Wave 1/72 VF-4 lightning

seti88

Hmm, this might be my first kit then.

With all the HMR releases this year and eventual Delta DX's, the Yamato VF-4 just isn't in the budget, but really it's the fighter mode that I love the most about this.

Edited by Mazinger

Wow that's a surprise. Considering the price on the 1/100 VF-1's and the destroids from Wave I'm assuming this one will be pretty pricey too.

Buuut.. first ever injection molded VF-4 model... sign me up

Edited by Duymon

any ideas on what the price range will be?

$US I assume?

well it could be worse...

...could have nothing... ;)

This is great news, I use to have two of these in resin, unbuilt, that I then had to sell during a period of enforced 'vacation.'

Now I'll have them back again in plastic! Thank you WAVE, you're awesome!!

Any idea on a release date?

After going over all the paint schemes I wish to do this in... I may need more than 10... eventually. I hope this isn't a limited run thing.

Great news! I have a resin model of it, it requires a lot of work, I need to replace the thrusters for option plastic ones, resculpt some parts from scratch, custom decals, custom canopy, and even with that, a plastic model kit will be far superior to the resin kits, thank you wave for taing the lead on this valkyrie.

I just hope hasegawa comes with this model in 1/72 or 1/48, I didn´t bought the arcadia, as it is an expensive toy, and I just want the fighter mode.

:blink: ... at that price my ambitions need to be reigned in significantly...

Jesus, that's $80 Canadian... for a plastic 1/72 fighter...

Edited by slide

Approx 2600yen more than the 1/100 wave vf-1 strike fighters issued in 2014 and within the price bracket of wave destroid kits...

Bit pricey for a fighter but then again there arent any vf-4 plastic model kits...

Probably have to compare how much discount is available thru the retailers....

That aside, glad to see the FB version in the pic!! The overall fighter looks quite sleek with nice angles for the forward fuselage...

Edited by seti88

I wonder if they're going to justify that price-point with Gimmicks... If so leave 'em out and make it cheaper, we'll buy more of them!

That price for a wave kit is not surprising at all. They don't pick items other companies do and they don't have the high production of a company like Bandai. Since there are no moving parts I would expect the detail to be high if not spot on.

Hopefully a sculpting genius comes up with an optional front end to make a 2 seater trainer and also some FAST packs. Then I'd buy a couple.

With luck the Master File will have some good variations in it.

Edited by NZEOD

Not unexpected. Wave macross kits have pretty crazy prices, prolly cuz they arent selling as much volume a, say, their Ma.k line

Perhaps the fact the prices are noticeably higher than other kits of the same size/detail is contributing to that...

Even if it came with some stores and pylons, or a fret of photo-etch it'd be an easier price-point to swallow.

for those complaining about the price, even the recast of the recast of Resin model cause more.

A certain online retailer sells VF-4 recasts of recasts for $55US... I would venture the quality is abysmal, but it's still cheaper lol

It's wave so I doubt extras will be included.

no no, I mean a garage sculpter making extras for it

Hrm, I got that image from a retweet on the Macross World Twitter stream. I don't read Japanese and given the timing, I assumed it was about the Wave version. I'll be happy if the price on the actual Wave comes in lower. Apologies for any confusion.

Edited by Mazinger

FINALLY! I don't care that's it's a little pricey I'm glad we FINALLY have a kit for this! Now I'll never need to buy the Arcadia. I've built Waves Battroid and fighter mode VF-1 kit that they have really nice quality!

Isn't that the old Club-M kit in the ad?

Yeah, I think that picture is ancient news. No where on there does it say "Wave", and it's also advertising a new 1/8 scale Minmei figure that no one has reported anything about; maybe this one from Flashback 2012:

post-12411-0-54234400-1465434539_thumb.jpg

Damn good price for an original garage kit, though.