The Third Party Gundam Thread

3 hours ago, bleecher said:

I would wait for the XN Raiser. Metal club has been improving their quality with each release and you would benefit from a later released item. Unless the price differential is too attractive to pass up between the 00 Raiser and XN Raiser.

That's why my recommendation earlier is that for a price of an original MB 00 Raiser that's going on nowadays, you can get both MC's 00 Raiser and XN-Raiser. That is if you want to have both versions to display. ;) 

6 hours ago, anubis20 said:

Steel Legend Kshatriya is finally on they way :yahoo:

Did you also order the other one? Let me know what you think of the SL Kshat. And if it's not too much of a trouble, can you take a photo of it with any of the MB 00 suits or any MB Freedom beside it just to compare. Thanks! ;)

4 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Did you also order the other one? Let me know what you think of the SL Kshat. And if it's not too much of a trouble, can you take a photo of it with any of the MB 00 suits or any MB Freedom beside it just to compare. Thanks! ;)

I ordered both and I will take a side by side flurry of photos and post it here

Got my Steel Legend Kshatriya. Such a great piece! The details on this figure is incredible. Although not as highly engineered and super-loaded gimmicks like metal builds, it suffices as it's a solid figure. Tight joints, QC is great, although one of my shoulder pieces is a little lose but has no impact on poseability or tightness of the joints. I hate that the it doesn't come with the gatling guns that the other version will come out with, but it's all good. 

IMG_0690.jpg

I bought both.. Kinda having buyers remorse. The MC one will come in first I think followed by the second batch of Steel Legend in March. I'll compare both of them when I get them and probably give my least favorite to my brother. They're both awesome anyways.

I found an MC one for $165 before shipping at GK Gundam Kit for those interested. Best price I could find.

https://gkgundamkit.com/en/1100-metal-build-type-nz666-kshatriya

I have purchased both the GFFMC Wing Gundam and Metal Build Astrea from them so they've come through on both orders.

Edited by Grey728

Got my Kshatriya today as well. Holy hell is it impressive! It weighs a ton! Joints on my copy are insanely tight and i could barely get the ankle tilt to work. Its amazing how this company can put this out at this price. Bandai would charge $500 for something like this.

Steel Legend Kshatriya Steel Legend Kshatriya

With MG Sinanju Ka

Steel Legend Kshatriya

I did have a small QC issue with a missing piece on one of the binders but its barely noticeable and my seller should be able get me a replacement piece.

Steel Legend Kshatriya

I received the MC XN Raiser last night. It camein what appears to be MC's now standard plain boxes packaging now. Since it didn't come with instructions, I had to kind of refer to the master grade gunpla instructions to figure out all the new parts. The figure and the 00 Raiser are exact the same as the previous Raiser release, with the new XN parts added. The buster swords that come with the kit are made of that lighter plastic MC has been using, but in this case it's a good thing in order for the figure to hold them without there being any weight issues. For $135 it's worth it, though after I received it, this kit showed up for sale

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/b6xpAxZm

1 hour ago, slaginpit said:

Something looks very odd in the way this is being transformed. Like he is trying to hold it together without it exploding into pieces

Nice to see an update on this. ;)

Also, I wouldn't worry too much on how it was being transformed. It looks like it's based from the Ver.2 kit and that's how I hold my MG kit back then. ^_^

Hope they repaint this to White Unicorn soon. I wouldn't mind having 2 Zetas. Or better yet, I wouldn't mind them making Grey Wolf and Red Snake too. :wub:

17 minutes ago, Ryoma said:

Wow that Z looks awesome! But, what is it exactly??? First time i see it around...

I'm not sure what exactly your asking so I'm just going to answer the way I understand it. ;) 

It's one of the main mobile suit featured in Z Gundam series back in '85. And also featured partly in ZZ Gundam in '86. It transforms into a Wave Rider form for atmospheric entry. Piloted by Kamille Bidan who pilots the Gundam MkII in the first part of the series.

https://gundam.fandom.com/wiki/MSZ-006_Zeta_Gundam

Amuro piloted a white & purple (pink sometimes) motif Zeta in one of the Gundam Evolve CGI episodes that also showcase the other two Zetas - Red Snake and Grey Wolf.

My MC Kshatriya ships today. Whoop!

I also pulled the trigger and ordered the new 00 Seven Sword XN Raiser package I saw on AliExpress. Cuz I'm a dope ;) 

I had minor issues with both the most recent MC releases: the Red Frame, and the XN Raiser. While not any particular issues with the sculpts, paint apps (except for the Red Frame having the mass production unit numbering) or joint issues, there were a few pieces completely missing glue, and minor assembly issues with their action bases. While I understand why they're doing it, I can't say I'm thrilled with the plain white box format they're shipping with now.

Edited by JakCrow

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I'm not sure what exactly your asking so I'm just going to answer the way I understand it. ;) 

It's one of the main mobile suit featured in Z Gundam series back in '85. And also featured partly in ZZ Gundam in '86. It transforms into a Wave Rider form for atmospheric entry. Piloted by Kamille Bidan who pilots the Gundam MkII in the first part of the series.

Amuro piloted a white & purple (pink sometimes) motif Zeta in one of the Gundam Evolve CGI episodes that also showcase the other two Zetas - Red Snake and Grey Wolf.

I'm like 99% certain he knows what the zeta gundam is and want's to know about that specific figure.

https://showzstore.com/pre-order-tomemei-1-100-m-02-msz-006-zeta-gundam-cita-z-plus-metal-build_p0903.html

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Thanks but that's not what i meant. I know the Z Gundam series pretty well and own most of the MG that came out from Bandai. My question was more about the model in the video...is it from Bandai? What line is it? Is made of plastic, metal... Is there a release date? Any more pictures? 

10 minutes ago, anime52k8 said:

I'm like 99% certain he knows what the zeta gundam is and want's to know about that specific figure.

https://showzstore.com/pre-order-tomemei-1-100-m-02-msz-006-zeta-gundam-cita-z-plus-metal-build_p0903.html

Yes! That's what i wanted to know! Thank you so much! I love the Z gundam series and looking forward to any new releases. Especially if they look this good!

31 minutes ago, Ryoma said:

Thanks but that's not what i meant. I know the Z Gundam series pretty well and own most of the MG that came out from Bandai. My question was more about the model in the video...is it from Bandai? What line is it? Is made of plastic, metal... Is there a release date? Any more pictures? 

Ooppsss! My bad sir. :sorry:

Yeah, it's a new Metal Build-esgue figure made by a third party chinese company which I think they based the transformation from Bandai's MG Z Gundam ver.2 kit. And I'm pretty sure it's going to look awesome. :good:;) 

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Ooppsss! My bad sir. :sorry:

Yeah, it's a new Metal Build-esgue figure made by a third party chinese company which I think they based the transformation from Bandai's MG Z Gundam ver.2 kit. And I'm pretty sure it's going to look awesome. :good:;) 

Yeah, it does look really good. I actually just preordered one. I don't trust transforming my MG 2.0 so i guess i will keep this new release in wave rider mode.

43 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Hey guys. Anyone here bought Wuming's Freedom Gundam? Just want to hear the opinion about it and comparing it to KO Strike Freedom or the actual MB Strike Freedom.

Thanks.

It's been recalled and they're going back to the drawing board to fix all the production issues the first run had