Mission 10: AXIA's Flash  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Rating

• Positive (Everybody Loves Kaname)
    • Neutral
    • Negative (Just what we need, more bad music.)

I like the idea of Mylene joining Delta. A custom pink accented VF-31 would be great with a Gubaba marking on the back.haha.

Seriously though, I'm getting a bad feeling about the ruins on Ragna going down into the planet core. They may have to reactivate that Macross city ship soon for an evacuation. Massive planetary destruction hasn't happened yet. Too bad I really like Ragna.

It just occured to me, Acard launched and we have yet to see him really do much in the last dogfight... it was pretty much all Messer until now. I'm going to have to rewatch the episode but, I'm pretty sure everyone took a hit and Messer did all the fighting. Squad Leader should be better than Messer no?

I'm gonna call it. Lady M is Chuck's sister and she'll take over Delta 2 to get payback. Shoot, I don't even know her first name.

Edited by wmkjr

It just occured to me, Acard launched and we have yet to see him really do much in the last dogfight... it was pretty much all Messer until now. I'm going to have to rewatch the episode but, I'm pretty sure everyone took a hit and Messer did all the fighting. Squad Leader should be better than Messer no?

Nope all the time. Max was Hikaru's subordinate, but he was The Ace.

Her and Max both, but honestly, if you think about it, it even makes sense that she would send Messer out knowing his condition...

Johnson: "Lady M, are you sure, you want to assign Messer to Delta platoon? He'll be in high stress situation, and he is a known carrier of VAR."

M: "Of course I am, Mirage is in serious need of training, she has the basics of piloting down, but none of the instincts, Messer is ideal for training people."

Johnson: "How do we teach her instinct?'

M: "Simple, just tell Messer to be his cold hearted self, beat her up continuously on training mission, and keep criticizing her at every point."

Johnson: "but what if she doesn't improve, this isn't exactly the normal way, we might even break her."

M: "Ernie, you're a Zentradi, right? That method is the normal way for Zentradi, and we had it much tougher, we just got thrown out battle, and if we got killed, well, back then, the battle field is the only training ground we had. And a little constructive criticism better not break her, she has my genes, I damn well didn't break the first time Max shot me down, and he was using live ammo. With Messer, all she'll get is harsh language and a bunch of paint pellets."

M: "As for Messer, just keep an eye on him, and send me the data on his condition as needed. We can always pull him if we have to, I can send one of my other son in laws out there to replace him.... hmmm, where is that Gamlin."

Sounds plausible actually.

On a separate note, it has been noted by many that there has been a lack of non-plane mode combat. Flying is Messer's and Aerial knights' (specifically Keith's) forte. This we know. But how would they perform in Battroid mode, even Keith? Til date, the only combat scenes we have seen in battroid mode come from Hayate and Arad (as far as key characters are concerned of course).

Trying to fight the Aerial Knights in the air(especially without Messer) gives Delta / Chaos/ NUNS a distinct disadvantage, they've got to take away that advantage either by, as many have said, the remainder of Delta Squadron better step up their game, or try to force the Knights to fight on the ground or at least out of their preferred mode. Maybe the 2nd tranche of episodes will see CHAOs trying to shift their strategy somewhat

Edited by BlueMax

Just imagine, Milia showing up to train Mirage.

Milia: "So, Mirage, are we having trouble?"

Mirage: "Yes, Grandma."

Milia: "Well, you get in your shiny VF-31, I'll get into my old trusty VF-1, and we'll have a go, and see how you do."

Mirage: "Ok, Grandma."

5 seconds later, Mirage's fighter is covered in paint.

Milia:"Ok, let's do it again."

Mirage: "But Grandma, I'm just not as good as you are."

Milia: "What's your full name again?"

Mirage: "Mirage Fallyna Jenius."

Milia: "Ok, Mirage Fallyna Jenius, we'll keep trying this until you an land a hit on me, come on, I'm 70 plus years old, and I'm flying this old old VF-1, and I'm not letting you just give up."

5 hours later, and a few hundred additional encounters later.

Makina: "Lady M, please, Mira Mira can't fly this plane any more, you've covered it in so much paint that it can't even get enough thrust to get off the the ground, the wings are literally blobs of paint right now."

Milia: "that's ok, let's borrow that one." Points to Hayate's plane.

Mirage: "No, please grandma, I just can't take it any more."

Milia: "What's your name again?"

Mirage starts to speak, but Milia cuts her off: "That's right, it's Mirage Fallyna Jenius. Like it or not, that's your given name, no changing it, that's not acceptable, we'll keep going until you land a hit on my old outdated plane. Just be happy your grandpa Max isn't here. You are NOT EVER ALLOWED TO GIVE UP."

This is the same Milia that tossed her first borne at Misa after all, so I think this characterization would be just perfect.

Edited by kalvasflam

And I don't feel sad for Kaname either, Makina clearly said that the loved one for Kaname is Arad, not Messer. The funny thing is that now with the dead of Messer she is surely going to be depressed and not going to be after Arad at least for a while, also Arad is now the #1 pilot in the Delta squad to be the next to kick the bucket.

You don't have to be in love with someone to care deeply for them. Kaname clearly felt some deep attachment to Messer and vice versa, be it romantic or not. It was rather nice, too, to have them and Arad be equally at ease with each other, romantic interests be damned. That's partly what makes/made them a much more interesting "triangle" than the main one. You don't get the feeling that they would easily let jealousy get in the way of their relationships; in the same manner, they're free to feel sorrow for and about each other without it being tied to romantic developments.

That being said, this does feel like exactly the kind of disruption of the status quo that would push Kaname and Arad into, well, disrupting their status quo. Messer played a seemingly major role in both of their lives, and so their response to his sudden permanent absence can play out any number of ways, but almost certainly their relationship with each other will be affected. The romantic in me wants it to bring them closer together, and the cynic in me wants it to pull them apart, but what would be most interesting is of course a mix of the two: they come together and/or drift apart in spite of and/or because of lingering reactions to this momentous event.

As for Arad specifically, I'm definitely interested in seeing how he reacts to this. Does he release the limiters on his true ace abilities in order to trounce Keith in the next clash? Will he overdose on revenge therapy? Perhaps he captures an Aerial Knight and takes part in torturing him for the sake of finding/killing Keith. Will he become a reckless and ineffective leader? He's ripe with possibilities.

Edited by kajnrig

Still wondering if Messer might possibly be alive, but thinking probably not.

Keith used the head/nose lasers, which are arguably the weakest weapon on the Sv262. We know that head lasers on a VF are at least powerful enough to shoot down micro-missiles (but not usually powerful enough for a clean kill of a VF, unless in a weak spot like in this instance).

Anyway, the energy from the head laser would easily be enough to vaporize a human body. However, at least some of the energy from the head laser may have been dissipated punching through the canopy, so perhaps Messer just received a messy and disabling, but non-fatal wound.

Still wondering if Messer might possibly be alive, but thinking probably not.

Keith used the head/nose lasers, which are arguably the weakest weapon on the Sv262. We know that head lasers on a VF are at least powerful enough to shoot down micro-missiles (but not usually powerful enough for a clean kill of a VF, unless in a weak spot like in this instance).

Anyway, the energy from the head laser would easily be enough to vaporize a human body. However, at least some of the energy from the head laser may have been dissipated punching through the canopy, so perhaps Messer just received a messy and disabling[/size], but non-fatal wound.

Going by SDF Macross episode 27 and Macross Frontier final episode they cut through bulkheads like butter.

After fighting it, I finally post here about Delta after years of PFTSSD - Posting about Frontier Shipping Stress Disorder! Mercurial is back and likely not missed. XD

I enjoyed this one a lot. I liked the bit of world building with the festival and the infighting on Windamere.

Even though there were death flags UP THE YING YANG, manly tears were still shed,

Mikumo continues to be an enigma, wrapped in a puzzle, wrapped in a hair bun. Hopefully it pays off,

Really like the Protoculture angle. Once again we are teased with the promise of long standing answers we all know will be flat out ignored or merely built on for years to come.

And yes, everyone loves Kaname,

The show's starting to take itself more seriously, which could be good or bad, as I actually liked how it kind of embraced it's own silliness a bit, Still, at least it's not forcing a triangle much yet.

I'm betting on Mikumo being half Protodeviln, the love child of Sivil and Basara. The timing would be about right.

That would imply that Basara is actualy interested in anything other than singing. It's more likely that he just sang so hard one day that Sivil got pregnant from across the galaxy.

It's more likely that he just sang so hard one day that Sivil got pregnant from across the galaxy.

That's the most Bomber thing ever, and I fully support this!

Or else, it was when she drained Basara's "essence" & accidentally killed him.

I don't know that it's relevant to the series at this point (or at all), but I've noticed a lack of prominent Windermerian women...other than Freyja of course.

Does the Windermerian King have a wife? Did he have a wife? Who was she? What happened to her?

Apparently Keith is a bastard (not just because he killed Messer), but who was his mother? Where is she?

There are just no other Windermerian women other than Freyja at this point.

I don't know if it's simply oversight, a purposeful omission (due to story/time constraints), but I've also been wondering if it has anything to do with the "scar" of Windermere.

Both Macross 7 and Frontier had ONE hardcore Minmay fanboy orchestrating a lot of the technology and backstory of our team of heroes. I'm betting that Lady M is of this ilk - so if not someone we already know, then someone new using the omnipresent Minmay legacy to power Chaos in their fight.

(Still want it to be a super-hot, thirty-something Mylene, though)

Mark

Does the Windermerian King have a wife? Did he have a wife? Who was she? What happened to her?

Probably. Technically, he's had a few, considering Heinz and Keith are half-brothers. We don't know who she was. She's probably dead.

Apparently Keith is a bastard (not just because he killed Messer), but who was his mother? Where is she?

Don't know. Probably dead.

There are just no other Windermerian women other than Freyja at this point.

They're are plenty of Windermere women. They just haven't been the focus of the story. Except Freyja.

I don't know if it's simply oversight, a purposeful omission (due to story/time constraints), but I've also been wondering if it has anything to do with the "scar" of Windermere.

Windermere women haven't been the focus of the story. Unless they bring in a female character to the story.

Windermere women haven't been the focus of the story. Unless they bring in a female character to the story.

Right...we still don't have many details on the Windermerians backstory at this point. Maybe that will eventually flesh some things out, and possibly introduce some other characters.

We know there was a war with the New United Government 7 years prior, a dimensional weapon caused mass destruction on the Windermerian home world, and they're now fighting to free/control the Brisingr Globular Cluster (so they say).

And, unless their interest in the Protocultre Ruins is strictly based on controlling other worlds, I think something else might be going on there.

Edited by RDX17

Yep, this is all silly, non-serious stuff.

I was thinking how nice the forum was without the snide and sarcastic comments directed at the fans from self believing elitist fans. Then I saw this. Please return to whatever rock you've been hiding under. This place is much better without you.