The Third Party Gundam Thread

1 hour ago, JakCrow said:

Here's a quick run down of what happened to Moshow. Needless to say, the 1/72 Strike got Bandai's attention.

https://ggmara.blogspot.com/2018/11/2017.html

Well damn.... I'm even more glad to own their Strike gundam. The quality blew me away for such a new company and it's pretty interesting they split into several different companies to still put out 3P high-end gundam products, bless them for it. I never liked the idea of one company solely owning a property and the being the only one to produce product for that franchise. 

On 9/18/2019 at 5:07 PM, SuperHobo said:

Well damn.... I'm even more glad to own their Strike gundam. The quality blew me away for such a new company and it's pretty interesting they split into several different companies to still put out 3P high-end gundam products, bless them for it. I never liked the idea of one company solely owning a property and the being the only one to produce product for that franchise. 

I was able to buy a 2nd one for cheap at a con to use with the Striker packs, before the price climbed into the $500s range. The QAN[T} is also a great figure and as good or better than Bandai's release. And the Buster is just fantastic. I was amazed how they were able to produce a 2nd 1/72 figure that one-upped their Strike

6 hours ago, badboy00z said:

Has anyone built the Super Nova Wing Zero Custom kit? How's the quality compared to Bandai's? 

I have it, but I haven't built it yet. Prime992 on youtube has. It's an unusual combination of the GFFMC version as far as the wings go, and a very customized body since most of it doesn't really match up with the MG or HiRM Wing Zero Custom kits.

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, David Hingtgen said:

So, I just got the most-recent re-release of Supernova Sandrock, and this is the box:

(Also, I'm not super-fond of how the HiRM Wing Zero build is going, I may buy the Supernova or RG version, for my "best Wing Zero")

Yep. I wasn't too impressed with the HiRM Wing Zero either. Especially the number of parts that are barely held on by friction.

So got the DL(?) red GN shield kit last week and the SNOW(?) white GN shield kit this week, both for the MB Astraea figures. I haven't put them together yet, but one of the Chinese gunpla builders has a video for the DL kits. I got mine for $30 each including shipping at the time. Samueldecal.com still has the DL kits in stock, but his shipping can be a bit high, and the SNOW kits can be found on ebay and aliexpress

39 minutes ago, JakCrow said:

So got the DL(?) red GN shield kit last week and the SNOW(?) white GN shield kit this week, both for the MB Astraea figures. I haven't put them together yet, but one of the Chinese gunpla builders has a video for the DL kits. I got mine for $30 each including shipping at the time. Samueldecal.com still has the DL kits in stock, but his shipping can be a bit high, and the SNOW kits can be found on ebay and aliexpress

Hey!

How they looks? Do you have GN gun or only shields? I thinking about two red GN guns for my Astraea and not sure that these kits has similar as Astraea quality.

21 hours ago, doomgart said:

Hey!

How they looks? Do you have GN gun or only shields? I thinking about two red GN guns for my Astraea and not sure that these kits has similar as Astraea quality.

I haven't put mine together yet. I have the red shield only kit and the white kit that includes the GN mega launcher. I can say that the colors are good for their applications. You will need to apply water slides though so that's something to keep in mind

9 hours ago, JakCrow said:

I haven't put mine together yet. I have the red shield only kit and the white kit that includes the GN mega launcher. I can say that the colors are good for their applications. You will need to apply water slides though so that's something to keep in mind

Ou, do you have both MB Astraeas?

I watched the videos and readed a few reviews. The set looks a bit different from original, but its close to original by visual form. So, interesting to know, how it will be looking togheter.

Can you please make the photos of MB Astraea with genue and 3p shields and shields itself?

On 10/19/2019 at 1:42 PM, JakCrow said:

Would they fit on the real metal build ? Or only on their metal build model kits ?

8 hours ago, JakCrow said:

I ordered the MC SF Soul Blue and it shipped on Monday. Hopefully I'll get it next week.

i got this one, the leg joint is fk tight, it's my first mb so i don't want ttry it so hard though, some gaps at the backpack, a few dust & scratch, v-fin was bent ( not very much )

19-97.png

Quick take on the Daban Wings of Light set.

- First thing is that even though they're advertised as being compatible with the official Metal Build, it's not 100% in particular the part that plugs into the stand. The hexagon hole is cut at a different axis than the peg on the stand meaning that there's no way to plug it in straight up and down. I ended up dremeling out the hexagon shape on the adapter's hole which let me put it on straight but forfeited the exact fit that having the hexagon shape provided and automatic tightness that went along with it. The means how some balancing has to be done as it can begin to tilt one way or another if not.

I'm guessing the stand that comes with the knockoff strike freedom has a different hexagon axis for the peg itself because there'd be no other reason for this.

- The Wings themselves look alright, but they're a solid, thick plastic vs. the more thin and pliable style of the official making them a bit heavy. 

- The hold pieces for the funnels (the L shaped ones) don't peg in as tightly as they should into the adapter piece making the funnels begin to tilt downwards at times. Some polish can probably resolve this but I haven't had time to check.

Overall it "gets the job done" but doesn't really do it well. Obviously the price difference between this and what the official  Wings set go for is very much so in favor of this version but I feel I'll eventually buy the legitimate just because of the general quality. Personally I say take the 40-50 that this costs, put it aside, and start a saving towards the official set.

13 hours ago, Kuma Style said:

19-97.png

Quick take on the Daban Wings of Light set.

- First thing is that even though they're advertised as being compatible with the official Metal Build, it's not 100% in particular the part that plugs into the stand. The hexagon hole is cut at a different axis than the peg on the stand meaning that there's no way to plug it in straight up and down. I ended up dremeling out the hexagon shape on the adapter's hole which let me put it on straight but forfeited the exact fit that having the hexagon shape provided and automatic tightness that went along with it. The means how some balancing has to be done as it can begin to tilt one way or another if not.

I'm guessing the stand that comes with the knockoff strike freedom has a different hexagon axis for the peg itself because there'd be no other reason for this.

- The Wings themselves look alright, but they're a solid, thick plastic vs. the more thin and pliable style of the official making them a bit heavy. 

- The hold pieces for the funnels (the L shaped ones) don't peg in as tightly as they should into the adapter piece making the funnels begin to tilt downwards at times. Some polish can probably resolve this but I haven't had time to check.

Overall it "gets the job done" but doesn't really do it well. Obviously the price difference between this and what the official  Wings set go for is very much so in favor of this version but I feel I'll eventually buy the legitimate just because of the general quality. Personally I say take the 40-50 that this costs, put it aside, and start a saving towards the official set.

nice, this made me wonder if the dragon momoko's wing of light will fit bandai/mc metal build destiny.

• 2 weeks later...