The Third Party Gundam Thread

23 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Hey @kajnrig. To answer your question, yes, in MS mode, it really resembles the MG Zeta 2.0. However, inner frame-wise, it's not a direct copy nor a recast of the MG inner frame. IMO, they kind of simplify how complex the MG inner frame kit is when it transforms. I compared how the Tomemei locks from the MG Zeta 2.0 photos I found at Dalong since I don't have my kits here in the US.

The MG locks betters due to small clips, tabs and whatnot which the Tomemei doesn't. So both modes of Tomemei suffers unless we need to fix or tighten the joints. But since they all moves, swings, and folds, the joints are all with pins. So it's not going to be easy to tighten it up like if the joints have screws. The only way I could think of is to use a drop of Superglue and move it until it hardens a little bit.

I do agree with what no3Ljm says but i would also add that it almost looked like a KA version to me. It has few more panel lines and some more coulors separation. Just a couple of details more though, nothing too different. I would also say that it looked slightly smaller than the MG. Like a sort of 114 scale. What do you think @no3Ljm do you agree with me or i am just seeing things?

13 minutes ago, Ryoma said:

I do agree with what no3Ljm says but i would also add that it almost looked like a KA version to me. It has few more panel lines and some more coulors separation. Just a couple of details more though, nothing too different. I would also say that it looked slightly smaller than the MG. Like a sort of 114 scale. What do you think @no3Ljm do you agree with me or i am just seeing things?

Regarding scale? I don't have my MG Zeta 2.0 here so I won't be able to compare. As for the color and details such as decals, then yeah, it felt a little bit of Katoki-ish. ;) 

I received the FunHobby/Metal Heart Metal Build Blue Destiny Unit 02 figure  yesterday. The figure is nice and heavy and appears to have a good amount of die-cast content. It comes with a lot of accessories, including an extra GM head. The dual color LED gimmick is nice and is powered by a built in rechargeable battery charged with a USB cable, which should be the norm for MB figures with LED gimmicks IMO. The chipmunk-like voice for the EXAM system is silly, but I realize that's really how it's supposed to sound.  So far my only complaints are the shoulder joints are a little loose most likely because they're made of a polycap-like plastic, but can probably be fixed, a couple plastic parts appear to be missing glue so I'll need to glue them, and the beam rifle looks a little small for the figure. For the sub $100 price, it's totally worth it.

55 minutes ago, JakCrow said:

I've also ended up ordering the MC Gold Frame w/ missile launcher.

Hope you will post here some photo and write about quality. Do you have Red/Blue Frames from China?

52 minutes ago, doomgart said:

Hope you will post here some photo and write about quality. Do you have Red/Blue Frames from China?

I have both MC Red and Blue Frames. Other than a printing error on the Red Frame, they're both just fine, and as far as their prices go, they can't be beat. For anyone looking to get the MB Red Frame's flight pack, you can just get the MC Red Frame which comes with the flight pack for $100USD, which is cheaper than buying the Bandai flight pack by itself. :D

I don't expect any problems with the Green and Gold Frames.

3 hours ago, JakCrow said:

I have both MC Red and Blue Frames. Other than a printing error on the Red Frame, they're both just fine, and as far as their prices go, they can't be beat. For anyone looking to get the MB Red Frame's flight pack, you can just get the MC Red Frame which comes with the flight pack for $100USD, which is cheaper than buying the Bandai flight pack by itself. :D

I don't expect any problems with the Green and Gold Frames.

Hm, have you Red/Blue/Gold from Bandai to compare? Has the Blue any errors?

Edited by doomgart

31 minutes ago, doomgart said:

Hm, have you Red/Blue/Gold from Bandai to compare? Has the Blue any errors?

The MC Blue Frame's armor is a straight white, while the Bandai original has a slight blue-ish tint to it. You probably would only notice it if you put the two next to each other. Other than that, I'd say they're pretty close in quality. In the case of the flight pack for the Red Frame, I think the MC one is better because it has tighter joints while still feeling like it's made of the same quality plastic.

The new MC Gold Frame is the pre-Amatsu-Mina version. The MC Amatsu-Mina is coming at a later date.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000032897462.html

Edited by JakCrow

Has anyone bought any of the Metal Soldier Zaku figures? Apparently the review copies has some paint issues, but that was supposed to have been fixed for the retail release. They look pretty good, and they have a clever implementation for mounting the missile launchers using magnets.

53 minutes ago, JakCrow said:

Has anyone bought any of the Metal Soldier Zaku figures? Apparently the review copies has some paint issues, but that was supposed to have been fixed for the retail release. They look pretty good, and they have a clever implementation for mounting the missile launchers using magnets.

Mine come yesterday. On the box was specified "not for selling":D I bought it from Ebay.

It is impressive figure, there are solid joints, good articulations, only a few nubmarks. And yes, there are some paintissues. But, almost on all of my MB figures are similar paint issues from the box.

There are some tricks which i didn't note from reviews:

the eye inside the helmet, which can rotate;

Spoiler

IMG_20190819_163802.jpg

fully articulated hands;

Spoiler

IMG_20190819_175528.jpg

Edited by doomgart

1 hour ago, JakCrow said:

Unfortunately the Date Masamune Gundam has loose hip joints in reviews. Which makes no sense since it has ratched knee joints that could have been used in the hips too.

oh man that sucks!

Maybe the second batch will be fixed

Anyone get the Zeta? Im curious what that is like. Initially I wanted it but so how plain it looked. Like a model and MBs should not look like a model

10 minutes ago, slaginpit said:

Anyone get the Zeta? Im curious what that is like. Initially I wanted it but so how plain it looked. Like a model and MBs should not look like a model

You talking about the Tomemei toy? Last page or two we talked about it a bit. Some highlights:

On 7/24/2019 at 2:49 PM, Ryoma said:

Well, i really like it so far! The joints are not floppy at all, it feels very solid and very posable. Way more than my 2.0 MG (which i love anyway). The only joint that seems just a bit loose is the one that connects the left leg to the waist. Nothing too serious but it seems just a bit more loose than the others. Very good level of details too, with the right amount of tampos and panel lines. My only complaint is the head which seems not to have as many details as the other parts of the body. I am still debating wether to panel line it or not...will let you know about that. I was planning to transform it tonight but i have a super headache so will probably postpone everything to tomorrow night. I will definitely give you and update about that too.

On 8/1/2019 at 5:49 PM, Ryoma said:

Oh man, i take everything back...please don't buy this piece of c..p.

I tried to transform it tonight and well, i failed miserably. And i have been transforming Variable fighter since 2001...so i think i can say i have a little bit of experience with this kind of toys. It's a floppy mess, parts don't fit, joints became loose all of sudden...it just falls apart not matter what you do. Plus, now it has scratches all over and even if i could transform it back to MS mode it's not gonna look good. Last time i buy a third party toy. So upset right now.

On 8/2/2019 at 6:52 AM, Ryoma said:

Just keep it in Mobile suit mode. It looks cool, sort of a KA version of 2.0 MG. Slightly smaller scale than the other 1/100 MS. I did another attempt this morning and i feel i am almost there, but still not happy about the look and the overall feeling. Gonna post pictures later on, i promise. 

On 8/7/2019 at 4:36 AM, no3Ljm said:

So I finally able to open my Tomemei Cita (Zeta Gundam) today. I've got to confirm what @Ryoma posted a few days were all true. Don't get me wrong though. I really like what I'm seeing here. A good clean finish. Though it can easily get rub from painted areas during transformation. The remedy I can think of is that to use a white 'Staedler' eraser to remove those paint rubs. Also, if only all the joints are tight esp on the crotch mechanism area, it would've been nice. Wish they also added extra locking tabs in between mode so it would line up everything during transformation.

All in all, I'm not upset about the purchase. But it's true that of all the 3P Gundam Metal figures that I bought, this is the weakest one. But it doesn't stop me from wishing they would make a White Unicorn unit in the future with some fixes. :)

On 8/21/2019 at 9:53 PM, slaginpit said:

Escaflowne 2.0 anyone

109cf2a285.jpg

dfc5bf7ba9.jpg

I really like how they blended the Orphans Frame with the Musha Gundams and Sengoku Basara. Brill ant!

63140646a1.jpg

d3e0821831.jpg.500x500.jpg

Really NOT a fan of these sort of designs.

Still hoping one day for a third party Xeku Eins and Xeku Zwei to round out my Gundam Sentinel collection.

13 hours ago, Graham said:

Really NOT a fan of these sort of designs.

Still hoping one day for a third party Xeku Eins and Xeku Zwei to round out my Gundam Sentinel collection.

I'm kinda digging the Dragon King Gundam figures.

I'm not sure where someone thought up creating Musha Gundam style figures by combining IBO Gundams with characters from Sengoku Basara. The reviews of the Date Masamune Gundam were mostly good except for the loose hip joints, which is unfortunate since they smartly used ratchet joints in several other joints, except for the hips.

Edited by JakCrow

On 8/21/2019 at 1:30 PM, kajnrig said:

You talking about the Tomemei toy? Last page or two we talked about it a bit. Some highlights:

Hide contents

Oh good gawd, yeah Im glad I cancelled my order, when I saw how weird that early transformation video was and probably a company engineer or rep. I was like yeah Im out And it seemed just way to clean. It didnt have that MB luster we all come to expect. Certainly no MC or SL i will review the Exia steroid version. Good God that thing is a mess but its nice. Also some others. Stay Tuned

33 minutes ago, JakCrow said:

I'm kinda digging the Dragon King Gundam figures.

I'm not sure where someone thought up creating Musha Gundam style figures by combining IBO Gundams with characters from Sengoku Basara. The reviews of the Date Masamune Gundam were mostly good except for the loose hip joints, which is unfortunate since they smartly used ratchet joints in several other joints, except for the hips.

I think the second batch will be fixed. I will do the red for review for you guys

Today i receive my Astraya Type F with Exp set. It is amazing figure and parts!

And i found the 3P addon with GN launcher here

Maybe someone had found this kit on Aliepress or anothers shops? Unfortunatly I can't find it and if you found it somewhere please post link here:)

15 hours ago, doomgart said:

Today i receive my Astraya Type F with Exp set. It is amazing figure and parts!

And i found the 3P addon with GN launcher here

Maybe someone had found this kit on Aliepress or anothers shops? Unfortunatly I can't find it and if you found it somewhere please post link here:)

Samuel Decals is talking pre-order for the shield sets but his shipping charges are ridiculous 

On 8/31/2019 at 5:31 AM, JakCrow said:

I received my MC Gold Frame today. The gold finish is really nice. Some of the early photos made it look like it was going to be yellow or orange but it came out perfectly.

Spoiler

20190830_185727.jpg20190830_185920.jpg20190830_191225.jpg20190830_191303.jpg20190830_191330.jpg

Congratulation! Its looking nice and similar to original with precision details!

Do you have the mb mina to compare the tone of gold colour?

Thank you for the information about samueldecal, i will check it. Hope there will be GN Launcher too.

Edited by doomgart

• 2 weeks later...