The Third Party Gundam Thread

17 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

So it’s a third party practice to always have a 2nd batch release with fixes?

So that means don’t preorder the first batch, yes?

That used to be my general rule for third party toys, especially for new companies. But since it's Sazabi I jumped the gun. I checked another review and it looks like the inner shoulder joint will have some weight issues. Hopefully, that could be easily remedied. 

56 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Looks like i just learned my first 3rd Party lesson...........booooooooo

I wouldn't take it too hard. The issues mentioned above don't sound too bad. No major breakages so that's good. I think as long as I can tighten the inner shoulder joint with some superglue/ floor polish, I should be satisfied. 

Edited by SuperHobo

2 minutes ago, SuperHobo said:

I wouldn't take it too hard. The issues mentioned above don't sound too bad. No major breakages so that's good. I think as long as I can tighten the inner shoulder joint with some superglue/ floor polish, I should be satisfied. 

I haven't receive my shipping notification yet on this Sazabi. But if ever, this is going to be my second experience for getting a figure that has some issues from a new 3P company. The first one was the Zeta one, which I think has more issues than the Sazabi. And there were no signs of Zeta getting a 2nd batch release that has fixes since the current release already went for discount at ShowZ. Atleast there's a good chance that Sazabi can be fix during the 2nd batch release.

The Metal Club Freedom is going to get released soon. I know Metal Club already have a good reputation on these KO stuff. However, I prefer what WuMing did on their Freedom, design-wise. Which I just bought a 2nd batch version just last week. Hope it's not going to have loose joints nor any issues again from the first batch release.

WuMing
https://ggmara.blogspot.com/2019/03/blog-post_22.html

Metal Club
https://ggmara.blogspot.com/2020/01/mc-1100_11.html

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

The Metal Club Freedom is going to get released soon. I know Metal Club already have a good reputation on these KO stuff. However, I prefer what WuMing did on their Freedom, design-wise. Which I just bought a 2nd batch version just last week. Hope it's not going to have loose joints nor any issues again from the first batch release.

WuMing

Metal Club

I'm trying to wait Freedom v2 from Bandai and don't buy these KO (honestly, both of them looking great). And It will be funny if Bandai v2 release will be worst 3p China:D

3 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

WuMing

Metal Club

Share us the feedback if they are ever improved. WuMing was using the superior model, a Resin Kit for the 2.0 Freedom. Unfortunately. there are a lot of QC problem, they even had to scrap the whole first batch due to how bad the pre-prod review. Unfortunately, first batch to market is still bad.

5 hours ago, SuperHobo said:

I'm not real concerned. I knew I was gambling. And maybe with some fine tuning it can work for me. I don't play, only display, so it probably won't be a big deal.

Looks like the real problem is going to be the need for a turntable for this guy. Man, the back side looks just as good as the front!:good:

6 hours ago, doomgart said:

I'm trying to wait Freedom v2 from Bandai and don't buy these KO (honestly, both of them looking great). And It will be funny if Bandai v2 release will be worst 3p China:D

Actually, I totally forgot about the teased Metal Build Freedom Ver.2 from Bandai. If Bandai is going to follow the style of what they did with their Master Grade ver.2 kit, then I will be fine. It's also one of the reason why I chose WuMing over Metal Club since the latter is using that p3nis-looking Balaena Cannons. And second, I also didn't like its trident-effect looking when the cannons gets extended like the MG kit.

But who knows. Maybe I'm going to like the MB ver.2 design. We weill see. ;)  

5 hours ago, chyll2 said:

Share us the feedback if they are ever improved. WuMing was using the superior model, a Resin Kit for the 2.0 Freedom. Unfortunately. there are a lot of QC problem, they even had to scrap the whole first batch due to how bad the pre-prod review. Unfortunately, first batch to market is still bad.

Will do, @chyll2. But I don't have the first batch to compare it too. I'll just base it on what I'm going to receive. ^_^ 

10 hours ago, SuperHobo said:

Man, the packaging for SInanju is looking pretty "garage kit" like and back alley level of quality. 

https://ggmara.blogspot.com/2020/01/1100_13.html

Normally I toss the packaging so it really doesnt matter to me if it makes the final product that much cheaper and puts more money into QC. But frakk this was almost 200US. That is not acceptable.

6 hours ago, chyll2 said:

the WuMing does the base light up

crap i hate this collecting business. I looked at the Metal Club. I have the kysh with which is good quality the shoulder on the left is starting to sag a bit, nothing than a little nail polish could fix. 

I looked at my aged Metal Build Bandai Freedom looked at the Metal Club looked back the Bandai and said frakk it. I used my premium points and bit the wallet. Cei La Vie wallet. I hated you anyways

9 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

WuMing

Metal Club

What is it you actually prefer for the WuMing?

8 minutes ago, JakCrow said:

What is it you actually prefer for the WuMing?

5 posts ago. ;) 

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Actually, I totally forgot about the teased Metal Build Freedom Ver.2 from Bandai. If Bandai is going to follow the style of what they did with their Master Grade ver.2 kit, then I will be fine. It's also one of the reason why I chose WuMing over Metal Club since the latter is using that p3nis-looking Balaena Cannons. And second, I also didn't like its trident-effect looking when the cannons gets extended like the MG kit.

Will do, @chyll2. But I don't have the first batch to compare it too. I'll just base it on what I'm going to receive. ^_^ 

8 minutes ago, slaginpit said:

the legs look better on the Metal Club...

You have both?

Let's just say that here's other stuff on the WuMing figure that I like more than the Metal Club. The only thing I'm thinking now is that since this is my first WuMing figure, I wish that it's not a let down. :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

According the experience of MB line i hope that Bandai will ignore MG line and will made own design for Freedom v2. And maybe it will be close to these 3p Metal Build figures, who knows?

Anyway, last time there are too many 3p figures for me - Kshatriya, Sazabi, Sinanju, maybe Nu...

Edited by doomgart