The Third Party Gundam Thread

got this video from robot-japan forums member"zrli5027"

looks like they changed all the trademark stuff, and even selling it in 2 separate boxes with a different robot in each.   you can swap the parts to form Voltron?..   lol 

Video: www.bilibili.com/video/av7856706/

still looks good.

Edited by F360

8 hours ago, F360 said:

looks like they changed all the trademark stuff, and even selling it in 2 separate boxes with a different robot in each.   you can swap the parts to form Voltron?..   lol 

still looks good.

The 2 separate robots thing has be smh and lmao, probably only way to avoid bandai.

The other robot will be used for target practice lol.  

But Got Dem, why does the MoSho have to look so good.  Please let us know when and where you find this thing for sale.  This is a must buy.  

10 hours ago, F360 said:

still looks good.

Yes! There's still hope! Looking forward to this. ;) Now I have to order some Celestial Being waterslide decal to replace the on the figure. 

Screen Shot 2017-01-06 at 9.01.02 AM.png

1 hour ago, kajnrig said:

Can you guys clarify what you're talking about? Is this about the knockoff 7S/G a page back? There was also mention of a Buster Gundam? I didn't follow from a cursory glance.

It's the 00 Qant based on the video link posted above. ;)

...yeah, I suppose I should have checked out the video before posting, eh. :/ So it's a Chinese-made figure sort of in the DX Chogokin/Metal Build spirit of figures, made by MoSho?

It looks pretty good, honestly. It's a shame more of these Chinese companies have to go "under the radar," as it were. I'd think Bandai could stand to make a quick buck or two by issuing limited licenses to these companies for limited production runs of model kits/figures/etc. They do some pretty neat things.

I still prefer the regular Quanta over the Full Saber, but this thing looks good in that mode, too.

10 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

...yeah, I suppose I should have checked out the video before posting, eh. :/ So it's a Chinese-made figure sort of in the DX Chogokin/Metal Build spirit of figures, made by MoSho?

It looks pretty good, honestly. It's a shame more of these Chinese companies have to go "under the radar," as it were. I'd think Bandai could stand to make a quick buck or two by issuing limited licenses to these companies for limited production runs of model kits/figures/etc. They do some pretty neat things.

I still prefer the regular Quanta over the Full Saber, but this thing looks good in that mode, too.

It is, actually. Their Seven Sword figure looks great too. Though I only have minor gripe on it since the original 0 Raiser is not aligning properly on the 00 Gundam shoulder binders. And I don't want to force it since it might create some stress marks. But it's still looks good. And it's a lot tighter than the original Seven Sword figure.

In case you didn't know, Bandai is already announced they're going to produce an original 00 Qant. Minus the Saber Swords option. I'm already PO'ed this 3P 00 Qant but I'm still in for an original one. ;)

I'd like to get a 00 seven sword and not have to pay $400+ but all the places selling this KO look so shady. :(  

BTW, is it weird that I want the KO 00 Qan[T] just to have the little robot dude it comes with? he's so god damn cute.

1 hour ago, anime52k8 said:

I'd like to get a 00 seven sword and not have to pay $400+ but all the places selling this KO look so shady. :(  

BTW, is it weird that I want the KO 00 Qan[T] just to have the little robot dude it comes with? he's so god damn cute.

Here's one from Gundam Model Center. But I went with his eBay route so I can have a PayPal Purchase Protection and eBay Money Back Gurantee. Same seller. I forgot who's the other member who bought it from this site. 

Please raise your hand. ;) 

and another thing; could someone make a Nu Gundam ver. Ka toy? I'm sitting here dreading building this kit and I want something I can actually play with a little.

Ditto. And if ever they do it a MB Sazabi ver.Ka as well. Don't you agree? ;)

5 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

Are the model kits not particularly sturdy and playable?

Model kits is really not meant for playing. And most of them you need to add some putty or brass rods on areas to make it sturdy.

Edited by no3Ljm

I got it from http://www.gundammodelcenter.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=125

no issues , quick shipping

14 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

Are the model kits not particularly sturdy and playable?

compared to toys like these, no.

19 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Ditto. And if ever they do it a MB Sazabi ver.Ka as well. Don't you agree? ;)

Yes please. ^_^

36 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Here's one from Gundam Model Center. But I went with his eBay route so I can have a PayPal Purchase Protection and eBay Money Back Gurantee. Same seller. I forgot who's the other member who bought it from this site. 

Please raise your hand. ;) 

22 minutes ago, F360 said:

It was you! ^_^

Snapshots from the video and things worth noticing:

MG-MoSho-00Qant_01.jpg

^ Instead of 00Q markings, it's 0O0.

MG-MoSho-00Qant_02.jpg

MG-MoSho-00Qant_03.jpg

MG-MoSho-00Qant_04.jpg

MG-MoSho-00Qant_05.jpg

MG-MoSho-00Qant_07.jpg

MG-MoSho-00Qant_08.jpg

MG-MoSho-00Qant_09.jpg

MG-MoSho-00Qant_10.jpg

MG-MoSho-00Qant_11.jpg

MG-MoSho-00Qant_12.jpg

MG-MoSho-00Qant_13.jpg

MG-MoSho-00Qant_14.jpg

MG-MoSho-00Qant_15.jpg

MG-MoSho-00Qant_17.jpg

MG-MoSho-00Qant_23.jpg

^ Comparisons between Master Grade and MoShow's.

MG-MoSho-00Qant_06.jpg

^ Different Celestial Being markings on MoShow's.

MG-MoSho-00Qant_18.jpg

^ Interesting FILTSAILEBING marking. 

MG-MoSho-00Qant_19.jpg

MG-MoSho-00Qant_20.jpg

MG-MoSho-00Qant_21.jpg

MG-MoSho-00Qant_22.jpg

^ Look Bandai! No need for clear support arm. 

MG-MoSho-00Qant_24.jpg

^ Nice details

MG-MoSho-00Qant_25.jpg

MG-MoSho-00Qant_26.jpg

MG-MoSho-00Qant_27.jpg

^ He tried to shake it and the top part fell off. Looks like the metal connector are kinda short and shallow. Have to be careful in this section.

MG-MoSho-00Qant_28.jpg

MG-MoSho-00Qant_29.jpg

^ Same thing with the Saber Sword backpack. For some reasons the connectors are kinda short. But it does look like it locks somehow.

MG-MoSho-00Qant_16.jpg

It is funny there will be 3 Metal Build Quanta Gundams now.

MoShow, Fan-Made, and Bandai's official release.

I'm interested to get all 3 just to compare them against each other. :p

Here is the Fan Made release under their Metal Saga brand - named "Turris Babel"15726241_1838927443018264_16277802341605

3 hours ago, anime52k8 said:

The off brand markings just ruin it for me. really unfortunate too since it looks great otherwise (minus the whole ripping the toy in half thing which was kind of disconcerting). 

Yeah, I can definitely see that making the figure a no-buy for a lot of people (both the markings and the poor construction).

I like that Turris Babel quite a bit. The Full Saber looks to have been significantly reworked, and it actually looks really good now (at least in the above photo). I agree with chyll2's assessment; compared to the Fanmade, the MoSho looks just like a slightly pla-plated Master Grade. (Also that splayed hand looks funky.)

2 hours ago, eggy99 said:

It is funny there will be 3 Metal Build Quanta Gundams now.

MoShow, Fan-Made, and Bandai's official release.

I'm interested to get all 3 just to compare them against each other. :p

Here is the Fan Made release under their Metal Saga brand - named "Turris Babel"15726241_1838927443018264_16277802341605

Oooh. That is nice as well. :wub: Is this released or in still preorder?  

But... I rather have '0O0' on the green clear sensors rather than 'Turris Babel'. Hehehe. :lol:

IMG_6966.JPG

IMG_6967.JPG

I've only seen a Singapore store, DewToyStore

http://dewtoystore.com/index.php/fanmade-fan-made-1-100-turris-babel.html

Can't confirm if they are trustworthy or not. I might give them a try if my local supplier can't secure it. Either way they accept Paypal so you should be covered if there are any problems.

Edited by eggy99

15 hours ago, eggy99 said:

I've only seen a Singapore store, DewToyStore

http://dewtoystore.com/index.php/fanmade-fan-made-1-100-turris-babel.html

Can't confirm if they are trustworthy or not. I might give them a try if my local supplier can't secure it. Either way they accept Paypal so you should be covered if there are any problems.

Thanks for the link, eggy99. ;)

And that's a good price too. 

4 minutes ago, eggy99 said:

Anyone know if the 00Raiser KO has the Seven Swords markings or 00Raiser markings?

I only have 2x of Seven Swords (1 with 0 Raiser attached and the other displayed as vanilla 00).

base on their pics the OORaiser KO will have the OORaiser markings. 

left is the Seven sword and right is the OO Raiser

nH5ilYI8nZim3JU9oOJA3g.jpg

10 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

It's bundle? I thought it's going to be a single release for the Raiser?

I thought so too, they even mention a red version.  I saw some pics that they are even testing out the trans-am coloring too.

006qKtUHgw1fb0k3fs99aj30qo0zk433.jpg

006qKtUHgw1fb0k3fd7uaj30qo0zktdk.jpg

Edited by F360

13 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Ouch! Does that mean I have to buy the bundle then to get the Raiser? Oh boy. :unsure:

sigh, looks like they are not just copying bandai's figures but also some of their business practices too. :ph34r:    coming soon KO preorder madness ??:D

Thanks for comparison pics F360. Much appreciated. I always regretted a little not picking up the new marking 00 Raiser release, and then offloading my Seven Swords to cover the cost of the 00 Raiser.

OH YES! I will be up for a Trans Am 00 Raiser. :wub:

That will match up nicely with my set of Exia's (vanilla Exia, Repair 1, and Trans Am).

Only issue is that 00 Gundam is it's so massive with the 0 Raiser attached that 3 00 Gundams wouldn't fit in my Detolf - It barely fits the vanilla 00 and 00 Raiser. :lol:

Maybe need to do that side by side Detolf hack one day to get double width detolf.

5 minutes ago, eggy99 said:

*snip*

Only issue is that 00 Gundam is it's so massive with the 0 Raiser attached that 3 00 Gundams wouldn't fit in my Detolf - It barely fits the vanilla 00 and 00 Raiser. :lol:

Maybe need to do that side by side Detolf hack one day to get double width detolf.

You can probably pose everything in a detolf shelf without using their individual stands. But if the stands are the problem then I guess all we have to do is use YetiStand to mount multiple Gundams in one stand. ;)