The Third Party Gundam Thread

6 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Probably the shield's heaviness is due to different plastic density used in these 3P release compared to Gunpla's plastic. 

I dont think that is the issue.

I think its all due to it being rushed out the door.  From the announcement to go to market these three, Sazabi, Sinaju and Kampfer were very quick to ship out to consumers. 

While the Kampfer, MOSHO didnt make any announcements and I suppose this thing was in the works for quite some time. The Sinaju may have had a good head start too. But the Sazabi was announced just mid summer last year...     That is a very short time from prototyping, QA -prod runs and pick pack and ship.   I think that is the issue.            

Im wondering if Nu will go the way of Sinaju and Kampfer route and have pics when its ready to ship

20 hours ago, SuperHobo said:

It's not a piece of garbage,  but it's not the definitive Sazabi I wanted it to be. Honestly, if there are no rumors of fixes for batch 2 then I would cancel to ease your anxiety. Believe me I have handled a piece of garbage before ( Megahouse's Hi-Spec Galvion was the biggest pile of transforming rubbish I've ever handled from a Japanese company). 

Also, since this was based off the MG v2 build i remember on my MG Saz. v2 also could not completely close the Funnel pods fully. 

6 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Probably the shield's heaviness is due to different plastic density used in these 3P release compared to Gunpla's plastic. 

Honestly it shouldn't be that big of a difference and the diecast joints of toleranced correctly should be stronger in general.  Just a no bueno situation in general there. 

I'll say if nothing else that it's beautiful to look at, at least. Haven't seen a bad looking pic of it yet. 

Just un-boxed this dude. And for perspective un=boxed SOC Lion Voltron and did the thigh conversion to it.

The Sazabi isn't much for playing or posing. Playing because it's not tight. Posing mostly because it's so beefy that there isn't much you're going to do with it anyway. But also because it's not exactly tight. I'll use a term that my crew chief coined when I was racing. It's looks/finish are 50/50. In the case of motorcycles it meant all they had to do was look good from 50ft at 50mph. This has the same kind of look to it. From a few feet away and you're not 100% focused on it it's cool looking. Get up close and it doesn't have any "luster" and it doesn't scream quality. If you want to put it on a shelf and leave it alone, it's not a bad toy. It's certainly cool looking. It's big and it's imposing. It has a lot of "things" going on. But if you're looking for something that is going to look and feel high quality, this isn't it. I'd say it's on par with my Fix Figuration Gold Unicorn. I'm not terribly impresses. Do I regret getting it? Absolutely not. Would I buy it all over again? Probably. but I just put my toys on shelves and don't mess with them much.

The SOC Voltron that I un-boxed after this dude probably didn't help this review much. If the Voltron is a 10 (it kinda is, especially with the longer thighs), the Sazabi is a 6 or 7 depending on what you want out of a toy.

I don't think @Kuma Style will like this much.

Gundam1.jpg.b3e3a42352ff7b7a77741813ccef24a9.jpgGundam2.jpg.6fafe6bad2ebeef9a20d1aa475e32916.jpgGundam3.jpg.8da004fdcc36fc67dc3b3dc9e60481a5.jpg

Edited by sqidd

33 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I don't think @Kuma Style will like this much.

Why?

5 minutes ago, Alphahorizon said:

Looks like a great candidate to work a little marker, paint, highlights, drybrushing and a seal coat or two. 

High grade model then. Since I havent gotten a single 3P as of yet I will hold out judgement. 

At that point would it be better to just get a model then?

Edited by Kuma Style

1 hour ago, SuperHobo said:

Since Sazabi is based on the MG ver ka. I wonder if one of the Bandai action bases could support it for flight poses? 

It cant even support the full plastic model. For standing it might be possible but for flight pose, never a good idea for plastic model, never a good idea for a figure with thicker plastic and diecast.

1 hour ago, SuperHobo said:

Since Sazabi is based on the MG ver ka. I wonder if one of the Bandai action bases could support it for flight poses? 

Might be better to use a metal build display stand / KO.  instead .

Should probably also strengthen the clip or attachment point too . 

1 hour ago, chyll2 said:

It cant even support the full plastic model. For standing it might be possible but for flight pose, never a good idea for plastic model, never a good idea for a figure with thicker plastic and diecast.

50 minutes ago, F360 said:

Might be better to use a metal build display stand / KO.  instead .

Should probably also strengthen the clip or attachment point too . 

Alright, maybe I'll get creative with some kind of heavy duty display stand. 

8 hours ago, slaginpit said:

Its still better than getting a crumbling MG of it . 

But if Kuma is hard up on Saz. The RG is pretty good

What are you even talking about? I said above I have the MG v.KA, LMAO.

5 hours ago, SuperHobo said:

Alright, maybe I'll get creative with some kind of heavy duty display stand. 

Honestly, the 1.6th display stands with the large bendable poles and bigger clips should handle it just fine. They're quite a bit stronger than they look supporting the diecast IM armors and the like.

Edited by Kuma Style

3 hours ago, Kuma Style said:

What are you even talking about? I said above I have the MG v.KA, LMAO.

Honestly, the 1.6th display stands with the large bendable poles and bigger clips should handle it just fine. They're quite a bit stronger than they look supporting the diecast IM armors and the like.

The 1/6th bendy pole stands for the HT iron men was exactly what I had mind. 

8 hours ago, SuperHobo said:

The 1/6th bendy pole stands for the HT iron men was exactly what I had mind. 

I need a link to these 1/6 bendy poles you guys are talking about. Anything I can use to keep my stuff from face planting in an earthquake would be great. 

46 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

I need a link to these 1/6 bendy poles you guys are talking about. Anything I can use to keep my stuff from face planting in an earthquake would be great. 

Just get on amazon and type Hot Toys stand. They're like twelve bucks.

On 1/21/2020 at 10:38 AM, slaginpit said:

Dont worry announced a year ago it will finally be ready to ship 2 years from now. Sort of like Toyworld and this 

WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS???

image.png.eb39b977e3e7d8b8be8ecdb8ffc7a029.png

I think MC just abandoned this 

It resurfaced again in a local retailer near me. At the very least they’re just now accepting POs again. The release date seems to be Q3 2020.

5F9BC521-E8C5-4774-8743-009B57735FE4.jpeg

55 minutes ago, Alphahorizon said:

grrrr....5 items in transit. 3 of which have been held up at the ISC New York, NY processing facility. Is this normal? Maybe they think I am getting some under the table Fetanyl.

Welcome to the club brother.........I have five in transit too. I think they're currently on a satellite orbiting the Earth.

12 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Welcome to the club brother.........I have five in transit too. I think they're currently on a satellite orbiting the Earth.

Safest place to not contract the Chrono Virus I guess. And now that I mention that, this may be the actual reason for the hold ups? Just a thought.

Edited by Alphahorizon

Customs is kind of unpredictable. Sometimes I've had items spend a week or more there for no real reason, other times they go in and out the same day. It's just luck of the draw, often there's no nefarious or ulterior purpose behind it at all. The coronavirus outbreak MIGHT have something to do with it, but I doubt it; they would be screening people, I'd imagine, not packages... or rather, packages wouldn't be getting more scrutiny than they already do, at any rate.

Looks like you guys need to watch some Border Security episodes on Netflix. :rolleyes:

https://www.netflix.com/title/80107514

On a side note though. I don't think it needed some pictures but my WuMing Freedom (2nd batch release) arrived yesterday. I really like how it looks over the Metal Club one, but I'm not happy with it. For a second batch release figure, the only thing nice that came out I believe from the initial 1st batch release report, the tampo prints looks nice and crisp. Some joints are loose. When the joints gets moved, some of the plastic parts housing the metal joints tend to open up from the seams. The front skirt armors is not glued properly. One of the shoulder armor top portion popped out as well due to lack of glue. :fool:

The only thing I'm glad somehow is that I got it for half the 'original' MSRP price at GMC. :db:

4 hours ago, Alphahorizon said:

grrrr....5 items in transit. 3 of which have been held up at the ISC New York, NY processing facility. Is this normal? Maybe they think I am getting some under the table Fetanyl.

it's normal,  unless your packages is ems or priority.  

3 hours ago, Alphahorizon said:

Safest place to not contract the Chrono Virus I guess. And now that I mention that, this may be the actual reason for the hold ups? Just a thought.

In general New York customs has always taken an extended period compared to Chicago for me. Same with San Francisco. I can imagine the amount that they get being coastal areas compared to the middle of the U.S. is night and day.

Welp, got my Steel Legends 1/100 SL-01 NZ-666 Kshatriya. This thing is massive. I assume the same or similar to the Kampfer.

Pros:

1. Its hefty

2. Details are and paint (at least on mine) seem really good and solid.

3. Articulation - Both good and bad. Good first: I can put this thing in some pretty decent poses all in all.

4. Great waist swivel.

5. It really is a great display piece for sure - Play wise...hmmm * Note* I tend to find a pose - leave it in said pose for a a few months and switch it up. This toy is great for that for sure

BAD:

1. Articulation: When I put on the wings the hips seemed to slightly collapse and not be able to hold the weight. Have to have a specific set of poses for it to hold the weight.

2. The wings: Anyone know of a means of tightening them to the hole the posts insert into? They swivel around a lot if not positioned "Just right" - For now I am choosing not to attach them

3. Hands - These seem a little lackluster for options.

4. Head - limited mobility of poses.

Overall I can say I am very happy with this piece. Packaging is what you would expects. Item and boxes arrived together in one large box. Outer box was in decent shape. No dents on the actual boxes. BUT THAT SMELL...WTF!!! Outside that wretched smell I would recommend this to anyone.

Gundam 1.jpg

gundam 3.jpg

gundam 2.jpg

Edited by Alphahorizon