The Third Party Gundam Thread

Thank you @sumyumgoy. I may honestly track this downat some point. YET another gorgeous picture.

@Archer Your question isn't ignorant in the slightest particularly since a lot of these companies pack the products before letting paints properly cure and as soon as you unbox them the room fills with the smell of said paint. I don't have the answer but it's a very valid concern and something I wish I would've thought about some time ago.

@no3Ljm @Kuma Style

Thanks for the info guys! I'm in medical school, so I tend to get overly concerned about random things that don't hit others radars (which isn't always a good thing lol). 

Lead (in general) has toxic properties when ingested or inhaled, and tends to be a higher concern for kids or pregnant women as it is neurotoxic. I doubt the paint on a single figure poses all that much risk even if it is lead paint, but it may be worth it for those interested in this third party stuff to test the paint on them with those cheap lead test swabs you can get in department stores. 

Edited by Archer

1 hour ago, Archer said:

@no3Ljm @Kuma Style

Thanks for the info guys! I'm in medical school, so I tend to get overly concerned about random things that don't hit others radars (which isn't always a good thing lol). 

Lead (in general) has toxic properties when ingested or inhaled, and tends to be a higher concern for kids or pregnant women as it is neurotoxic. I doubt the paint on a single figure poses all that much risk even if it is lead paint, but it may be worth it for those interested in this third party stuff to test the paint on them with those cheap lead test swabs you can get in department stores. 

I have been concerned about this and I will look for this testing kit and do it and report back

5 hours ago, Archer said:

This is probably a very dumb (and overly concerned) question, but what kind of paints do these third-parties use? I'm concerned about lead paints being used (which is something that's obviously not a concern with Bandai products). 

Again, apologies if this is dumb, but I'm not well educated on the subject....

Stop licking your toys. You will be fine.:D

Just making fun. It's a valid point.

Edited by sqidd

Well..so far anyways all the ingested paint chips from my parents old window cills haven't had much long term affects.:clapping:or at least any I can track. 

Great flicks @sumyumgoy. Mine has been held up in New Yorks Inspection post office since the 15th. I worked for the Postal Inspection Team for a time as an analyst, and cant say they will test for lead. I know they will for other "substances" 

10 minutes ago, Alphahorizon said:

Well..so far anyways all the ingested paint chips from my parents old window cills haven't had much long term affects.:clapping:or at least any I can track. 

Great flicks @sumyumgoy. Mine has been held up in New Yorks Inspection post office since the 15th. I worked for the Postal Inspection Team for a time as an analyst, and cant say they will test for lead. I know they will for other "substances" 

Well, hopefully they're not painted with cocaine?!?! That said, from China it would probably Fentanyl.

12 hours ago, SuperHobo said:

I still think it's so cool that the LED switch for the mono-eye is the head fin and how it replicates the anime. Touches like that always make me giddy. 

Same here!  It's the little things that count haha.  I also find that, for some of the more hidden switches on other figures, I only end up turning on very rarely out of laziness.

9 hours ago, Kuma Style said:

Thank you @sumyumgoy. I may honestly track this downat some point. YET another gorgeous picture.

Thanks again, happy to help!  I would love to see your shots and poses with it when you do.

3 hours ago, Alphahorizon said:

Thank you sir!  I hope it clears customs soon.  I ended up grabbing a Steel Legends Kshatriya and a Sinanju last night.  Now I gotta watch the anime to justify lol.  I'm still on the fence with the Sazabi...

Just now, sumyumgoy said:

Same here!  It's the little things that count haha.  I also find that, for some of the more hidden switches on other figures, I only end up turning on very rarely out of laziness.

Thanks again, happy to help!  I would love to see your shots and poses with it when you do.

Thank you sir!  I hope it clears customs soon.  I ended up grabbing a Steel Legends Kshatriya and a Sinanju last night.  Now I gotta watch the anime to justify lol.  I'm still on the fence with the Sazabi...

I got the Steel Legends Ksh. That was the first I ordered and am still waiting. I have 4 or 5 things from ShowZ in transit. Actually excited to get a few non Macross items in the collection.

When i started re collecting Macross o told myself " just Macross stuff for me." That didnt hold to long! I think that there are some enablers here! Honestly a free clean picts and I find myself justifying the additions.

3 minutes ago, Alphahorizon said:

I got the Steel Legends Ksh. That was the first I ordered and am still waiting. I have 4 or 5 things from ShowZ in transit. Actually excited to get a few non Macross items in the collection.

When i started re collecting Macross o told myself " just Macross stuff for me." That didnt hold to long! I think that there are some enablers here! Honestly a free clean picts and I find myself justifying the additions.

I started as Macross only. I now have more non Macross stuff.:shok:

4 hours ago, Kuma Style said:

@sumyumgoy I'm glad you mentioned the Steel Legend because that's definitely one I need to pull down and photograph. Stupid underrated but really wish it had the gattling guns.

It looks like guns may be in the works.  A ton of guns lol.  Hopefully it becomes a reality.

https://showzstore.com/pre-order-steel-legend-upgrade-kit-for-sl-01-nz-666-kshatriya_p1473.html

4 hours ago, Alphahorizon said:

No..no.. I will endure to maintain my.....

Oh look at that awesome robot! 

Piggy backing on what @sqidd said, resistance is futile haha.  It certainly is for me with all the beautiful shots everyone is sharing.  It's the dynamic poses that always get me.

5 hours ago, sumyumgoy said:

It looks like guns may be in the works.  A ton of guns lol.  Hopefully it becomes a reality.

https://showzstore.com/pre-order-steel-legend-upgrade-kit-for-sl-01-nz-666-kshatriya_p1473.html

Interesting, is that actually from Steel Legends?

If not, is it assembled/painted, or just raw plastic/resin?

Edited by Sanity is Optional

9 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Dont worry announced a year ago it will finally be ready to ship 2 years from now. Sort of like Toyworld and this 

WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS???

image.png.eb39b977e3e7d8b8be8ecdb8ffc7a029.png

I think MC just abandoned this 

Okay, full 3P Sazabi is in the house and it's not bad for a first time company. This is definitely, the MG + conversion kit with metal parts and really nice paint applications. After putting some bright lights on him the red is all painted. Most of the joints are sufficiently stiff, except the inner shoulder joints which are not strong enough to hold up the shield in some poses. The funnel pods sadly do not close all the way when the funnels are inserted. Plastic quality feels okay for the most part, but the side skirts are a little on the thin side for me. The backpack can pop-off when you're messing with the fuel tanks, but it stays on fine with mild- moderate handling. The LED in the mono-eye is red, but they give you an optional yellow LED, but you have to trim and solder the LED onto the toy if you want to switch them out. All of the panels open up like the MG and all of the insides are painted beautifully. Overall, this is a fine 1/100 Sazabi that you can pose occasionally and put with your other MBs or GFFMCs for the time being. Hopefully, the 2nd batch corrects the LED color and tightens up the backpack connection, funnel carton and the inner shoulder/ chest joint. 

IMG_20200120_172402.thumb.jpg.52f07e605359a492f7d43a451013f12c.jpg

IMG_20200120_172502.thumb.jpg.6adbc80853c06d6b77863d1fe2eda928.jpg

IMG_20200120_180947.thumb.jpg.15bee9a0986796cb495d84f79b652492.jpg

IMG_20200120_182600.thumb.jpg.1309ec378f19cc4207bd2637c30256e7.jpg

6 hours ago, sumyumgoy said:

I'd seen that. Even the proto pieces there don't look to have that same... omph? As the Metal Club add-ons. I'm hoping that if/when the project gets moving and finished pieces are soon they're a lot more attractive because it's a big, mean piece that I feel really deserves weaponry to match (like the Metal Club, ha.)

I also wish that this at least came with a stand adapter having the slot for it and all. One of those things that makes me want to just spring for a 3D printer and be done.

1 hour ago, SuperHobo said:

Okay, full 3P Sazabi is in the house and it's not bad for a first time company. This is definitely, the MG + conversion kit with metal parts and really nice paint applications. After putting some bright lights on him the red is all painted. Most of the joints are sufficiently stiff, except the inner shoulder joints which are not strong enough to hold up the shield in some poses. The funnel pods sadly do not close all the way when the funnels are inserted. Plastic quality feels okay for the most part, but the side skirts are a little on the thin side for me. The backpack can pop-off when you're messing with the fuel tanks, but it stays on fine with mild- moderate handling. The LED in the mono-eye is red, but they give you an optional yellow LED, but you have to trim and solder the LED onto the toy if you want to switch them out. All of the panels open up like the MG and all of the insides are painted beautifully. Overall, this is a fine 1/100 Sazabi that you can pose occasionally and put with your other MBs or GFFMCs for the time being. Hopefully, the 2nd batch corrects the LED color and tightens up the backpack connection, funnel carton and the inner shoulder/ chest joint.

That... Honestly makes it sound like a piece of garbage. I'm sad and massively anxious about having pre-ordered one. :unsure:

19 minutes ago, anime52k8 said:

That... Honestly makes it sound like a piece of garbage. I'm sad and massively anxious about having pre-ordered one. :unsure:

It's not a piece of garbage,  but it's not the definitive Sazabi I wanted it to be. Honestly, if there are no rumors of fixes for batch 2 then I would cancel to ease your anxiety. Believe me I have handled a piece of garbage before ( Megahouse's Hi-Spec Galvion was the biggest pile of transforming rubbish I've ever handled from a Japanese company). 

2 hours ago, SuperHobo said:

IMG_20200120_172402.thumb.jpg.52f07e605359a492f7d43a451013f12c.jpg

IMG_20200120_172502.thumb.jpg.6adbc80853c06d6b77863d1fe2eda928.jpg

IMG_20200120_180947.thumb.jpg.15bee9a0986796cb495d84f79b652492.jpg

IMG_20200120_182600.thumb.jpg.1309ec378f19cc4207bd2637c30256e7.jpg

Thats gorgeous 

Cuckanada sucks

Edited by slaginpit

31 minutes ago, SuperHobo said:

It's not a piece of garbage,  but it's not the definitive Sazabi I wanted it to be. Honestly, if there are no rumors of fixes for batch 2 then I would cancel to ease your anxiety. Believe me I have handled a piece of garbage before ( Megahouse's Hi-Spec Galvion was the biggest pile of transforming rubbish I've ever handled from a Japanese company). 

I truly agree on this. I have one and I don’t know what to do with it. :unsure:

If it makes anyone feel good, Tomemei’s Cita is probably more garbage than this Sinanju. ^_^ 

44 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I truly agree on this. I have one and I don’t know what to do with it. :unsure:

If it makes anyone feel good, Tomemei’s Cita is probably more garbage than this Sinanju. ^_^ 

I luckily bought the Galvion from Amazon and it went back OH SO FAST! 

41 minutes ago, Kuma Style said:

Isn't the 3p Sazabi a retool of the mastergrade with metal framing? If so I'd be pretty happy since I love my v.ka.

This is correct. Do you remember if your MG ver. ka had any weight issues holding up the shield? 

Apparently MC is doing a metal build ZZ Gundam? I can’t find it on Samueldecal or ShowZ to be sure. I just grabbed these photos from a retailer in my country. 

I heard horror stories about the Tomemei Zeta so I’m kinda cautious about any transforming metal build. I don’t have an MG ZZ so I’m not sure if it has a better or worse transformation  than the MG Zeta. MC is more reputable than Tomemei so I’m hoping it would be better but you never know.

F65E332C-97AD-41B5-986A-FBE73ADB3375.jpeg

67CB0553-4131-4B2A-ACD1-E5276C847212.jpeg

D32DD9F2-C335-4387-81AC-63465E3090F8.jpeg

5 hours ago, slaginpit said:

Dont worry announced a year ago it will finally be ready to ship 2 years from now. Sort of like Toyworld and this 

WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS???

image.png.eb39b977e3e7d8b8be8ecdb8ffc7a029.png

I think MC just abandoned this 

I just paid $8 for PO of this. I hope MC will deliver at some point.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the Sazabi @SuperHobo

11 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I wish I knew more, I came across it by chance just shopping for the Kshatriya.

10 hours ago, Kuma Style said:

I'd seen that. Even the proto pieces there don't look to have that same... omph? As the Metal Club add-ons. I'm hoping that if/when the project gets moving and finished pieces are soon they're a lot more attractive because it's a big, mean piece that I feel really deserves weaponry to match (like the Metal Club, ha.)

I also wish that this at least came with a stand adapter having the slot for it and all. One of those things that makes me want to just spring for a 3D printer and be done.

A stand adapter would be great.  I'm sure it would open up a lot of possibilities for posing.

7 hours ago, SuperHobo said:

This is correct. Do you remember if your MG ver. ka had any weight issues holding up the shield? 

Nope. Not a single issue on the piece at all, tbh. Is the 3P shield diecast?

-------------------------

@killatopak I'm sure MC will be making one if retailers say so but those pics I believe are of a really nice Plamo.

2 hours ago, Kuma Style said:

Nope. Not a single issue on the piece at all, tbh. Is the 3P shield diecast?

-------------------------

@killatopak I'm sure MC will be making one if retailers say so but those pics I believe are of a really nice Plamo.

The shield is all plastic, the inner shoulder joint was just not toleranced well enough and it looks a little difficult to take it apart to add some solution to tighten it. 

22 minutes ago, SuperHobo said:

The shield is all plastic, the inner shoulder joint was just not toleranced well enough and it looks a little difficult to take it apart to add some solution to tighten it. 

That's insanely, unfortunate. I appreciate your honesty but I have to admit I'm not nearly as excited for it.

19 hours ago, killatopak said:

Apparently MC is doing a metal build ZZ Gundam? I can’t find it on Samueldecal or ShowZ to be sure. I just grabbed these photos from a retailer in my country. 

I heard horror stories about the Tomemei Zeta so I’m kinda cautious about any transforming metal build. I don’t have an MG ZZ so I’m not sure if it has a better or worse transformation  than the MG Zeta. MC is more reputable than Tomemei so I’m hoping it would be better but you never know.

F65E332C-97AD-41B5-986A-FBE73ADB3375.jpeg

67CB0553-4131-4B2A-ACD1-E5276C847212.jpeg

D32DD9F2-C335-4387-81AC-63465E3090F8.jpeg

The zeta is atrociously bad. I watched the early video transformations and I said nah im cancelling my preord.

I think this will be MCs downfall. Best to stay away from Transforming gundams and let the Transformers do their thing

If this was static then that would be the route to go

As to Kuma's question The Sazabi is just the MG with some mods like the Booster engine, and other slight mods

I will be happy with it regardless. Im not sure what a "DEFINITIVE" Sazabi would be as the MG for a time was the "definitive Sazabi"

But if you look at MC's Ksh. That too was just a model kit that was atrocious....

Edited by slaginpit