The Third Party Gundam Thread

5 hours ago, Alphahorizon said:

Oh man I'm sorry. That sucks. It seems like a damn good figure to have to add to any collection. All the reviews I have watched made it seem pretty damn solid.

All good! Part of the joy of collecting is the hunt. B))

-b.

On 4/9/2020 at 10:40 AM, kkx said:

Did you get a payment request? I have not seen one for my PO yet. I hope I don't miss the second batch.

Pondering if I should make a full payment proactively to get ahead on the queue.

Same boat no request

I got a MetalGear Models 00 Raiser XN Trans-Am and a Mosho Metal Build Pro 00 Quant in today. Overall quality on both is close to Bandai but most joint tolerances are much too tight.

For the limbs that's probably a good thing but for stuff like the Quant's head where you have to pop the dummy head off to put the actual head on it'd greatly benefit from having the ball joint for the head not being more secure than the "fixed" joint between the neck and body.

I ended up breaking the LED wiring, having to cut open the dummy head, and force the joint out from the top (destroying the LED itself in the process). It's currently sitting on my workbench letting the superglue cure; hopefully the head stays on more or less straight and I don't re-decapitate it once I try and get the backpack on and pose it.

Overall I'd say the 00 Raiser XN was worth the $180 I spent on it I unfortunately can't say the same for the Quant.

I'll try and remember to post some pictures tomorrow; the site's not letting me upload anything at the moment.

Edited by Jaustin89

6 hours ago, Alphahorizon said:

Really digging the toy. I had an order that left China 3.5 weeks ago and arrive at my home in the states a few days back. So I'm not to worried about shipping for now from ShowZ

ShowZ just put out a statement packages over 2kg aren't getting shipped out and are currently just chilling at the airport. And unfortunately, the 1/72 Kampfer is 3.5kg,........so yeah I'm not sure I will see Kampfer anytime soon or if at all. 

5 hours ago, SuperHobo said:

ShowZ just put out a statement packages over 2kg aren't getting shipped out and are currently just chilling at the airport. And unfortunately, the 1/72 Kampfer is 3.5kg,........so yeah I'm not sure I will see Kampfer anytime soon or if at all. 

I just read that @SuperHobo. Very unfortunate. Not sure I can justify the additional 30.   -....whatever the actual amount for shipping now.

Looks like the repairs on the Mosho Quant are holding up and everything is lined up close enough the only loss was the LED gimmick.

Still frustrating but I wouldn't necessarily say to avoid buying one; just that if you get one and the dummy head is't coming off easily just start cutting the head rather than forcing it off.

uwUC15W.jpg

POraCLS.jpg

On 4/13/2020 at 8:45 PM, Alphahorizon said:

Really digging the toy. I had an order that left China 3.5 weeks ago and arrive at my home in the states a few days back. So I'm not to worried about shipping for now from ShowZ

really?

My full payment went through hopefully soon

image.png.164463d3cf0beca6deef3b2048e44f96.png

5 hours ago, slaginpit said:

really?

My full payment went through hopefully soon

image.png.164463d3cf0beca6deef3b2048e44f96.png

Really. That message went up yesterday. I received my Wushuang Model MJ01 Zhao Yun Zilong last Friday or Saturday I believe. I suspect that this will no longer be the case. And after speaking with the ShowZ staff, they recommended either cancel or let them hold on to the toys/pre-orders until this sorts out.

And I agree the quality of a lot of there models/complete figures I have gotten are damn good display pieces and toys I can play with.

Wushuang Model MJ01 Zhao Yun Zilong

Edited by Alphahorizon

TFW2005 has a ShowZ thread where an employee of ShowZ posts multiple times daily if you're interested in more details on the shipping situation.

https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/show-z-store.1148773/page-275

Anything over 2 kg is not going anywhere anytime soon. They can use DHL and you'll get your package in a few days but expect to pay $30 or so.

They mentioned they're updating their cancellation functionality on the site and within 5 days you should be able to cancel whatever you want and i *think* get points back for your deposits. (Historically if you wanted a refund/points for your $1 deposits you had to request it. Their policy is you can get a refund anytime before the full price is revealed...but I've never had issues getting a refund when I've requested.)

6 hours ago, Grey728 said:

Really? My Kampfer has been sitting at the Shanghai airport since April 6 with no movement at all. I guess your Sazabi is less than 2kg?

I'm hesitant to order anything because losing a package is huge risk now. 

My copy of Kampfer is probably sitting next to yours in the Shanghai airport. Hopefully it makes its way out in the next month.......

On 2/6/2020 at 10:49 PM, FattyMoBookyButt said:

Assembling the metal joints (arms and backpack attachments) will take fortitude and dexterity with all the little sharp bits getting in the way of the super tight tolerances. Seriously, you will need to stretch your finger muscles and mentally prepare yourself the peg vs port throwdown.

Well, I got nothing else to do due to the lockdown in my place so I finally decided to assemble this thing. Holy crap you weren’t kidding about how tight the peg and the port is. crap even the stand was tight when I tried disassembling it since I didn’t want to continue building the thing.

Any tips on loosening rubber to metal joint in these figures for assembly without compromising the tightness when completely built? I’m too scared to break it since I won’t be able to get replacements due to the situation.

Just notice that I have a package from Show.Z that has been returned to sender.

Posted on April 13th and returned to sender on April 20th.

It is nothing near 2KG, I think it should be under 1KG, it is a model kit not a metal build figure.

Wondering what Show.Z is going to do.

I am not buying anything till this is better. I have another package (also small <1KG) from Aliexpress that been in limbo since March 24th.

Mixed feeling when I see this. It is good that the Chinese police are enforcing intelligence property right. But it also nice to have competition to let buyer have better price and choices.

I watch a documentary about intelligence property right can actually stifle innovation and development.

I am hoping more of these toy manufacturer will be able to find a lawful and moral way to make more of these toys.

1 hour ago, Alphahorizon said:

Noooooo. Welp that sucks. 

Especially since their Avalanche Exia was about to release; now I'm going to need to pick one up at Bandai after market prices (~$700 last I checked). On that note does anyone know how Show Z handles pre orders where the company can no longer fulfill them? Do they automatically cancel and refund or do I need to open a support ticket?

Edited by Jaustin89

Just now, Jaustin89 said:

Especially since their Avalanche Exia was about to release; now I'm going to need to pick one up at Bandai after market prices (~$700 last I checked). On that note does anyone know how Show Z handles pre orders wher the company can no longer fulfill them? Do they automatically cancel and refund or do I need to open a support ticket?

Good question. I had only put the minimum amount for the exia myself. Shoot. I dont have 700.00.

I would send a message and ask. I may do so myself to see what kind of response I get.

1 hour ago, Jaustin89 said:

Especially since their Avalanche Exia was about to release; now I'm going to need to pick one up at Bandai after market prices (~$700 last I checked). On that note does anyone know how Show Z handles pre orders where the company can no longer fulfill them? Do they automatically cancel and refund or do I need to open a support ticket?

You can cancel right now on their site and it'll convert to credit. If you contact them I would guess they'd refund the deposit as it's only $1-$5, but I'm not sure. I've contacted them about accidental double orders before and asked for refunds on items I didn't want before they updated the site...but I was always fine with converting to credit so I don't know if I went for standard refund.

Most of these companies get raided and then pop back up 6 months later. Gundam offenders seem to take much longer to come back though. We don't need finger pointing as we all know I'm talking about you Mo Show. Supposedly they destroyed all the Strike moulds so I've given up on a re-release from them.

It does suck because MG/MC made bad ass robots...but I also realize they're someone's robots in the first place. I think I have all their items preordered at ShowZ except for 1.

1 hour ago, Alphahorizon said:

Good question. I had only put the minimum amount for the exia myself. Shoot. I dont have 700.00.

I would send a message and ask. I may do so myself to see what kind of response I get.

I just checked my preorders page and it looks like I'd only put down the deposit so I'll let it sit for now since it's all of $6 between the figure and the option parts set. There's also a button to cancel the pre-order for store credit but I think I'll hold out till we get more info (not sure if Metal Club Xing Ying is 100% the same group as the Metal Club group that got raided or if they're a sister group or something)