The Third Party Gundam Thread

3 minutes ago, sqidd said:

What could go wrong?:bigshok:

Well, and here I just put in 15k for someoutdoor upgrades (Driveway /patio) Now I am looking at the housing market take a little dip and a few businesses have decided to leave. This will get even worse i know. I hate good idea fairies, they are never well thought out.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmmm......

Do I buy Metal Kingdom Strike or the Bandai one?

I kinda want to go Bandai but I really want to know if the other packs are compatible with MK Strike before I make my decision. The bandai version stands for the Sword and Launcher pack look great.

Also hoping for MK to release a Perfect Strike version. 

Well just got notified my MC Destiny and MC Freedom will be coming in a few days.

Actually decided to compare WuMing and MC Freedom. I find that MC generally looked better for me but I really prefer WuMing’s take on the extending Balaena cannons. It doesn’t actually extend but more like open up while MC still retains the original bandai extension instead of following the Infinite Dimension extension. Freedom Concept 2 basically does the same and I like both of them for not diverging too much from the source material.

As for the MC Destiny, the only thing that I’m worried about is the paint job. I’m looking at my Bandai Destiny Heine and its paint kinda sparkles a bit and I really like that. I’m hoping it would be the same for the MC version.

Anybody here built a Wuming or MC freedom? I can’t seem to find the port for the stand. Also I have troubles plugging in the MC back skirt its driving me nuts. 

edit: managed to plug in the back skirt. Only problem I have with it is the slot for the stand which I can’t find.

Had problems with the MC Destiny as well. Mostly the side skirt which was tight. I still can’t plug in the weapon rack though. Those things are tight and the wings are getting in the way.

edit2: well crap. I think I found out why I can’t find the slot for the stand. It seems they molded over the stand slot itself. That blue square part that juts out below the backpack should be where the peg hole for the stand is supposed to be. I’m so disappointed over this. B273A0AA-B0F9-4A68-A425-87E698A64DB2.jpeg.b960db2498afb52e69da0afc9978cfd3.jpeg

Edited by killatopak

12 minutes ago, Valkyrie Hunter D said:

I placed an order for the Sinanju last year was led to think that ShowZ dropped the ball.  Just when I was thinking of claiming a Paypal loss, the blingy bastard actually made it to my porch.20200701_181827_copy_1748x1330_copy_874x665.jpg.3a5f015b13c58680b005e484ebbcd974.jpg

:good:

That's a pretty one!

22 hours ago, killatopak said:

Anybody here built a Wuming or MC freedom? I can’t seem to find the port for the stand. Also I have troubles plugging in the MC back skirt its driving me nuts. 

edit: managed to plug in the back skirt. Only problem I have with it is the slot for the stand which I can’t find.

Had problems with the MC Destiny as well. Mostly the side skirt which was tight. I still can’t plug in the weapon rack though. Those things are tight and the wings are getting in the way.

edit2: well crap. I think I found out why I can’t find the slot for the stand. It seems they molded over the stand slot itself. That blue square part that juts out below the backpack should be where the peg hole for the stand is supposed to be. I’m so disappointed over this. B273A0AA-B0F9-4A68-A425-87E698A64DB2.jpeg.b960db2498afb52e69da0afc9978cfd3.jpeg

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1bJ41177tF

21:18 min of the video shows that yes it does plug into there, I think that cover may be removable from what I recall a friend saying but that it is difficult to do. Good luck!

Edited by bleecher

22 minutes ago, bleecher said:

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1bJ41177tF

21:18 min of the video shows that yes it does plug into their, I think that cover may be removable from what I recall a friend saying but that it is difficult to do. Good luck!

Thanks for letting me know it’s removable. Gives me hope I can put that thing on a stand and pose him well. :yahoo:

Edited by killatopak

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/1/2020 at 12:28 AM, killatopak said:

for the life of my I could not find it 

Got a shipping notice from ShowZ for my fully paid VT Gerbera Tetra + options set.

No payment request on my second or the LED kit and everything on the site still shows as pre-order so I'm not entirely sure what's going on with it but I figured some people here might want to know there's some sign of life on these.

15 minutes ago, Jaustin89 said:

Got a shipping notice from ShowZ for my fully paid VT Gerbera Tetra + options set.

No payment request on my second or the LED kit and everything on the site still shows as pre-order so I'm not entirely sure what's going on with it but I figured some people here might want to know there's some sign of life on these.

WHAT? mine was fully paid since dec last year?? are you in Asia?

17 minutes ago, slaginpit said:

WHAT? mine was fully paid since dec last year?? are you in Asia?

Nope; I'm in the US.

The whole thing seems kind of strange with everything else indicating that they're not in stock yet. All I can say for certain is that they generated a tracking number associated with that order; it doesn't seem to have even gotten to the carrier yet so it's entirely possible it's some kind of glitch in their system.

53 minutes ago, Jaustin89 said:

Nope; I'm in the US.

The whole thing seems kind of strange with everything else indicating that they're not in stock yet. All I can say for certain is that they generated a tracking number associated with that order; it doesn't seem to have even gotten to the carrier yet so it's entirely possible it's some kind of glitch in their system.

I got a notification in my preorders that it's ready to be paid but no email from them. I don't want to pay in full if it's not going to ship for another couple months and then take a month to arrive so I'm waiting to see what happens.

On a related note, I noticed this notification 2 days ago and had 2 other notifications show up at the same time. One was for the ToyWorld BB Optimus Prime, I paid that in full and now it is showing up as 'In Stock' but no shipping notice yet. But I think this means Tetra is definitely incoming. (Especially for those of you who paid already.)

1 hour ago, Jaustin89 said:

Nope; I'm in the US.

did you have to pay extra shipping or are these guys #$*&ing with me cause they just sent me a message with an additional 44US they can ship it..and IM in canada not much different than the US

25 minutes ago, slaginpit said:

did you have to pay extra shipping or are these guys #$*&ing with me cause they just sent me a message with an additional 44US they can ship it..and IM in canada not much different than the US

No extra payment needed so far; I did pre-order and pay for it a month or so ago so they may well have rolled the higher shipping cost into the base cost by the time I ordered.

Edited by Jaustin89

26 minutes ago, slaginpit said:

Spoiler

image.png.8719f207a2f2ee4fa720f5f4dcbce0dd.pngimage.png.c8523ddd8315e255cfd76131e70a1c01.pngimage.png.6b760aa8abd441bec70eb9d24bcb3976.png

I dont know I feel like im being extorted 

Hello!

due to the pandemic, I had difficulties with delivering one parcel by EMS from the ShowZStore. It was delivered about 3 month (here is the tracking number EV924676767CN)!

So, i asked ShowZStore about another shipping method, because regular post service working more faster for me now than EMS, and they answer that only EMS possible for parcels with big weight in my case.

63299828_.png.1fe88765fe6694f272b1c07054f7bb4a.png

Maybe in your case there are the same situation with shipping due pandemic?

Edited by doomgart

My posts are all kinda about my problems building these third party kits now :lol:

Might as well add another one.

I’m having trouble assembling the Jiang Gao Sazabi. Specifically the torso and the hips.

E314005D-BA18-4DBB-BECB-786AD0BF6276.jpeg.b483f89fe1b4442e754476007d58c535.jpeg07BEE16D-AE27-43AE-943B-F8AD960FC172.jpeg.adf743dbe7e999a461cf2988ca5f9d30.jpeg

The peg and the slot are both diecast so it’s super tight and I can’t connect them in fear of forcing a plastic to break while doing so. Can I lubricate them or something to make it easier to connect? What should I do in these types of metal to metal connection?

4 minutes ago, killatopak said:

My posts are all kinda about my problems building these third party kits now :lol:

Might as well add another one.

I’m having trouble assembling the Jiang Gao Sazabi. Specifically the torso and the hips.

E314005D-BA18-4DBB-BECB-786AD0BF6276.jpeg.b483f89fe1b4442e754476007d58c535.jpeg07BEE16D-AE27-43AE-943B-F8AD960FC172.jpeg.adf743dbe7e999a461cf2988ca5f9d30.jpeg

The peg and the slot are both diecast so it’s super tight and I can’t connect them in fear of forcing a plastic to break while doing so. Can I lubricate them or something to make it easier to connect? What should I do in these types of metal to metal connection?

Try lube first. If that doesn't work you can use something like those cans of air for cleaning keyboards to spray down the pin. If you hold the cans open "too long" they will shoot super cold air out. That will shrink the pin which will open the clearance up. Or you could put the pin in ice.

I jammed those two point together and hoped for the best. I didn't break anything. They were TIGHT though.

40 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Try lube first. If that doesn't work you can use something like those cans of air for cleaning keyboards to spray down the pin. If you hold the cans open "too long" they will shoot super cold air out. That will shrink the pin which will open the clearance up. Or you could put the pin in ice.

I jammed those two point together and hoped for the best. I didn't break anything. They were TIGHT though.

yes some ball bearing grease should do the trick. I didnt have to use that method i just would use friction to push the peg through the hole...treat her like a virgin ...i suppose lol

• 2 weeks later...

VBbfcPY.jpg

5DxGSFT.jpg

The Gerbera Tetra arrived today; I have to say I'm vaugely dissapointed in it. It looks great (my lights are yellowish so the picture doesn't remotely capture the color acurately), does everything it was advertised to, has some cool features, and comes in at ~12" tall and ~2-3lbs but everything about it feels slightly off in a way I can't really describe.

The plastic is weirdly light; lighter even than the plastic in the few model kits I've picked up. The range of motion is odd with some joint like the knees being able to bend ~170 degrees but the bicep rotation being unable to turn inward and some other weird limitations on the arm movements. And you can forget whaterver range of motion does exist for the arms if you leave the shoulder thrusters in place; add the shield or the skirts that attach to the thrusters and that arm is basically stuck pointing straight down at it's side.

I also didn't receive the upgrade kit that was supposed to come with it. I'm honestly not sure what I'm going to do about that; on the one hand I paid for it and I didn't get it, but on the other getting it is just going to make me more dissapointed at not being able to really do anything with it and isn't woth the probable hassle of dealing with customer service over.

Overall it's not bad per say I just can't really find anything unabiguosly positive to say about it which is not a thing you want in something that cost a couple hundred dollars.

This is all super subjective especially since I can't really explain even in my own head why it's dissapointing so I'm sure some people are going to be perfectly happy with it but something about it just doesn't work for me.

2 hours ago, Jaustin89 said:

VBbfcPY.jpg

5DxGSFT.jpg

The Gerbera Tetra arrived today; I have to say I'm vaugely dissapointed in it. It looks great (my lights are yellowish so the picture doesn't remotely capture the color acurately), does everything it was advertised to, has some cool features, and comes in at ~12" tall and ~2-3lbs but everything about it feels slightly off in a way I can't really describe.

The plastic is weirdly light; lighter even than the plastic in the few model kits I've picked up. The range of motion is odd with some joint like the knees being able to bend ~170 degrees but the bicep rotation being unable to turn inward and some other weird limitations on the arm movements. And you can forget whaterver range of motion does exist for the arms if you leave the shoulder thrusters in place; add the shield or the skirts that attach to the thrusters and that arm is basically stuck pointing straight down at it's side.

I also didn't receive the upgrade kit that was supposed to come with it. I'm honestly not sure what I'm going to do about that; on the one hand I paid for it and I didn't get it, but on the other getting it is just going to make me more dissapointed at not being able to really do anything with it and isn't woth the probable hassle of dealing with customer service over.

Overall it's not bad per say I just can't really find anything unabiguosly positive to say about it which is not a thing you want in something that cost a couple hundred dollars.

This is all super subjective especially since I can't really explain even in my own head why it's dissapointing so I'm sure some people are going to be perfectly happy with it but something about it just doesn't work for me.

Welp, that got me off the fence. Thanks!:good:

10 hours ago, sqidd said:

Welp, that got me off the fence. Thanks!:good:

I got my notification to pay last week from showZ and I couldn't pull the trigger. He looks awesome but I don't know where he'd fit into my collection...and it's a couple hundred bucks that I think I may put towards Sinanju before he disappears. (Supposedly he's tied to Wei Jiang who was raided.) That, and I think a ridiculous amount of my other pre-orders are going to start popping in the next month or two.

5 hours ago, FattyMoBookyButt said:

I got my notification to pay last week from showZ and I couldn't pull the trigger. He looks awesome but I don't know where he'd fit into my collection...and it's a couple hundred bucks that I think I may put towards Sinanju before he disappears. (Supposedly he's tied to Wei Jiang who was raided.) That, and I think a ridiculous amount of my other pre-orders are going to start popping in the next month or two.

That's the one that got raided? Looks like they're still up on ShowZ. It's interesting that they're still selling them. You would think there is a potential charge in it for ShowZ selling those units.

• 3 weeks later...