Wave 1/72 VF-4 lightning

seti88

• 3 weeks later...

Please tell me they're making that AEW!! Please tell me they're making that AEW!! Please tell me they're making that AEW!! Please tell me they're making that AEW!!

... you'll have to scratch one yourself I think

Spartan? What about the Monster?

I was just kidding - following up on the past discussions about whether we'll ever see a new Wave-quality 1/72 Spartan.

The Master Files sneak peak looks awesome! I love the underwing stores, including the gun pod, and the squadron markings look great! Can't wait to get my copy.

Can't wait to get my copy!

That AEW would definitely be cool to have a kit of. I really like that variant.

I'm diggin' the second seat and extended fuselage/tails... but that dish and where/how it connects aren't doing it for me...

...the more I look at it the more it's growing on me... I think Tom Paris from ST Voyager would give her his seal of approval though :D

think it can transform? because of where the dish connects to the engine pods [if I'm interpreting the image correctly] it looks like it attaches to what become the fore-arms in Battroid/Gerwalk

maybe it's a full-on purpose built AEW airframe?

Edited by slide

It's won me over... gotta have it.

we'll have to wait and see how the wave kit assembles to know how easy that mod would be.

is it just me or are the dimensions of the entire engine pod different on it?

We need that 2 seater minus the dish as a Wild Weasel/Growler variant

1 Growler/Weasel, and 3 for the F-4 phantom schemes on my list...

but I'll take a dish option too. That's the most 80's hair-do I've ever seen on an airframe since the Tracker grew a Mullet!

Looking forward to getting my book too. Love the images but how would most of them transform with the weapons hung from the belly? The thighs come out from there.

Chris

It would just be a pretty straightforward matter of having the fire control system launch those underbelly missile first during the first engagement of the battle. Once those missile are expended, it would jettison the racks. Worst case, it could automatically jettison those stores if the pilot activated the transformation sequence. It does seem strange to have the gun pod slung under the center of the aircraft though, since that would be one of the last weapons to be used. I'm not familiar enough with the VF-4 transformation process to know whether it could stay attached to the leg or not.

Was thinking the same thing. I guess I was far more excited by the prospect of having a model kit for this, before I had the Arcadia toy. Hopefully they'll release more than one variant and this is actually what it looks like - a VFX-4.

Not a hint of the Lightning at Wave's C3 presentation, seems like it will be a long way to the kit...

(but they did show an awesome Aura Battler Bellvine kit)

Sorry for the OT. But is Bellvine part of the Tales of Nei Byston Well OAV just like Sirbine? If so, hope Bandai will make this one in Robot Damashii form too. :wub:

hmmm... found this today...

http://www.monstersinmotion.com/cart/spaceships-vehicles-item-list-k-o-c-13_193/macross-vf-4-valkyrie-resin-model-hobby-kit-p-134

A company that appears to have an up to date website advertising the 1/72 VF-4 Resin kit for only $54USD!

for $54 I'm skeptical on quality... then again for $54 might be worth a shot.

Be warned everyone!!

Some years ago I bought that vf-4 kit from monsters in motion website thinking that it was an excellent price, once I received my kit, I was very angry because the quality was horrible, very very old molds, lots of bubbles, bended/warped pieces, fuselaje parts would not fit without a miracle, I wrote to MIM and told them they should not be selling such a horrible kit, they should have more respect to their customers.

You should not buy it from them, but if You want to do it, please share your review here once You have it, Who knows? Maybe they have New fresh molds.

hmmm... found this today...

http://www.monstersinmotion.com/cart/spaceships-vehicles-item-list-k-o-c-13_193/macross-vf-4-valkyrie-resin-model-hobby-kit-p-134

A company that appears to have an up to date website advertising the 1/72 VF-4 Resin kit for only $54USD!