The Third Party Gundam Thread

4 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

After Sazabi, JiangGao is doing Ex-S. I have a feeling @Graham will like this. ;) 

https://showzstore.com/jianggao-model-1-100-msa-0011-ex-s-gundam-metal-build_p2080.html

jianggao_Ex-S_ee45f0c36f.jpg.488677676e56415865764123f1b4923e.jpg

Ohhhh, but will it be transformable? Their quality is decent, but I think they need to work on their metal placement, joint tightness and some parts fitment a bit more to knock it out of the park. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2020 at 10:52 PM, SuperHobo said:

Ohhhh, but will it be transformable? Their quality is decent, but I think they need to work on their metal placement, joint tightness and some parts fitment a bit more to knock it out of the park. 

Oh Wow! yeah, definitely getting that.

Before I pay in full with Show Z is their any Site that’s cheaper? For the Gerbera. On ohmyprimus it’s listed at $140 but their charging $53 for shipping. And showz is $200 shipped but thats a $60 markup for shipping and that’s snail mail. Any thoughts guys?

I'm looking to get the general opinions on the various 3rd party manufacturers before I pick up some of these.

I think I've seen some posts that Metal Club is on par or slightly better quality than the official Metal Builds; are there any others that are comparable quality? Any manufacturers to stay away from?

I think the 3 that make the most KOs I'm interested in are Metal Club, Metal Kingdom, and Muscle Bear; if anyone can give me a general assessment of their quality compared to Bandai's I'd appreciate it.

On 3/31/2020 at 11:06 AM, Jaustin89 said:

I'm looking to get the general opinions on the various 3rd party manufacturers before I pick up some of these.

I think I've seen some posts that Metal Club is on par or slightly better quality than the official Metal Builds; are there any others that are comparable quality? Any manufacturers to stay away from?

I think the 3 that make the most KOs I'm interested in are Metal Club, Metal Kingdom, and Muscle Bear; if anyone can give me a general assessment of their quality compared to Bandai's I'd appreciate it.

I highly recommend you look into Mo Show Gundam. Third party, little spendy, but the build quality is in my opinion much better then officiall releases.

I have the metal kingdom Strike that dropped a month or so ago. Pretty solid toy for sure.

I recommend 

https://kumastyledesigns.com

Kumastyles is a.member here and does extremely well put together reviews. 

Edited by Alphahorizon

On 3/16/2020 at 10:52 AM, SuperHobo said:

I dont want it transformable. 

58 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

I ordered one as well. I have no idea at this point and who knows when and if they can ship at all. I ordered a Kamper that's been sitting in 'Waiting to ship' for over a week now. 

image.png.48f27f80b566e24e1a6f19ed79604c17.png

Oh wow. Well fingers crossed it's sooner than later.

And sadly, I decided to cancel the 2nd release of the Metal Club Sazabi. Looks cool but with whats shaking in the world I am going to dial back some of my purchases. And checking out others reviews, not that it is bad, just not a top notch candidate for the display.

2 hours ago, Alphahorizon said:

And sadly, I decided to cancel the 2nd release of the Metal Club Sazabi. Looks cool but with whats shaking in the world I am going to dial back some of my purchases. And checking out others reviews, not that it is bad, just not a top notch candidate for the display.

There's nothing wrong with that and you're absolutely right in terms of looking at the lay of the land. A lot is going to change for a long time.

On 4/6/2020 at 11:04 PM, Alphahorizon said:

Took forever and a day to get these. But considering where we are now as a world versus where we were when I ordered the, I am surprised I got them at all.

MoShow_Gundam_Strike_parts.thumb.jpg.8de496161bccb18bfdad2f6c23fd1892.jpg

I still don't get it how they create perfect strike :(

16 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Paid ShowZ for the Sazabi last week, and just got a shipment notification.

Who knows how long it'll take to show up though.

I had an order arrive yesterday from ShowZ. Left about 18 days ago. So not to bad.

On 4/7/2020 at 10:18 PM, Sanity is Optional said:

Paid ShowZ for the Sazabi last week, and just got a shipment notification.

Who knows how long it'll take to show up though.

Did you get a payment request? I have not seen one for my PO yet. I hope I don't miss the second batch.

Pondering if I should make a full payment proactively to get ahead on the queue.

2 hours ago, kkx said:

Did you get a payment request? I have not seen one for my PO yet. I hope I don't miss the second batch.

Pondering if I should make a full payment proactively to get ahead on the queue.

I just decided to pay for it, given the expected release date. No payment request.

On 4/4/2020 at 5:48 PM, Grey728 said:

I ordered one as well. I have no idea at this point and who knows when and if they can ship at all. I ordered a Kamper that's been sitting in 'Waiting to ship' for over a week now. 

image.png.48f27f80b566e24e1a6f19ed79604c17.png

My copy of Kampfer has been waiting in the Shanghai shipping exchange since the 18th of March. Today I finally saw some movement again, as it finally made it to the Shanghai airport. 

@Kanedas Bike, I to am looking for that. There was a seller on eBay that had a few for sale. I didn't jump on them over the months they sat at 2 left, and they both sold in a day. @SuperHobo, I have had many of my shipments from ShowZ end up like that where it would just stay in one location for weeks. All times, eventually, it would go to the next location.

4 hours ago, Alphahorizon said:

@Kanedas Bike, I to am looking for that. There was a seller on eBay that had a few for sale. I didn't jump on them over the months they sat at 2 left, and they both sold in a day. @SuperHobo, I have had many of my shipments from ShowZ end up like that where it would just stay in one location for weeks. All times, eventually, it would go to the next location.

Hey, yeah I saw those too. Funny story about that, another member bought one of them and I bout the other a day or so later, the other member's order shipped and my order was cancelled and refunded stating that they could not ship out of Italy because of Covid-19. So...yeah lol

-b.