WIP: "Not On My Watch..."

pengbuzz

Nice. Maybe add some smoke effects from the gun and in the bullet holes?

Thanks! I plan on adding some smoke, as well as a firefight behind Skull one here. Right now, trying to get the whole scene to look a bit better; this is still very rough by my standards.

Current progress:

Macross%20art%20progress%207_zpsag3eopb5

Stay tuned...

Less smoke from the barrel, propellant burns fairly clean, and make it a lazy curl... Most of the smoke off a hot weapon is gun oil burning off. A heat haze off the barrel jacket perhaps but definitely less smoke. The powder in a cartridge is call "Smokeless" Powder.

600px-Sound_12_Kar_(1).jpg

143468863.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=2DF30

smoking-gun-23774351.jpg

Edited by NZEOD

Less smoke from the barrel, propellant burns fairly clean, and make it a lazy curl... Most of the smoke off a hot weapon is gun oil burning off. A heat haze off the barrel jacket perhaps but definitely less smoke. The powder in a cartridge is call "Smokeless" Powder.

600px-Sound_12_Kar_(1).jpg

143468863.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=2DF30

smoking-gun-23774351.jpg

Definitely, NZEOD; after posting my WIP last night, I noted that and proceeded immediately to kill down the smoke:

Macross%20art%20progress%2013_zpsfz074as

(Kinda looked like a cigar more than a gunpod!)

Thanks for picking it up though; before posting this, I did go in and make a bit of a "lazy curl" as you mentioned. I really appreciate the advice on the smoke.

Edited by pengbuzz

Sorry about the delay folks; had some family issues to take care of (money's short, as usual).

In any event, here's the latest progress:

Macross%20art%20progress%2016_zpsgfi7fdv

Still a WIP; lots of stuff to take care of. None of it meets my criteria yet, but it's coming along.

Stay tuned...

Definitely, NZEOD; after posting my WIP last night, I noted that and proceeded immediately to kill down the smoke:

Macross%20art%20progress%2013_zpsfz074as

(Kinda looked like a cigar more than a gunpod!)

Thanks for picking it up though; before posting this, I did go in and make a bit of a "lazy curl" as you mentioned. I really appreciate the advice on the smoke.

NICE!!!

Thanks guys! I really appreciate the input and complements. :)

A little bit of an update here: I FINALLY gave Skull-1 a "hand" (ba-dum-dum-tish!).

Macross%20art%20progress%2017_zpsfazfimz

While the hand isn't perfect (it needs a LOT of work!), it's a start and I should be able to start on the other hand soon. I also got the handle to the gunpod started, and I wrestled with the intake covers; they still need some work, but they're a LOT better than before. In addition, I tweaked the head and head lasers a bit, and did some more work on the visor (it was bugging me).

And looking at this: I need to fix the "U.N. SPACY" on the gunpod: it doesn't look right to me. I'll probably go in with photoshop and use the transform tool to fix it. No big deal, but it's been bothering me for a while now.

Hoping to get to the Regult soon, and work some of the buildings a bit more. Stay tuned...

Edited by pengbuzz

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE:

Macross%20art%20progress%2021_zps8becste

Got some more detail done overall, namely the buildings. I removed the left hand "boxing glove" in preparation for the more permanent left hand unit. Aside from that, just tome minor tweaking here and there.

Stay tuned folks...

Okay...time for a decision:

I got the smoke in on the battle pod, and did a little bit of combat in the air in the background. That said, I'm wondering about putting the Macross in. So, here's both versions; I only sketched the ship in basically (as I'm not going to add too much to it unless I plan on going ahead with it).

Option A (without):

Macross%20pic%20option%20A_zpsgpwnbf1k.j

Option B: with)

Macross%20Pic%20option%20B_zpslguwaq3r.j

Let me know which you folks like better, and any other suggestions you might have! :)

Edited by pengbuzz

Loving it. The ship in the background one looks nice. :wub: I know this one is still in the sketch phase. But my only opinion if ever you're going to go with the ship at the background is that not to make the ship looks sharp since that one is a little bit far away. And the buildings in the background has more details compared on the ones in the foreground. And the foreground buildings should not have more than 4 floors since Battroid is just 12.68 meters in height. ^_^

vf1d_battloid_standing.png?w=500&h=385

Anyways, keep it up sir. Looking forward for more. ;)

Loving it. The ship in the background one looks nice. :wub: I know this one is still in the sketch phase. But my only opinion if ever you're going to go with the ship at the background is that not to make the ship looks sharp since that one is a little bit far away. And the buildings in the background has more details compared on the ones in the foreground. And the foreground buildings should not have more than 4 floors since Battroid is just 12.68 meters in height. ^_^

vf1d_battloid_standing.png?w=500&h=385

Anyways, keep it up sir. Looking forward for more. ;)

Thanks for the input, no3ljm. :) the background buildings, those and the ship are going to be blurred out a bit more (haven't gotten there yet). As for the buildings in the foreground: they are behind the Battroid. If it were standing next to them, the Battroid would be only 4 storeys high! (the windows on the "glass" building are supposed to be double-paned).

More stuff to fix, since the main image was flattened a while back. :lol: (maybe I'll throw in a wrecked car.! :D )

Edited by pengbuzz

Okay, another update:

Macross%20art%20progress%2026_zpscyosizy

Still have to fade the background buildings a little more, but I think we've got a winner here. :)

Stay tuned folks.... gotta decide what kind of car to squish here...

Edited by pengbuzz

LAST UPDATE:

Okay, decided against putting a car in someone's window.; I finished as much detailing and last-minute stuff on this, and I'm just calling it "a day" on this piece":

Not%20On%20My%20Watch%20-%20Final%20WM_z

(BTW: "pbz-313" is what I use to sign my artwork; certain family members online really make life difficult for me)

May not be the best work ever done in Macross, but I'm happy that it looks better than the stuff I've done in the past.

Thanks for watching everyone, and thank you for the suggestions! See y'all on my next project!