1/100? Quel-Quallie

Mintox

Hi has anyone built this kit? Is it even worth attempting? I got it off a friend. No box cover or decals. Seems ok as far as looking like a Quel-Quallie.

post-30595-0-76273000-1465393381_thumb.jpg

Yes! I have built it and it is worth it. You are one of the best around here so I don't mind saying I can't wait to see how awesome it looks when you get finished! It's an old kit so old kit rules apply..really cheap soft plastic. The decals were dead on mine, but whatever, looks fine without any and matches the anime! I'll post some pics of mine later if I can dig them up. Also the kit is in an odd scale of 1:720 according to the box.

Edited by derex3592

Yes! I have built it and it is worth it. You are one of the best around here so I don't mind saying I can't wait to see how awesome it looks when you get finished! It's an old kit so old kit rules apply..really cheap soft plastic. The decals were dead on mine, but whatever, looks fine without any and matches the anime! I'll post some pics of mine later if I can dig them up. Also the kit is in an odd scale of 1:720 according to the box.

Thanks Derex for the encouragement. Yeah I test fitted some parts and they seem ok fit wise. The plastic on mine is actually very brittle but I dont mind that so much. I think I can make my own decals or markings so not bothered by that but I cant find any instructions for it not that it should be too hard to work out. 1/700 of course this thing is huge. Just read the specs for it. Great design though.

Just need a 1/700 GPB-1 marked up as Hikaru's.

Thats not a bad idea :-( now where to find one! Oh for a laser scanner and a 3D printer)

Edited by Mintox

Here's some pics of mine to give you a bit of encouragement! Yes...mine was brittle as well..so be careful! As for instructions, let me look around, there's a website that has scans of old Macross kits..it might be on there. If so, I'll share the link.

post-11393-0-60878000-1465440187_thumb.jpeg

post-11393-0-71723400-1465440223_thumb.jpeg

post-11393-0-56876200-1465440248_thumb.jpeg

post-11393-0-64360700-1465440271_thumb.jpeg

Edited by derex3592

Here's some pics of mine to give you a bit of encouragement! Yes...mine was brittle as well..so be careful! As for instructions, let me look around, there's a website that has scans of old Macross kits..it might be on there. If so, I'll share the link.

Hey that looks great. This is the first time I've seen one built. Yeah if you can scan the instructions that would be very appreciated.

I'm gonna look around the net and see what I can find, but it's a rare kit, so I don't know how much luck I'll have with the instructions, in the meantime ...you can always look back at this guys build!!! It's fracking sweeeeet!

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/?showtopic=41265

Yeah I just found that today. Very nice build. I'm going to keep it pretty close the line art but change the door and sensor bay as per the drawings but keep everything else as original as possible.

Well, I combed every corner of the net for the instructions that I know to look in for the last hour, no luck. Got close on Collection DX and Mech9.com, but they only had pics of the front and back, and decal sheet, not the actual assembly instructions. Sorry..

Edited by derex3592

Well, I combed every corner of the net for the instructions that I know to look in for the last hour, no luck. Got close on Collection DX and Mech9.com, but they only had pics of the front and back, and decal sheet, not the actual assembly instructions. Sorry..

Cheers for the help. I've figured how it all goes together but I seem to be missing the pivots for the legs. They must be on a separate sprue or maybe they were poly caps or something so I'll need to fabricate them. Easy enough done.

Nice score! If your decals are bad, put a thin coat of Micro Superfilm on them. That should keep them from breaking like glass. I use it when making decals too. Looking forward to seeing this build up! - MT

Can't help but always notice how similar the lower radar antenna is to the V-E!

Yes very similar indeed.

Nice score! If your decals are bad, put a thin coat of Micro Superfilm on them. That should keep them from breaking like glass. I use it when making decals too. Looking forward to seeing this build up! - MT

Well its worst than that - I dont have any!! I'll have to fudge some markings. I've got some old Zentradi (Zentran?) decals I'll use plus I'll cut my own painting masks for the larger Zentran markings.