Clear coloured VF-1s

NZEOD

Have a question before I commit to buy a few of these.

Did ALL the clear version VF-1 kits come with the optional magazine decals or only a selection and if so, how do you tell from the box labeling?

81BeNYzzeEL._SL1500__zps4knqfzoi.jpg41LYuSdLr7L_zpsjhuqum26.jpg41hgukpQMGL_zpstc9rk0ne.jpg

Edited by NZEOD

There are 2 boxings of the clear kits. One boxing has the same box art as the standard kit with the addition of a gold foil sticker on the box top - these ALL include the bonus Model Graphix decals. The second boxing is in a plain white box with a colored sticker (matching the kit color) that does not include the bonus decals. Info is per this thread

fullsi10.jpg

That other thread refers to the special edition decals as "rub on," which I assume refers to dry transfers. I'll have to look at my kit again, but I didn't think they looked any different from the regular decals. Dry transfers usually come on a translucent sheet to help with placement, and they don't usually work well with irregular surfaces like an aircraft model. I hope that's not what they are, or I would want to transfer them to decal film before using.

Do you just want the decals? Or do you need the kit and decals?

just the decals, I have a TON of VF-1s now

Was going to buy them for the decals and toss the kits into the scrap box

Thanks, M-J!

Thank you both, never thought of placing rub on decals onto wet transfer film first... brilliant idea!

Edited by NZEOD

Thank you both, never thought of placing rub on decals onto wet transfer film first... brilliant idea!

Just make sure you seal them with something like Microscale liquid decal film after applying them to the decal seat. I confess I haven't had the need to try it myself yet but know a number of modelers whose have done it.

The decals are BOSS. I bought like 5 kits for the decals, then gave away the clear kits to my nephews cuz hell if I'll build clear crap since it breaks so easily lol.

Best part is they come with the stock decals as well :D

I got only 1J's so that's why I have 1J decals on mine. Would prefer the 1A's though since the 1A's have low vis UN kites on their sheet.

post-25-0-34538700-1464750580_thumb.jpg

Edited by Duymon

The decals are BOSS. I bought like 5 kits for the decals, then gave away the clear kits to my nephews cuz hell if I'll build clear crap since it breaks so easily lol.

Best part is they come with the stock decals as well :D

I got only 1J's so that's why I have 1J decals on mine. Would prefer the 1A's though since the 1A's have low vis UN kites on their sheet.

attachicon.gifWP_20160531_22_47_23_Rich.jpg

When you bought yours, were they in the coloured boxes or the plain packaging?

There are 2 boxings of the clear kits. One boxing has the same box art as the standard kit with the addition of a gold foil sticker on the box top - these ALL include the bonus Model Graphix decals. The second boxing is in a plain white box with a colored sticker (matching the kit color) that does not include the bonus decals. Info is per this thread

fullsi10.jpg

Those pics in my first post are the actual boxes of the kits I'm wanting to buy for the decals. They appear to have the gold foil label on the right side middle of the box top so I would be correct to assume they MAY have the decals I'm after?

When you bought yours, were they in the coloured boxes or the plain packaging?

Standard Packaging with sticker. Look for the gold stickers on the right side. These clear ver are all what i bought.

post-25-0-12486300-1464752814_thumb.jpg

Edited by Duymon

From what I can tell, it looks like you should be fine with those standard production artwork boxes as long as they have the gold sticker (which I can see on all three of those kits).

I still wish I could get a copy of that Model Graphix issue!

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=43652

Edited by VF-1A Grunt

all brand new. Next question... do they all have the same decals or is there a different sheet for each box? I can only find images of the 1J decals with the SJ decals and Blue Roses Decals