The Third Party Gundam Thread

37 minutes ago, SuperHobo said:

Looking good so far. Judging from the robot damashii, Steel Legend's might be a tad bigger than 1/100 scale. The robot damashii is about 1/140 scale. Everything looks pretty good so far, except that missing orange thurster on the left hip skirt. I wish the head coloring was a little more accurate to either the novel or anime coloring, but it doesn't look bad. Lots of metal used in the legs, should provide some good balance for poses. 

Kshatriya should be big in 1/100 scale. It's taller than Unicorn. Did they show a Metal Composite Unicorn in the video? I haven't seen that YouTube clip posted by Numbninja so I'm not sure if they featured the Unicorn to scale and compare with.

Now I'm rethinking if I'm going to get one. Because for its price, it's cheaper than a regular Bandai Metal Build figure. :rolleyes:

13 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Kshatriya should be big in 1/100 scale. It's taller than Unicorn. Did they show a Metal Composite Unicorn in the video? I haven't seen that YouTube clip posted by Numbninja so I'm not sure if they featured the Unicorn to scale and compare with.

Now I'm rethinking if I'm going to get one. Because for its price, it's cheaper than a regular Bandai Metal Build figure. :rolleyes:

The reviewer said something along the lines of the figure being like 30cm tall, but that would be put it much bigger than 1/100 or 22.3cm. However, when he compared it to the Robot Damashii the height seemed about right just maybe slightly bigger than 22.3cm, maybe more around 24 or 25 cm tall from head to toe. I think the reviewer might have been going from toe to head spike or binder. 

10 minutes ago, General Rasp said:

Seriously considering getting one. It looks like a great piece but is it $260 great?

It's certainly cheaper than how much Bandai would charge to make one. In-hand some of the beta-testers will let us know if the quality is up to snuff. 

1 minute ago, SuperHobo said:

It's certainly cheaper than how much Bandai would charge to make one. In-hand some of the beta-testers will let us know if the quality is up to snuff. 

I do like the amount of metal showed off in the video and the locking mechanism for the binder arm. I wonder how good the plastic quality is. 

19 minutes ago, General Rasp said:

I do like the amount of metal showed off in the video and the locking mechanism for the binder arm. I wonder how good the plastic quality is. 

So far, all KO MB plastics are ok for me. That's across what I have between Metal Saga, Metal Club, and Poison Toys. The quality looks like Bandai's. The only differences I see on what I have is just QC issues. But overall, quality-wise, it's in-par with what Bandai have. So for $260, like I said earlier, it's really much cheaper than what Bandai offers just for the size of Kshatriya alone. And to be honest, I will get this in a heartbeat if only I don't have problem with space.

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

I see. So they change company name again for this release. Sneaky. ;)

yes sir....i don't mind it, as long as they keep making em this good.

1 hour ago, SuperHobo said:

Oh really, where did this rumor come from? Man, with each release a new name change. Gotta avoid that smack down from Papa Bandai. :lol:

A guy i communicated with who sells Gundam kits and models from china. I was talking to him about how great their quality was...then he told me they were working on nz-666, about 3 months later he had pics...sadly he no longer works at the online store...bummer

1 hour ago, F360 said:

Iirc , steel legends is not moshow.  I think they started this project a while back .

but it’s good to hear that the quality is good

well, i said rumor as their is no concrete information that its a moshow/poison production. this was mentioned to me 7-6 months ago however.

you have a very deep rooted knowledge, so i have no reason to doubt you on this.

I just hope i can afford it.

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

And not to get confused, there's 'two' MB-quality Kshatriya in production. One from Metal Club and one from Steel Legend.

yes i am aware sir...he showed proto-type of this version in grey....he said it was heavy and mentioned weight, packaging and everything.....i have it in my whatsapp feed

Anyplace to get the Steel Legend Kshatriya other than Show.Z Store? Price seems a bit steep and I would like to see if it's offered better elsewhere. I also see it on a site called SamuelDecal, but have never heard of them before.

Edited by bleecher

• 4 weeks later...

My KO of the MB Strike Freedom arrived yesterday, the pearlescent version.  I am happy to say that it has fully blown away my expectations.  No missing parts, paint apps are crisp and clean with nary a loose joint to be found. In fact, some joints may be TOO tight.  Comparing it with my official MB Destiny, it seems the build quality of the KO SF is right on par with the Destiny.

21 hours ago, Valkyrie Hunter D said:

My KO of the MB Strike Freedom arrived yesterday, the pearlescent version.  I am happy to say that it has fully blown away my expectations.  No missing parts, paint apps are crisp and clean with nary a loose joint to be found. In fact, some joints may be TOO tight.  Comparing it with my official MB Destiny, it seems the build quality of the KO SF is right on par with the Destiny.

Do you mean the Sapphire version?

4 minutes ago, Valkyrie Hunter D said:

No, not the Sapphire version. I think mine is a later color variant labeled as "PEARL COLOR MATCHING".

Interesting. I haven't heard of that one, but I just found the box on a search. I've never seen it on ebay like the sapphire one. 

4 hours ago, JakCrow said:

The MC one looks more show accurate. Steel Legend took some design liberties with their version, which isn't a bad thing, I would hope it has some of the same accessories.

they both have a their fair share of liberties taken, just in different areas. The MC is particularly off from the back also the giant chrome thruster nozzles look super cheap.

On 11/7/2018 at 3:48 PM, Major Tom said:

are these 3rd party metal builds or just some random kits.