The Third Party Gundam Thread

Their Aile Mecha Warrior is a superb figure. But the fig is so huge. I wish they will also consider making a proper Perfect Strike backpack to attach those Sword and Launcher Parts. I know it can be done on the existing Aile pack but my copy won't. Don't want to force nor risk trying it coz I might break it. And wish they would make Aegis as well. It's the other mecha that I will buy in that scale. ^_^

On 1/13/2020 at 6:45 PM, sumyumgoy said:

Got Poison Toy Cyclops today.  It is pretty amazing.  Finish is great, it's super poseable and the joints are crazy tight.  The only thing that I've noticed that I don't really fancy are the plastic covers for the thrusters but they are removable.  Also, the manual is non existent...

I'd definitely recommend it if you are on the fence.  Also, it's about 11 inches tall to the tip of the antenna and quite hefty. 

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200113193504427_COVER

Jesus....I think that this pic is the best I've seen yet at very least in terms of capturing the color. 

Bit the bullet and ordered my first 1/72 with that barbatos dragon looking thing.  Fingers crossed the quality is up there. 

1 hour ago, Kuma Style said:

Jesus....I think that this pic is the best I've seen yet at very least in terms of capturing the color. 

Bit the bullet and ordered my first 1/72 with that barbatos dragon looking thing.  Fingers crossed the quality is up there. 

Wow, thanks!  Too bad I couldn't influence you into getting one haha.  I wanted to return the favor for all your photos and reviews that have me buying left and right :lol:

Looking forward to your thoughts on the White Dragon.  I'm still on the fence with that one but the transformation looks cool.

I took another photo of the Kampfer this morning under just sunlight:

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200117093437011_COVER

On 1/9/2020 at 5:34 PM, FattyMoBookyButt said:

I wish they kept the head and gold-er gold from the original promo images, this one went more towards Power Rangers than I was hoping for. I think it still looks like a good figure but I'm not quite as hyped as I was before.

motor-nuclear-compare.png

Odd they changed the head. The original one didn't even look like a gundam.

9 hours ago, sumyumgoy said:

Wow, thanks!  Too bad I couldn't influence you into getting one haha.  I wanted to return the favor for all your photos and reviews that have me buying left and right :lol:

Looking forward to your thoughts on the White Dragon.  I'm still on the fence with that one but the transformation looks cool.

I took another photo of the Kampfer this morning under just sunlight:

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200117093437011_COVER

You know...if it weren't for the scale I would've searched it ina heartbeat seeing that pic if I hadn't before. That's just a lot of real estate for a one off...

With the dragon guy though I figured if it doesn't look right as a mobile suit on display I've got a freaking huge mecha dragon to display instead, lmao.

1 hour ago, killatopak said:

Is the MB Sazabi fully painted?

the review I have seen makes it look like only some parts are painted while mostly are still bare plastic.

I'm unsure if the all of the red surfaces are painted, at the very least it's probably top coated with a semi-matte top coat. There is a ton of detailed paint on this guy and the 1/2 of him that I have looks good in person. 

On 1/16/2020 at 11:50 PM, SuperHobo said:

I got my first half of Sazabi in today. So far what joints I could mess with are tight. Tampo-printing is good, but could be a little sharper. Paint is crisp and well-applied. Plastic quality feels good, not too thin, not overly thick. LED works just fine. Hopefully, when I get part 2 and put him all together he'll be great. 

Just asking because I bought from show-z that shipped with two tracking numbers, does it come in two different packages?

35 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

That was fast. Sinanju is already sold out. I'll wait for your guys review and feedback on it. 

I paid $2 to get in the queue, hopefully I stand a chance to get this if the review turn out good (I have seen a pre production review that looks really good, so very likely I will want this).

43 minutes ago, F360 said:

Wow , price went up a bit to $179 .

i hope it’s not a 1 run deal . ;)

I hope it's as good as it looks and as good as what I've seen in video reviews. It seems like they make sure that when doing any video reviews, that thier copy is super right on the joints. Then reports of loose joints start popping up.

51 minutes ago, Alphahorizon said:

I hope it's as good as it looks and as good as what I've seen in video reviews. It seems like they make sure that when doing any video reviews, that thier copy is super right on the joints. Then reports of loose joints start popping up.

Yeah , normally for 3rd party or ko stuff , I will wait for normal reviews before making purchase.  Unless it’s Moshow ,because their QC is pretty consistent.    MC is normally pretty good too.

10 hours ago, Kuma Style said:

@sumyumgoy How does the paint seem to hold up with play? Any signs of chipping and the like?

It's been good, no chipping yet.  It's just my guess, but i think the plastic is molded in blue and then top-coated.  I take that back, looks like it's painted.  You can tell from the butt thrusters on mine that the blue didn't get applied evenly and some silver is showing.  Everything else looks ok though.

Also, few things I noticed when trying to do some poses:

• The Sinanju style sleeves get in the way sometimes with holding some weapons like the bazooka.  I removed them for some poses.
  • Fingers are too thick to fit through the handle of the grenade launchers.
  • Light bleed from the eye led through the forehead.

MVIMG_20200119_204242_2-01.thumb.jpeg.371e5f1a5a5b3738002c286a0cfdb78f.jpeg

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200119211819214_COVER-01.thumb.jpeg.214480a30df90cb341b7189652106003.jpeg

Edited by sumyumgoy

1 hour ago, sumyumgoy said:

It's been good, no chipping yet.  It's just my guess, but i think the plastic is molded in blue and then top-coated.  I take that back, looks like it's painted.  You can tell from the butt thrusters on mine that the blue didn't get applied evenly and some silver is showing.  Everything else looks ok though.

Also, few things I noticed when trying to do some poses:

• The Sinanju style sleeves get in the way sometimes with holding some weapons like the bazooka.  I removed them for some poses.
  • Fingers are too thick to fit through the handle of the grenade launchers.
  • Light bleed from the eye led through the forehead.

MVIMG_20200119_204242_2-01.thumb.jpeg.371e5f1a5a5b3738002c286a0cfdb78f.jpeg

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200119211819214_COVER-01.thumb.jpeg.214480a30df90cb341b7189652106003.jpeg

I still think it's so cool that the LED switch for the mono-eye is the head fin and how it replicates the anime. Touches like that always make me giddy. 

This is probably a very dumb (and overly concerned) question, but what kind of paints do these third-parties use? I'm concerned about lead paints being used (which is something that's obviously not a concern with Bandai products). 

Again, apologies if this is dumb, but I'm not well educated on the subject....

1 hour ago, Archer said:

This is probably a very dumb (and overly concerned) question, but what kind of paints do these third-parties use? I'm concerned about lead paints being used (which is something that's obviously not a concern with Bandai products). 

Again, apologies if this is dumb, but I'm not well educated on the subject....

Since it’s coming from China, I will not rule out that they’re not using.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/325473878_Lead-based_paint_in_children's_toys_sold_on_China's_major_online_shopping_platforms