The Third Party Gundam Thread

Easy pass for me. I wasn’t a fan of the official BNarts release and a KO probably wouldn’t change that unless there was drastic material changes - namely less exposed diecast and a matte finish. 

Actually... it might be a maybe for the right price since I’d feel less precious about completely matte spraying a KO to get the desired look as opposed to the official one. 

On 12/21/2019 at 12:46 PM, eggy99 said:

Easy pass for me. I wasn’t a fan of the official BNarts release and a KO probably wouldn’t change that unless there was drastic material changes - namely less exposed diecast and a matte finish. 

Actually... it might be a maybe for the right price since I’d feel less precious about completely matte spraying a KO to get the desired look as opposed to the official one. 

Which thing are you talking about?:huh:

On 12/21/2019 at 2:46 PM, eggy99 said:

I'd love to see your results with that because I've tried matte spraying pre assembled, gloss pieces before and it did nothing at all.

On 12/24/2019 at 12:07 PM, Kuma Style said:

I'd love to see your results with that because I've tried matte spraying pre assembled, gloss pieces before and it did nothing at all.

Interesting. I’ve never tried it myself. Perhaps the gloss coating already applied to the piece inhibits the matte spray from adhering to the surface. 

I know there are members here who have successfully matte sprayed their DX Frontier valks, but those are gloss molded as opposed to coated, although their are some painted gloss parts on the DX Frontier valks. *shrug*

22 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Has anyone seen this or have one? Curious if it would be a good alternative to the official release and avoiding paying 50000 yen.

https://showzstore.com/metal-club-1-100-mg-xxxg-00w0-wing-gundam-zero-endless-waltz-ver_p1920.html

The 666 Kshatriya they make gets good reviews. And at $130 it's hard to go wrong. I'm not paying 50K for a Bandai either. I PO'd one.

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Has anyone seen this or have one? Curious if it would be a good alternative to the official release and avoiding paying 50000 yen.

https://showzstore.com/metal-club-1-100-mg-xxxg-00w0-wing-gundam-zero-endless-waltz-ver_p1920.html

2 hours ago, sqidd said:

The 666 Kshatriya they make gets good reviews. And at $130 it's hard to go wrong. I'm not paying 50K for a Bandai either. I PO'd one.

I'd wait and see. The Kshatriya was their design (figure not the character). This one is a KO of the Wing Zero. Given that they're copying it and the figure has a lot of moving parts, it might not end up as expected. 

37 minutes ago, crackpot said:

I'd wait and see. The Kshatriya was their design (figure not the character). This one is a KO of the Wing Zero. Given that they're copying it and the figure has a lot of moving parts, it might not end up as expected. 

I already rolled the dice. I'll let you know how it turns out.:D

6 hours ago, Lolicon said:

I have zero, I have snow white on preorder, and yet I still kind of want this. I think I might have a problem. 

31 minutes ago, JakCrow said:

You got notified for the kampfer? I have a PO in for it and I haven't been notified yet.

I got notifications to pay for those two. I'm assuming that means that they're getting ready to ship. I've never had a Show Z PO before. IDK.

26 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I got notifications to pay for those two. I'm assuming that means that they're getting ready to ship. I've never had a Show Z PO before. IDK.

Most likely both of these are coming in stock some time soon. I didn't get notified for Kampfer yet, but that's probably because I could be in the 2nd batch of pre-orders. I knew Sazabi is coming soon, but not this soon :lol:. Going to have to figure out how to pay for all of this. 

1 minute ago, SuperHobo said:

Most likely both of these are coming in stock some time soon. I didn't get notified for Kampfer yet, but that's probably because I could be in the 2nd batch of pre-orders. I knew Sazabi is coming soon, but not this soon :lol:. Going to have to figure out how to pay for all of this. 

When did you PO your Kampfer?

6 minutes ago, SuperHobo said:

I put in my PO as soon as the news went up about the kampfer. I'll check with them just in case.

2 minutes ago, Valkyrie Hunter D said:

I wonder if one of these enterprising companies will try to one-up on the Metal Structure Nu since Bandai has revealed their hand.

Sigh I already mentioned its coming....in two different scales. Hold your panties

Edited by slaginpit

1 minute ago, SuperHobo said:

As long as I can get a MB-like 1/100 Nu Gundam to go with this recent Sazabi, I won't have any panties left. 

1/72 and 1/100

AND Kudos to MOSHO er I mean Poison toys. crap in less than 3 months bang its out. How long ago did ToyWorld announce and show their TLK Optimus Prime?