Wave 1/72 VF-4 lightning

seti88

Hrm, I got that image from a retweet on the Macross World Twitter stream. I don't read Japanese and given the timing, I assumed it was about the Wave version. I'll be happy if the price on the actual Wave comes in lower. Apologies for any confusion.

hmmm... I seem to have run my mouth based on hubris, and Unconfirmed intelligence [i can't read Japanese either lol]... maybe I SHOULD run for politics :p

Make it wave... I'll buy as many as still making my mortgage payment allows :D

I'm confused, are we getting a 1/72 wave vf-4 kit or not?

Yes, we are getting a new VF-4 kit from Wave.

No, it is not the one featured in that ad.

Edited by Jefuemon

So that price maybe...LOWER! *jumps for joy?*

We're all hoping as hard as we can.

Hmm, at first I was estatic - 1/72 scale too, I love that scale (although I'm getting a bit old for it now). Then the 6,800Y price hit... and now I'm cautious. If its a great sculpt then I might bite, otherwise I'll have to wait for Hasegawa (would have been my first choice if I had my wish).

now we just need the VF-17/171 series to complete things

yes, yes we do... HINT HINT HASEGAWA!

I'm real excited to see this model finally coming in plastic kit form. The price is pretty high, which means I'll probably buy only one or two, rather than four or five if they were at Hasegawa prices. I'm almost more excited to see the Master File book though, because I feel like this VF hasn't gotten a lot of attention, so I'm really curious to see what they come up with in terms of squadron schemes and variants.

Do we think this will include a pilot?

Do we think this will include a pilot?

Wave included pilot figures with all the Destroid kits, and all the 1/100 VF-1's. I don't see why they wouldn't include one with the VF-4.

Wave should include a pilot, but then again they didn't with the first releases of their new votoms kits. They released the rabidly dog with an opening cockpit, but with no seat or pilot. Then six months later they released the same kit with parts for down form a seat and a pilot. They did the same with the scopedog turbo custom and now there is a preorder for the kit with the extra parts.

Edited by Big s

Wave should include a pilot, but then again they didn't with the first releases of their new votoms kits. They released the rabidly dog with an opening cockpit, but with no seat or pilot. Then six months later they released the same kit with parts for down form a seat and a pilot. They did the same with the scopedog turbo custom and now there is a preorder for the kit with the extra parts.

Good to know, I'll have to make sure to look for that info when they release more details

ETA?

Nothing official yet that I'm aware of...

I would expect this calendar year or the 1st q of next... I would assume Macross related kits sell beter if they release while there's a series/movies/etc going on

Edited by slide

Very cool!! I would have liked to see Hasegawa make it instead, but seeing a 1/72 VF-4 injection kit finally being made is incredible. I'll be in for at least two of them.

As for the article with the Y6800 price, it looks to me like it's for the the old Musasiya resin kit. Its original price was also 6800

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/models/musasiya/musasiya_main.htm

I'm curious on the 1/8 Minmay figure on the bottom. Looks like Mikimoto will be the artist for its package illustration for that Minmay figure. Looking forward to it. ;)

That's an ancient ad, and the Minmei kit has already been released.

new pic?

http://www.taghobby.com/1-0/1-2/wave-%E6%8E%A8%E5%87%BA-%E6%A8%A1%E5%9E%8B-172%E3%80%8Amacross-flash-back-2012%E3%80%8Bvf-4-lightning-iii-fighter-mode/

looks like Pilot with proper FB2012 helmet...

RELEASE IT AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!

Edited by slide

I feel that either of these would do:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Edited by slide

Oh. I didn't know. My bad. :rolleyes:

Lol you need the baby throwing money gif..the render looks ooishii tho...

Or maybe this... by its own famous VF-4 pilot in his old Valk. ^_^

Hikaru-Shooting-Wallet-by-NO3LJM-500px_z

• 4 weeks later...

I'm definitely getting antsy about this announcement - partly because I've always wanted an affordable, plastic model of the VF-4, but also because I'm excited to see Wave's first 1/72 Valkyrie after the nice job they did on the 1/100 scale models, not to mention their Destroids (where is that Spartan, anyway?). Hopefully they'll have an update soon.