The Third Party Gundam Thread

1 hour ago, slaginpit said:

that looks like a hot mess

It looks like you can get something, what Bandai didn't release yet and nobody know, will Banday release this for MB Astray or not in the future. And here is the opportunity to reproduce the Astray Red Dragon, and i'm happy with it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/1/2019 at 1:14 PM, no3Ljm said:

Today I got a package from ShowZ. I've been waiting for that Metal Club XN-Raiser for days. When I picked up my package from our office mailroom, the white plain box is all banged up. It was just wrapped with bubble wrap, wrapped taped in black plastic, with hard plastic corners to protect the box, which I think didn't help that much since these 3P boxes were using thin cardboards. To make it worse, instead of the XN-Raiser, I got the Metal Club 00 Raiser which I already have. :unsure:

Anyways, I already emailed them about it. Hope they reply soon. Anyone here had an experience with ShowZ regarding their customer service?

On the other news though while I'm browsing ShowZ for their contact info, I stumbled on this: https://showzstore.com/pre-order-storm-baofeng-model-1-144-gundam-sentinel-msa-0011ext-msa0011-ex-s-exs-mg-gundam-deep-striker-red-version_p1365.html

Ex-S_Gundam_DeepStriker-color.jpg.3bb03383b1818638e27064caf3b04db6.jpg

The ShowZ red EX-S Gundam figure arrived. Here's a couple of crappy phone pics of it with my Bandai Gundam Sentinel Metal Robot Spirits toys.

And yes, it is an exact copy of the Bandai EX-S Gundam Robot Spririts toy, apart from the coloration.

My only complaint with the ShowZ version is the Back Boosters, crotch armour and chest I-field generator can come off a bit easily when handling the toy.

20190703_065155_resized.jpg

20190703_065206_resized.jpg

On 7/3/2019 at 1:24 AM, Graham said:

The ShowZ red EX-S Gundam figure arrived. Here's a couple of crappy phone pics of it with my Bandai Gundam Sentinel Metal Robot Spirits toys.

And yes, it is an exact copy of the Bandai EX-S Gundam Robot Spririts toy, apart from the coloration.

My only complaint with the ShowZ version is the Back Boosters, crotch armour and chest I-field generator can come off a bit easily when handling the toy.

20190703_065155_resized.jpg

20190703_065206_resized.jpg

Hey Graham. Nice Sentinel collection. :good:

How’s the build so far compared to the originals? And the joints much tighter? That’s one thing I kind of like with these 3P ones, the tights are tighter. Not like with the originals that sometimes out of the box, the joints are already loose.

On 7/7/2019 at 2:59 AM, no3Ljm said:

Hey Graham. Nice Sentinel collection. :good:

How’s the build so far compared to the originals? And the joints much tighter? That’s one thing I kind of like with these 3P ones, the tights are tighter. Not like with the originals that sometimes out of the box, the joints are already loose.

Luckily my Bandai Metal Robot Spirits S Gundam, Ex-S Gundam and Z-Plus C-1 toys all have pretty tight joints. No floppiness so far.

The non-metal Robot Spirits  toys in my Gundam Sentinel collection, including FAZZ Gundam, 2x Nero, 1x Nero Trainer and 1x EWAC Nero all have fairly loose hip joints.  The Neros all tend to want to do the splits, so you have to pose them carefully. The Gundam MK-V and Refined Barzam joints are still tight.

The Show Z red EX-Gundam's joints are all pretty tight, similar to the Bandai joints. However, the booster connection is not as secure so the whole backpack can be knocked off fairly easily during handling. Also, the crotch armour and chest armour (I-field generator) do not attach as securely as on the Bandai originals.

3 hours ago, Numbninja said:

Are the out now?

The Motor Nuclear 1/72 figures? Those are still on preorder with an estimate release in Q3 2019 as per product pages at Show Z when I checked them.

While browsing for the items above, besides the Blue Destiny, Show Z has the Steel Legends Kshatriya for sale at $199.99 from $279.99.

https://showzstore.com/steel-legend-1-100-sl-01-sl01-nz-666-kshatriya-gundam-unicorn-metal-build-style_p0923.html

The 00 XN-Raiser is also on sale for $121.43 from $137.99.

https://showzstore.com/metal-club-mc-metalgearmodels-xn00r-mg-1-100-00-xn-raiser-gn-000-gnr-010-xn-00r-gundam-00_p1206.html

For those who wants a Hi-RM style Barbatos, it's on preorder for $59.99.

https://showzstore.com/pre-order-zhizhuxie-asw-g-08-gundam-barbatos-1-100-mobile-suit-iron-blooded-orphans-gunpla_p1385.html

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/6/2019 at 5:52 PM, JakCrow said:

I ordered a DX set from ebay for about $35USD. Should get it this month 

My two sets of the swords will be arrive next week, prob. in the tuesday.

On 7/6/2019 at 5:52 PM, JakCrow said:

I ordered a DX set from ebay for about $35USD. Should get it this month 

So it is arrived today. In total, the swords looking nice.

The quality is worse than metal build. Here and there are a little paint rubbing and nubmarks. Unfortunatly, there are no any metal parts. Maybe later i will putting it on my Astray and make shots.

IMG_20190723_164805.jpg

37 minutes ago, Ryoma said:

I just got mine yesterday and it looks really good but...no instruction sheet on how to transform it??? Are the instructions available anywhere on internet?

There are the Transformation Video on the shozstore website.

1 hour ago, Ryoma said:

I just got mine yesterday and it looks really good but...no instruction sheet on how to transform it??? Are the instructions available anywhere on internet?

Yeah. ShowZ Store has the video posted on their site. But since it resembles the Master Grade v2 kit, and the way it transforms in the video, I would assume it’s the same sequence as the kit.

4 hours ago, SuperHobo said:

Let us know how the quality on this release turned out?

Well, i really like it so far! The joints are not floppy at all, it feels very solid and very posable. Way more than my 2.0 MG (which i love anyway). The only joint that seems just a bit loose is the one that connects the left leg to the waist. Nothing too serious but it seems just a bit more loose than the others. Very good level of details too, with the right amount of tampos and panel lines. My only complaint is the head which seems not to have as many details as the other parts of the body. I am still debating wether to panel line it or not...will let you know about that. I was planning to transform it tonight but i have a super headache so will probably postpone everything to tomorrow night. I will definitely give you and update about that too.

Edited by Ryoma

On 7/24/2019 at 2:59 PM, no3Ljm said:

Found this on YouTube. It's in chinese. But atleast we get to see how it looks out of the box since it doesn't look like the Zeta in initially. ;)

Man, compared to all the other MB efforts, that looks really, really plain. I think I'll pass.

20 minutes ago, JakCrow said:

Man, compared to all the other MB efforts, that looks really, really plain. I think I'll pass.

True. I think it's really a straight copy of the Zeta v2 kit.

But it's still an ok for me. In the hopes that they will also do the Unit 3A next. ;) 

Edited by no3Ljm