Mission 11: Jellyfish Reminiscences  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Rating

• Positive (Messer <3 Kaname #sadface #theonethatgotaway)
    • Neutral
    • Negative (A trip down memory lane? He's gone. Get over it. #onelastbuzzkill)

I'm kinda disappointed that no one will replace Messer and inherit his VF-31F but with the pace the story is moving there is probably no time to give him the least bit of backstory.

Maybe Alpha or Beta Platoon will show up more often giving us more VF-31A action, and maybe they'll install the Philosopher's Stone Fold Quartz crystals on them just like Delta's 31's.

I would like to meet the guy that had the unfortunate job of cleaning that cockpit. I don't want imagine what they went through on that. Cleaning a cockpit is bad enough under normal circumstances. that cockpit was almost Emma curate. ...

Only 8 B inhabitants in the whole cluster? No wonder it's a backwater.

Earth today has like 6 B; now, I can understand the reasoning since the exploration fleets likely only found primitives, so their populations might not have been that great. But 8B just isn't that much even if most of the earth population was decimated in the original series. Plus, I am assuming that the 8B are mostly native species. So far we have four planets inhabited that has been visited, watching the map, there were at least 12 planets inhabited, so population on each planet must be quite small.

I am wondering who really set off the remation eater... :) (anybody remember that original poor translation of Grace in Frontier?)

Because it seems like everyone on both sides genuinely believe the other side set it off. Something is kind of funny here.

Well in MF Grace did say the Protoculture both feared and admired the Vajra. The Bird Human looks like it was based on the shape of the Vajra Queen. I would have no doubts that PC tech was influenced by the Vajra especially in the organic design base.

Is it just me, or does one of the ship types that defolded with the Protoculture ship look quite a bit like one of the Vajra carriers from Frontier?

I believe it's the ship that was hovering over the Voldoran capital in episode 7, just seen from the side.

To respond to the other thoughts, I've been thinking that the Windermerians must be getting manipulated into this action, especially when we saw Epsilon and Mr. Berger enter the picture, but this episode makes me second guess that somewhat. Gramia is pretty clearly driven by revenge, and the talk Keith and Roid have makes it seem like that's been the plan all along, no hidden agendas. With the ambiguity of who set off the dimension bomb and why, though, I wonder if the royals themselves might not know the whole story? Maybe the bomb was set off by a third party (Epsilon) to make both sides think the other did it and drive everyone to the present state of affairs.

Just speculation. I've been hoping for more complexity to the knights and the king, but the more we see, the more they seem to be playing straight. Outside of Roid, they seem to be motivated exactly as stated. There are plenty more twists coming, I'm sure (we're way too early in the series for nothing but territory battles from here on out), but it will still be disappointing if the wind folks just turn out to be rubes.

When I first saw this shot in the episode, I mistakenly thought Messer had secretly kept a photo of the Captain. Oh what a twist that would've been... Messer in love with Both Captain Arad & Kagame! And if that was the case then kawamori really blew his chance for a truly interesting love triangle!

post-425-0-88360400-1465959297_thumb.jpg

When I first saw this shot in the episode, I mistakenly thought Messer had secretly kept a photo of the Captain. Oh what a twist that would've been... Messer in love with Both Captain Arad & Kagame! And if that was the case then kawamori really blew his chance for a truly interesting love triangle!

I actually thought that was the case too before they started mentioning logs. XD Bad use of a reflective surface.

And Ive been wondering, where is Keith's and Heinz's mothers? Maybe they were both lost to the hole and thats really whats got Gramia so pissed and vengeful?

I've been wondering about them as well. Was one of them a Wind Singer? And was that person involved in whatever caused the crater on Windermere?

I've read a few comments such as RedWolf's below, indicating they're out of the picture, but...

Both mothers died naturally before the war due to Windermerean lifespan.

Has this been stated in any of the episodes, in one of the comics, or an article about the series or characters? Just looking for a reference if there is one. Thanks! Edited by RDX17

I actually thought that was the case too before they started mentioning logs. XD Bad use of a reflective surface.

LOL! Yeah, that shot could've been handled a little better.

I've been wondering about them as well. Was one of them a Wind Singer? And was that person involved in whatever caused the crater on Windermere?

I've read a few comments such as RedWolf's below, indicating they're out of the picture, but...

Has this been stated in any of the episodes, in one of the comics, or an article about the series or characters? Just looking for a reference if there is one. Thanks!

Aerial Knight side story manga. Keith was already estranged from his parents at 10 years old. Giving up the prince title as to not have a succession trouble with the just born half brother. Heinz's mother gave birth to him when she already has face lines meaning she was nearing the end of her life.

Aerial Knight side story manga. Keith was already estranged from his parents at 10 years old. Giving up the prince title as to not have a succession trouble with the just born half brother. Heinz's mother gave birth to him when she already has face lines meaning she was nearing the end of her life.

Right on! Thanks for the additional info. Very good to know.

Only 8 B inhabitants in the whole cluster? No wonder it's a backwater.

It's likely to be the biggest potential market in the galaxy. No wonder Kaos doesn't want it enslaved.

A Zentradi main fleet is composed of 7.5 billion people but having no idea of trade or capitalism nobody can sell stuff to them.

Yeah Miclone races are the minority in the galaxy.

Edited by RedWolf

Finally saw the subs, well done.

I am finding that SK is becoming a much more adept story teller in Delta. Instead of pandering like in M7 and to a lesser extent in MF, he is using each episode to focus on a particular part of the overall story. Well done!

Still not clear how the Windermere have come to the conclusion that they are the heirs to the PC though, even Keith expressed his doubts.

I get the sense this series is similar to M7, but much better written. There are love triangles, but they take a back seat to the story over all. MF had a very strong triangle arc, but this one is much more subdued like M7. The serenade to Messer was very haunting at the end, I loved it!

We are nearly halfway through and there is plenty of meat on the bones already!

The hidden PC SDF cap ship was a nice reveal, not a fan of the ornate nature of it, but I understand why SK may have made that choice. At the height of the glory days of the PC republic, form was more important than function. It appears to me it may have been hidden on purpose, perhaps the cluster was one of the PC outposts we heard about in the official chronology. One of the last vestages of Protoculture fleeing the Zentradi slaughter.

I don't hold out much hope for the NUNS fleet engaging a PC battle wagon though. She may only be at partial capacity, but even a wounded shark is still a shark.

Edited by Zinjo

I expect some betrayal from Epsilon but joining forces making Kingdom of Wind good guys? Not really. They are really hammering it to us Gramia and Keith are not good guys going full imperial Japan.

I'm guessing by midpoint Windermere's dream of imperialism broken by NUNS and Chaos protecting the unoccupied ruins. Next what would happen is planet hoping Walkure breaking their control of ruins liberating world after world.

Final conflict would be on the skies of Windermere itself.

I'm expecting Roid to defect for Heinz sake as it is becoming apparent Gramia doesn't care about him and wants wanton slaughter. Heinz is realizing Windermere could end up burning like in Freyja's vision. And perhaps an alternative to their warlike ways from Mikumo's vision.

My predictions for the rest of the series was more a comment on how fast the story seems to move. ^_^

On a side note I wonder how the short live span of the Windermereans affect their understanding of history. Do we know how long ago the detonation of the dimensional weaponry was? I mean with the short lifespan it is probably easier to tinker with the perceptions of events, much easier to create a false interpretation of events.

So only a few people are in the know of what has actually happened (like the king and Herman) and all the younger inhabitants believe firmly the propaganda of the ruling class. So I could imagine that the believes of Keith and the Aerial Knights and especially Heinz are being shattered when the truth is reviled to them that Windermere bombed their own planet. Of course this would the cliché thing to do so I'm not sure this will happen. Maybe all the Aerial Knights are in the know.

If Epsilon did indeed detonate the weapon, perhaps they orchestrated the joint venture with Windermere to get their hands on the Sigur Valens and learn her secrets. PC tech is in great demand and understanding how it works is quite the prize for an amoral corporation.

At first I was like, "Messer, why the hell do you have such a candid framed photo of Arad with an incredibly stupid look on his face? I mean I understand you admire the man for saving your life and all but c'mon at least get a better picture of the dude."

Then they showed us it was a log and that was just Arad's reflection, I always assumed those Tablet things were transparent.

At first I was like, "Messer, why the hell do you have such a candid framed photo of Arad with an incredibly stupid look on his face? I mean I understand you admire the man for saving your life and all but c'mon at least get a better picture of the dude."

Then they showed us it was a log and that was just Arad's reflection, I always assumed those Tablet things were transparent.

You're right, by now in the Macross universe all those tablets should be transparent.

My friend was also ragging on the scene when the Walkure was training. It's the future, don't they have something better than old tire on rope? Even Alto trained with the Ex-Gear turned off!

post-425-0-75660900-1465972605_thumb.jpg

Yeah, I also thought at first that he had a photo of Arad on the cover of his journal....hahaha

My friend was also ragging on the scene when the Walkure was training. It's the future, don't they have something better than old tire on rope? Even Alto trained with the Ex-Gear turned off!

This scene annoyed me but for a different reason. Freyja was the one that fell down, but she's the Windermerian with supposedly extreme physical abilities. She's already shown early on that she can jump higher than a normal human (was it a 6ft standing jump in episode one IIRC).

Based on what we know and have seen of Windermerians in action, I would have thought Freyja would have done the best out of all the Walkure members at purely physical training, apart from possibly Mikumo as we are not sure exactly what she is.

Finally watched it.

I was shocked to see that they could do a medical scan that didn't involve anyone being naked for the sake of fan service.

Might have something to do with Freyja being 14. Her being naked would make the show borderline illegal in quite a few countries.

The show seems to have taken a big step back from fanservice in general, which I think is a good thing. It doesn't offend me, but there were several times in Frontier that left me rolling my eyes and feeling like I needed to apologize to my wife that this really wasn't "that" kind of show. I'm liking Delta's more mature presentation.

Might have something to do with Freyja being 14. Her being naked would make the show borderline illegal in quite a few countries.

Yep, because the Evangelion kids where all older than 18. ^_^

Haven't you watched Rocky IV? Low tech training is the way to go in any training montage.

I wonder if the 37% drop in Delta's combat effectiveness from Messer's death is really due to his skill or the fact he shot to kill and didn't drag out firefights trying to disable the enemy.

Which is leads in to the interesting question if Hayate will start shooting to kill if he really wants to take up the combat weight Messer left behind.

You're right, by now in the Macross universe all those tablets should be transparent.

Just a small correction... in Macross Frontier, having to walk laps of the Macross Quarter's hangar in an unpowered EX-Gear suit wasn't training. It was a punishment.

The first time we saw it, it was Alto's punishment for being shot down in the simulator (blissfully unaware that Michael had raised the difficulty), and he had laps added for sass. The second time was Michael AND Alto doing laps for sneaking Sheryl aboard the Macross Quarter, with Cathy Glass adding laps to their punishment for sass.

Still not clear how the Windermere have come to the conclusion that they are the heirs to the PC though, even Keith expressed his doubts.

I don't think the whole "heir to the PC" thing has been said or presented as anything other than propaganda at this point in the series. Even if they do address it with some scientific basis later on, how exactly would one descendeant race of the Protoculture have any more of a direct lineage to the PC than any other? How would one prove that humans are any less heirs to the PC than Windermereans. It doesn't make any logical sense, instead it just reads like racial jingoism and cultural imperialism. Given that Windermere is fighting a war, I'm not the least surprised if their "claim to the throne" was utter BS, perpetuated just for the sake of justifying their war.

Hayate not holding back to make up for Messer's absence could be awesome. Let's see what he is truly capable of.

Here's my prediction: He takes all of the Knights on by himself and is kicking ass. It will be some of the best mecha action you've ever seen! Just before he's about to kill one of them he'll start crying. Freyja will start singing. Instead of finishing them off he starts dancing. The Knights will be so impressed by his dope moves that they start dancing too!