What is your collection missing?

auberondreaming

So many items missing.

From those that I had to sell off over the years, to those that I never had to begin with, but here are the ones that I really which I had (or had back).

Yamato v2 1/60 VF-1J Max

Yamato v2 1/60 VF-1J Miria

Yamato v2 1/60 Elint

Yamato v2 1/60 Ostrich

Yamato v2 1/60 VF-1D Trainer

Yamato v2 1/60 VF-1D Wedding

Yamato v2 1/60 VF-X

Yamato v2 1/60 Low Vis VF-1S

Yamato v2 1/60 Angel Birds

Yamato v2 1/60 Cavaliers

There are more, but the more I type the more depressed I get.

-b.

Hang them on the ceiling bro!

But.. but.. I don't want to punch holes in the boxes! :p

Seriously though, space is my biggest current issue. Except for the few I keep out on display, I keep my valks boxed up in a closet for storage. Pretty soon, I'm going to have to consolidate boxes, and pack the valks in something a little better optimized for space, because I keep wanting to buy more of them.

The first step is going to be seeing how many VF-25 kits I can fit into a single box, if I cut the parts off the sprues. I already packed five or six of the 1/100 VF-25 and YF-29 kits in a single one of their boxes that way, so I imagine I can probably fit the entire SMS squadron into the box for an armored VF-25.

Edited by Chronocidal

Would definitely buy a GBP Armor and/or Super parts set for either my 1/48 or 1/60 TV VF-1J Hikaru if it gets re-issued or someone has it for sale for a non-astronomical price. My biggest problem is the thought of spending as much or more for the armor as what I paid for the original valk. Also wished I'd gotten some of those option parts for the 1/60s.

Next would be a TV Roy with or without super parts in 1/60, followed with a VF-1D in 1/60. I think that covers stuff I missed in the past and never got. Back when all those things were first coming out I didn't have the disposable income to throw at this stuff so I had to be a lot pickier.

It's surprising to see how many people are missing M&M given their popularity.

It's surprising to see how many people are missing M&M given their popularity.

I've had the impression for a while that the "popularity" of the M&M valks is a myth. I don't think Max and Millia are anywhere near as popular in Japan as they are with western audiences, for whatever reason, and the Yamato 1/48ths were always hanging around unsold in webshops and on Ebay, which makes me think Yamato might not have produced nearly as many of the 1/60ths.

Looking back at my order history from HLJ though, they were also released during a veritable Itano Circus of sales, which is when I started my own collection. Between August of 2009 and January of 2010 (the M&Ms came out in October 2009), I picked up an Sv-51CF, YF-21, VF-11, VT-1, Roy 1S, Max TV 1A, and Super Hikaru 1A, all heavily discounted. And that's just from HLJ. This is back when Overdrive was still going, and I grabbed the M&Ms from them, along with a Hikaru 1J, and an Sv-51 Nora.

Honestly, I am pretty sure the M&M valks were the only Yamato VF-1s I actually pre-ordered. The rest seemed to get constant re-releases, and drop into the bargain bin, but I wanted to make absolutely sure I got a pair of those, because a Millia 1J Matchbox Joke Machine was my single Macross toy growing up, and I wasn't going to let that nostalgia slip. :p

Edited by Chronocidal

Guest davidwhangchoi

You have expensive tastes in valkyries....

That one is easily $400+...I

that's the last weathering version i don't own. of the 1/60's

What do you mean bu "missing?" Like what I still want but don't have or just everything that's ever been released that I never bought?

If it's what I still want it's a very short list:

VT-1

VF-1D Virgin Road

VF-11B (No idea why I skipped that one)

Blue version of the Ghost (I don't remember what it's called right now)

Edited by Mommar

Since I finally got my hands of the VF-4 reissue the only Valk I'm still itching for is the YF-30, I just haven't got around to finding one. If we want to talk about wishlist valks that never got made I was in for a Pink Peckers VF-11 but Yamato never stepped up :lol: .

What do you mean bu "missing?" Like what I still want but don't have or just everything that's ever been released that I never bought?

also, is this list limited to things you actually might get at some point or can it include pipe dream stuff because I'd also like a Yamato Credit Card VF-1J. :p

also, is this list limited to things you actually might get at some point or can it include pipe dream stuff because I'd also like a Yamato Credit Card VF-1J. :p

I guess, it's clear from OP that it's something that's already been released. I mean, if it's just for wishing, we already have enough threads for it. Here's the one for Bandai. Here's the first one from Arcadia. And another one here. ;)

Thought it would be fun to see what people are really wishing they had in their collection. This is about toys that have already been released.

The answer to this question really depends. I started with the Yamato valks. When Yamato and Arcadia started doing reissues I passed on a few unless I had a broken shoulders Yamato valk. I had no need to collect doubles as these are not cheap. So the ones I wish I had regardless of Yamato or Arcadia to complete my collection are:

VF-11C, VF-22 M&M, and VF-1 M&M. I somehow passed on all the Macross 7 valks even though they were always available and at a discount. Now I wish I picked up the VF-11C; passed up so many of those. Also wish I had the YF-19 Macross Winterfest super parts that were made in limited quantities. Would take either color.

yeah, just collecting doubles now.

I think Dave is working on becoming a US distributor for Macross merchandise, he is just waiting for Harmony Gold to get their act together before he can open his business. ^_^

Edited by Plasticgoose

Guest davidwhangchoi

I think Dave is working on becoming a US distributor for Macross merchandise, he is just waiting for Harmony Gold to get their act together before he can open his business. ^_^

i still owe you one for the roy you helped me get :)

• 1 month later...

Just started the journey of the empty wallet...

Wish list

V2 1/60's:

VF-1A/J canon fodder

VF-1J hikaru TV with super parts

VF-1A max tv

VF-1A kakizaki TV

VE-1

VF-1 super parts

Queadluun-rau 1/60

1/60 VF-11c

1/72 VE-11 thunderseeker

1/60 Renewal RVF-25 + super parts package