The Third Party Gundam Thread

13 hours ago, Alphahorizon said:

Looks cool indeed. I saw that they have put a lot of Devil Hunters out on re order from ShowZ. I am not familiar with the line. I know there are 2 releases so far with 5 more from what I gather. Anyone here have those 2 releases and care to speak on it?

The White and Gold Dragons are based on the Barbatos frame. So are these. By using these as the base frame they are able to escape the IP police but I heard the next to fall are these guys so they better push these out as fast as they can 

21 minutes ago, slaginpit said:

The White and Gold Dragons are based on the Barbatos frame. So are these. By using these as the base frame they are able to escape the IP police but I heard the next to fall are these guys so they better push these out as fast as they can 

I think the two he was referring to weren't the Motor Nuclear White and Gold Dragons, but the already released Red Musha and Date Masamune, followed by the funky looking King Tiger:
https://showzstore.com/devil-hunter-dh-dh-02-dh02-1-100-red-musha-sanada-yukimura-gundam-metal-build-complete-model_p1542.html
https://showzstore.com/devil-hunter-dh-01-1-100-date-masamune-gundam-metal-build_p1430.html

https://showzstore.com/devil-hunter-dh-05-king-tiger_p1802.html

Yeah, I should have clarified. But I do have the Motor Nuclear, first and pre ordered the second. Saw the new picts released a few days back for the gold, and like what I see.

Seriously F Bandai. I have a couple of the Metal Builds and can say they feel way more fragile then most of the third party versions I have gotten. I hope the second Motor Nuclear is released. Still butthurt about Metal Club. 

8 minutes ago, Alphahorizon said:

Yeah, I should have clarified. But I do have the Motor Nuclear, first and pre ordered the second. Saw the new picts released a few days back for the gold, and like what I see.

Seriously F Bandai. I have a couple of the Metal Builds and can say they feel way more fragile then most of the third party versions I have gotten. I hope the second Motor Nuclear is released. Still butthurt about Metal Club. 

The MN Gold Dragon had its head and shoulders reworked last minute like the WD. I have the WD and also the GD on po.

2 hours ago, Alphahorizon said:

YES

11 hours ago, slaginpit said:

I've always heard that the copyright laws in China are pretty lax. So as long as it's an "original" design or interpretation and you don't call it by it's legal name, you can produce just about whatever you want. Metal Club was/is making straight copies/KOs with very slight design changes. Plus all the pictures of the raids showed shelves full of gundam kit KOs, not even the metal builds. (Not sure what company they sell those kits under.) I've also heard that Bandai is one of the only companies that constantly go after 3rd parties such as Daban/MoShow since they have some local representation. (Compared to LEGO for example, they have had a much harder time getting factories SWATted.)

How close are the White and Gold Dragons to the source material? They're pretty stylized aren't they?

On 5/8/2020 at 6:39 PM, brannon said:

Its gonna be a fun summer

crossbone1.jpg.fed41ba01fdffb6dc3a1f3a639dca24c.jpg890553873_crossbone2.jpg.2da46725974423d2dc19dc9da1044dee.jpg686547262_crossbone3.jpg.6449efd07e0066512a966be2aa66b6d7.jpg103473710_crossbone4.jpg.74a5bb13205780f058788d4061b1c744.jpg

Hmmm............to be honest not sure how I feel about this. 

The Crossbone Gundam is one of my favorite Mobile Suit Designs, but this kinda strays a bit too far from the look IMO.

17 minutes ago, SuperHobo said:

Hot damn, my kampfer finally arrived at the post office it should get here either today or tomorrow. 

It's B.E.A-utifull and probably one of the best metal builds out there. The quality of joints, diecast content, and gimmicks exceed Bandai's official offerings. Poison Toys really knows how to copy the processes given to them, improve upon it, and apply it to something completely new and unreleased officially by other companies. Fantastic work and craftsmanship here. I wouldn't doubt it if the team from Poison Toys are made up of manufacturing engineers for factories that do make the official line of metal build toys for Bandai. It matches or exceeds the quality from Bandai and far exceeds the quality from Metal Club which do feel a bit like knock offs.

Edited by Grey728

3 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

It's B.E.A-utifull and probably one of the best metal builds out there. The quality of joints, diecast content, and gimmicks exceed Bandai's official offerings. Poison Toys really knows how to copy the processes given to them, improve upon it, and apply it to something completely new and unreleased officially by other companies. Fantastic work and craftsmanship here. I wouldn't doubt it if the team from Poison Toys are made up of manufacturing engineers for factories that do make the official line of metal build toys for Bandai. It matches or exceeds the quality from Bandai and far exceeds the quality from Metal Club which do feel a bit like knock offs.

Good to hear! I won't have time to open it up until Thursday, but man I'm pumped. I was blown away by their strike gundam, so I'm ready for their take on zeon suits. 

I agree. After being spoiled from 3rd parties I have kind of put off most Metal Builds from Bandai for the time. The secondary market for many of those are just to rich for my blood. Given I only have 3 Bandai Metal builds and is the reason I am sour about Metal Club getting busted. I was hoping that ShowZ would be able to honor those I had pre-ordered but I don't think they will be able to.

I did send them a message asking for clarification on the Metal Bear/Club. I haven't gotten any message but many of their pre-orders show sold out, where they hadn't the day before I sent that message. More to follow if I get any insight.

1 hour ago, Grey728 said:

Do you know what type of battery the Kampfer's mono-eye takes? 

1 hour ago, SuperHobo said:

Do you know what type of battery the Kampfer's mono-eye takes? 

I'm using Energizer 377/376 from Amazon. You can find this size at any drugstore. It's easier to install the battery by taking out the electronics part of the head. It's not glued or tabbed in or anything. Just sitting in there fitted to the head but loose. I found that out the hard way when I installed the batteries backwards and tried to fish them out with tweezers.. I couldn't the batteries out at all.. until the entire electronics assembly came out.

Edited by Grey728

4 hours ago, Grey728 said:

I'm using Energizer 377/376 from Amazon. You can find this size at any drugstore. It's easier to install the battery by taking out the electronics part of the head. It's not glued or tabbed in or anything. Just sitting in there fitted to the head but loose. I found that out the hard way when I installed the batteries backwards and tried to fish them out with tweezers.. I couldn't the batteries out at all.. until the entire electronics assembly came out.

I had some LR626 which are supposed to be equivalent to 377/376 but they seemed to big. So I stuck some slightly smaller AG0 batteries and they worked liked charm! 

Received my poison toys kampfer. Looks amazing but one of the shoulder joints is seized up. I managed to take the outer armor off (glued on) thinking that i could just unscrew the shoulder joint and clean it ect, but there is no screw. It appears to be pinned. Im thinking that too much glue was applied during assembly and it got into the joint. I had to leave for work before i could mess with it anymore. Will update with pics later.

Edited by EnderWiggen

3 hours ago, EnderWiggen said:

Received my poison toys kampfer. Looks amazing but one of the shoulder joints is seized up. I managed to take the outer armor off (glued on) thinking that i could just unscrew the shoulder joint and clean it ect, but there is no screw. It appears to be pinned. Im thinking that too much glue was applied during assembly and it got into the joint. I had to leave for work before i could mess with it anymore. Will update with pics later.

ShowZStore will work to get you a replacement part. Just make sure they arrange a whole replacement arm and not the piece that's giving you trouble. I received a replacement part for another figure and there was no way to open up the arm to replace the part without damaging the entire forearm of the figure

6 minutes ago, JakCrow said:

ShowZStore will work to get you a replacement part. Just make sure they arrange a whole replacement arm and not the piece that's giving you trouble. I received a replacement part for another figure and there was no way to open up the arm to replace the part without damaging the entire forearm of the figure

I've been using showz for some time now, I have 100% faith in their customer support. Im hoping that it won't come to that though.

Fixed. Tapped on the pin with a punch and small mallet a few times and it came loose, although it was still very tight. Some water based lubricant fixed it up. Nice and smooth now.

He's very cool. Paint is 9.5/10, articulation is 8/10, accessories are 8/10. Tons of gimmicks, very heavy, *feels* high quality. Worth the 2 month wait to get him.

This is what the shoulder joint looks like just in case anyone is interested. 

20200513_070748_copy_1209x1612.jpg

Edited by EnderWiggen

On 5/12/2020 at 11:15 AM, Alphahorizon said:

I agree. After being spoiled from 3rd parties I have kind of put off most Metal Builds from Bandai for the time. The secondary market for many of those are just to rich for my blood. Given I only have 3 Bandai Metal builds and is the reason I am sour about Metal Club getting busted. I was hoping that ShowZ would be able to honor those I had pre-ordered but I don't think they will be able to.

I did send them a message asking for clarification on the Metal Bear/Club. I haven't gotten any message but many of their pre-orders show sold out, where they hadn't the day before I sent that message. More to follow if I get any insight.

I am still very bumped out to missed the metal club JG sazabi. Been trying to find if there is anyone still selling even with some markup. But found nothing below $400.

Pinged Showz and they finally replied yesterday saying that they did ordered a second batch and they are waiting for development. So I think it is unlikely that any new item will be made. The factory and mold would most likely be gone forever. :( 

56 minutes ago, kkx said:

I am still very bumped out to missed the metal club JG sazabi. Been trying to find if there is anyone still selling even with some markup. But found nothing below $400.

Pinged Showz and they finally replied yesterday saying that they did ordered a second batch and they are waiting for development. So I think it is unlikely that any new item will be made. The factory and mold would most likely be gone forever. :( 

I'm also waiting for this as well. Hopefully this isn't the same group that got raided and shut down. I think this is more of a 'model with metal parts' like the Sinanju that just came out instead of like a true Metal Build. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong here.

51 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Man, it's a shame. Got mine in just before this, and it's a great showpiece (even if it's more of a model kit than a figure by weight/durability).

It is. I just missed the boat. Not smart enough to preemptively pay the full price.

I am really just looking for a showpiece. The alternative is to buy the MG kit, the resin upgrade kit and the back pack resin kit. That in itself will be close to $300. Then I will need to spend months building and painting it. Maybe it will be nicer overall. But I really don't feel like doing that when I can buy one of these.

15 minutes ago, slaginpit said:

I just saw that. The ratings (at least on ShowZ seem to elude to) from the buyers, show it being worse then the first iteration? I don't have either so i wouldn't know.

Edited by Alphahorizon

4 hours ago, Alphahorizon said:

I just saw that. The ratings (at least on ShowZ seem to elude to) from the buyers, show it being worse then the first iteration? I don't have either so i wouldn't know.

I have it I have zero issues 

For the price its not bad 

the only thing...if you notice in the pics is they have a different stand

thats because it doesnt have the adapter to put it on the stand 

After 55 days in the post from Shows Poison Toys Kampfer finally made it to me in one piece. The wait has been worth it. This is a beast of a figure. The heft, the paint, the accessories, the gimmicks and he's HUGE all for a very reasonable $210 shipped ($250 now). My only complaint is that I wish he came with some simple instructions. Poison Toys has done it again! I really hope they stay alive and papa Bandai doesn't try to stop them. There's a bunch beam sabers he comes with, I just didn't take pictures of it. Seeing all of the zeon love recently from Bandai and 3Ps has warmed my heart.

IMG_20200516_110056.jpg.0b395c850b53e5b857fcf9e14186e9c8.jpg

IMG_20200516_113615.jpg.f97b37b4a2aebb23748d670a00b5878d.jpg

IMG_20200516_184039.jpg.7f7ee9626f30ae0583ccc746611d3e83.jpg

IMG_20200516_182026.jpg.675c95b23a180e46b64d8adaa90c2968.jpg

IMG_20200516_112255.jpg.afa594ca9ecb89653dcc668ae5cebe87.jpg