvoy_D01 said:

I'm optimistic for the Synder cut. The passive aggressive bashing is just bullshit from either the general public or Marvel/ Disney fan base IMHO. It's whatever. Haters gonna hate:

I check out her reviews from time to time. But she was guaranteed to like it since I believe she's friends with Snyder. At least she had a few chats with him leading up to the release.

For people who will want a statue. From Prime 1 Studio.

Prime-1-Black-Suit-Superman-Statue-003.thumb.jpg.49fc3a937db3b5fe9b5badf7fd8ac9f6.jpg