The Third Party Gundam Thread

1 minute ago, anime52k8 said:

They're not made by bandai, so they're 3rd party. They belong here.

True. I now only realized the thread title. So stupid of me. :rolleyes:

Fixed my earlier post.

Edited by no3Ljm

5 hours ago, HG Blows said:

how come the deactive versions are so much cheaper?  Do they initially start at ~$100 and just increase the price as they release/sell out?

Not sure myself but thinking about ordering both the Destiny and Strike Freedom.  Thinking about possibly custom painting one or both. Love the Strike Freedom but hate the gold inner frame....

5 hours ago, HG Blows said:

how come the deactive versions are so much cheaper?  Do they initially start at ~$100 and just increase the price as they release/sell out?

The price is adjusted base on estimate demand.  De-active versions were never high demand even for official items. 

But I like the price.  will plan to get both.

• 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, eggy99 said:

I like all of it except for the fore arms. Why add beam shield emitters?

Nice to see MC doing an original mold though.

Yeah. That's what I noticed too. I don't like it so I hope it's removable. Also, I know they somehow based it on the MG v2 kit. And to be honest, I'm not a big fan of those extra added white pointy things on the wings. It made the Balaena Beam Cannons look like a 'p_nis' on side profile. :unsure:

mg_freedom_v2_2.jpg.2b1853134baae6f9531a1e86dce578a8.jpg

mg_freedom_v2_1.thumb.jpg.29b93954f4b521d082d9652f01aa833a.jpg

11 hours ago, eggy99 said:

I like all of it except for the fore arms. Why add beam shield emitters?

Nice to see MC doing an original mold though.

Same opinion. Beam shield emitters should be removable. It looks like a downgraded SF.

It looks good. Hope the price is good

1 hour ago, eXis10z said:

Based on this FB post, it looks like the design were stolen. Can't say I'm surprised since this is a 3rd party manufacturer.

Stolen from a model kit customizer? Still I want that Beam Shield Emitter be removable on the final product. ;)

Edited by no3Ljm

Ok. So I read this one caption in the photo from that Facebook feed. What's the ruling here if someone copied based from a design that is also based from an existing original design? Would that second-hand designer have a say or right to sue the third designer?

Edited by no3Ljm

On 11/26/2018 at 1:06 AM, no3Ljm said:

Ok. So I read this one caption in the photo from that Facebook feed. What's the ruling here if someone copied based from a design that is also based from an existing original design? Would that second-hand designer have a say or right to sue the third designer?

Babelfish?

Show.z is a storefront on AliExpress, but you probably already know that.

Since there no other branding are we to assume that they, themselves are going to produce it?

That would be interesting since they are mostly know for selling higher end knock offs like Valkyrie Factory’s VF-1.

4 hours ago, slaginpit said:

Babelfish?

Babelfish? :unknw:

4 hours ago, Ryoma said:

They look really nice but... what are they? I mean i have never heard about this line before although i have to say that red Zaku is one of the best interpretation of the red comet i have ever seen.

1 hour ago, Mazinger said:

Show.z is a storefront on AliExpress, but you probably already know that.

Since there no other branding are we to assume that they, themselves are going to produce it?

That would be interesting since they are mostly know for selling higher end knock offs like Valkyrie Factory’s VF-1.

That Zaku figure is produced by Metal Club. Just need to verify if they're also Metal Gear, the company who made Metal Builds KOs of 00 Gundam variants. Assuming they are since some shops describe the company as 'Metal Gear MC (Metal Club)' or 'Metal Club (used to be called Metal Gear)'.

Quite nice effort from MClub.

I'd still get the official MCGFF version from Bandai first as it's the right thing to do. If I wasn't able to get one at retail / near retail price, then I'd consider getting the MClub release.

Doubt I would get too. Not sure if I need that much Char Zaku in my life.

Can MClub please make some GMs? Like the 0083 Armored GM or Unicorn Jesta? :p

On 11/26/2018 at 12:27 PM, eggy99 said:

Not sure it's a 100% clone copy of that kit. There are many subtle differences all over, but no doubt heavily influenced.

It's the same situation with the Vientiane Toys MB Destiny figure, which was clearly using this as the basis for the design: 

C4XNNfMVMAAZbW3.jpg:large

On 11/9/2018 at 2:58 PM, no3Ljm said:

I have a feeling that Major Tom posted here because there's no Third Party Gundam Kit thread for it.

Well, I got the Xamel kit. It's more like 1/144 scale than 1/100.

For $32, it's not that bad. The b-club Xamel resin kit is long out of print @ $200+

If you want one for your 0083 collection you can get one from SamualDecal: https://samueldecal.com/collections/model-kit/products/motorking-yms-16m-xamel