Mission 10: AXIA's Flash  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Rating

• Positive (Everybody Loves Kaname)
    • Neutral
    • Negative (Just what we need, more bad music.)

While waiting for subs for Episode 11, just wanted to drop a note that I actually like Axia, the song. I think it has a nice "throwback to early Macross" vibe to it. It is not a Minmay song, but Minmay could have sung it. (And yes, I'd like to hear Mari Iijima actually sing it - while she would sound out of place with most modern Macross music, her distinctive soft style would, I think, work nicely with Axia).

I'm not alone in liking it - youtube already has a full cover by a Japanese woman, HINA, who probably had to play the music for it (or have someone play it), because not only is the off vocal not released, but a clear version apparently has not been released.

I'm not alone in liking it - youtube already has a full cover by a Japanese woman, HINA, who probably had to play the music for it (or have someone play it), because not only is the off vocal not released, but a clear version apparently has not been released.

As it has been mentioned, individual songs are good. Ensemble songs? It's getting there.

As it has been mentioned, individual songs are good. Ensemble songs? It's getting there.

With that song at the end of ep11, definitely getting there. (Was this song glimpsed before? Or is it a completely new one?)

Yes, it's not up to Kalafina standard (in Kalafina, three voices sound VERY close together), but Walkure is not Kalafina. They did not have years to train together under a dedicated eye, either in the real world or in the Macross world. They also have additional responsibilities that Kalafina don't have, whichever world you look at. In the real world Walkure also have to voice dialogue (except JUNNA but she's in high school). In the Macross world, endurance training and all that battlefield stuff (and the occasional foray into spying behind enemy lines, I guess).

• 4 weeks later...