Long time no see guys.

Rob

Okay i´m not showing anything here but i just wanted to say hi to every one as i´ve been away for a loooong time (what 13 years now?)

Not even sure if the old guys from back in the days are still here .

I didn´t realy know where to put this as there seems to be no *general talk about whatever* forums unless i just have a bad eye sight hehehe. :)

I do have a question that you could consider belongs here, What happend to all the recasting stuff that always was on MW? i see it´s forbidden now?

Are there any threads explaining to how this came to be? i can´t seem to find them. I did find some threads about how i fell in the macross black hole ahahaha .

I liked that. B)) .

I was contacted for some of my custom heads and armor recasts last week and it kinda tickled me to get back to my old hobby. Hoped to relive some of those ol

glory days heh :lol: . Seems like those are gone then :wacko: .

BTW mods if this is in the wrong section then i´m sorry, feel free to move it .

Special greetings to Shawn and Graham who i see are still here after all these years.

Greatings to Everybody.

Rob

Welcome Rob. I'll gladly take the blame for hunting Rob down. A google search led me to older forum posts which I hadn't stumbled on via my usual MWF navigation and he seemed to have much of the 1/55 customization stuff I'd been looking for.

Hey Rob!

Recasting, as far as taking someone else's work is forbidden. So as far as the custom heads you made, that's still good.

What happened was actually something I did. I recasted side covers for the 1/60 valkyries and i was contacted by the sculptors of the toy in an actually very polite letter. I brought it up to the mods and we put together rules that still allows people to put out their customs. The rules protects the customizers as well as official products. This was all behind the scenes so you won't find a thread on it, but I've written about it before.

Hey guys.

Hah yeah it was because of you Mazinger that i came back to Macross and casting/customizing/recasting.

I can of course understand the issues with copyright i guess when you have to draw a line you have to draw it.

Havn´t seen anyone using their licences to make more chunkey monkey´s or their armor´s heh. *Hint to Bandai* :p

I guess ill have to start customize the chunky monkey stuff hah.

Thanks for the explanation Exo. I also wanted to continue the SDP but i saw a beautifull SDP already . is the SDP actualy copyright?

Wasn´t that a fanmade ?

AAAh yeah ValkyrieExchange , there was Jerry´s site vf1x i still have great memories of the time i was in LA for the MW con.

Must say i wasn´t at my best back then, ( probably some of you guys that met me there noticed ) one of the reasons i left Macross then i had on my shoulders already when i was in LA.

I had a hugh depression back then that lasted about 2 years. Darn thing about these things is that you don´t see it comming.

At least i didn´t.

The other was more simple ...cash hehehe Macross was becomming a big money pitt , new toys comming out and all. Was constructing

my new house back then too . Resin and molding silicone was pretty expensive 10 years ago ( at least it was here ) so i just fell in the black hole hahaha.

Oh well lets see what we can make heh.

Hey, no worries Rob. We all go through rough patches. Good to see folks though return to the boards; admittedly, I myself used to be on here a long time ago, but I left. I had some changing of my own to do, and several years helped with that. :)

ValkyrieExchange: yep, I miss that site too...

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Rob good to see you back! I pop in every so often (years). LOL I still have your recast 1/55 GBP, clear canopies, and pilot/HUD. I never let them go. I held on to them all these years. I even have a A head too. Glad to see your back.

Hi there. wow always cool to see that stuff heh at least what i see there is partialy my recast right?

The legs look like origenal parts . I know i was experimenting with color casting but i don´t think i ever got it that right hah. :lol:

Edited by Rob