The Third Party Gundam Thread

44 minutes ago, chyll2 said:

Die cast inner frame for plamo.

They started with the freedom 2.0 frame (so it includes justice and Providence). This is the second frame based on GATX series

34827861_2073983286173391_8898984349672669184_n.jpg

I just received the Providence 3r inner frame. It's a combination of die-cast and toy level plastic. Haven't put the kit together yet. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Seems the Funhobby Blue Destiny Unit 1 has been released, and it's a mixed bag.

Pros:
Decent paint job and tampo
Good articulation
Lots of diecast
Decent molding
Fun gimmicks (dual LED in head, Li-ion battery with micro usb charging, integrated hidden buttons, EXAM voice etc)

Cons:
A little bit floppy legs at the hip joint and feet (reported to be getting fixed for the 2nd round release)
Noticeable sprue marks (on the front of cheek plate on the head!).
Very plain molding of some parts (those CIW on the chest look terrible)
Mistake on the opening hatch (different to manual LOL)
Very plain diecast design on some parts

A little bit too expensive with that amount of negatives for me.

I'd love a 3rd party Powered GM from 0083. I love that thing! It's so beefy!

<3 GMs!

On 6/12/2018 at 1:40 AM, Scyla said:

Since Bandai will likely never release the other Gundams from Endless Walz in their Metal Composite line I wonder if the 3rd party companies might do them in 1/100 scale.

This assertion makes me sad. I want more wing suits. :(

• 3 weeks later...

3 hours ago, slaginpit said:

Oh sweet jeeeeeesus.

4dfee9f350.jpg

as much as a absolutely love Deathscythe and want a version to go with GFFMCwMB wing zero, that one looks kind of ugly. if it was cheap enough and a kit maybe it would look good with the HiRes Zero, but that's not really what I'm looking for. :( :edit: and 1/72 scale? double nope for me then. 

3 hours ago, slaginpit said:

Oh Boyz.

0eda62c74e.jpg

I kind of want it just for the stand.

Edited by anime52k8

These ARE all figures, right? Not kits?

That Barbatos Lupus Rex "Dragon Lord" figure was originally a 1/100 conversion kit by a GK company called Model Bingo, who also did a Stargazer conversion for the MG Sword/Force Impulse Gundam.

Edited by kajnrig

4 hours ago, slaginpit said:

LOL and another Third Party is making a version of the Kysh.

I like this one, it looks good and also looks like a ground up new design and not just another downsized KO of the G-system kit.

19 hours ago, anime52k8 said:

I like this one, it looks good and also looks like a ground up new design and not just another downsized KO of the G-system kit.

Yeah Glad you noticed too that the one showed was the G-System kit. I had that kit. What a disaster. So I might switch my preorder for that one

On 8/30/2018 at 10:25 PM, sumyumgoy said:

Got the Mo Show Qan T today....what an amazing figure.  The joints are amazingly tight!  My Arbalest feels loose in comparison.

Tempted to get the Buster now and the MC raiser....

IMG_20180830_231456.jpg

Moshow/Poison toys, they got me started this collecting addiction...great quality

On 9/1/2018 at 9:06 AM, anime52k8 said:

Something I just don't get about third party gundam stuff is why they do things in 1/72. Official gundam stuff is never in 1/72.

Maybe to avoid legal action? Not really sure but  there are full resin kits in the past that are in 1/72 scale as well

18 hours ago, chyll2 said:

Maybe to avoid legal action? Not really sure but  there are full resin kits in the past that are in 1/72 scale as well

I've read in the past that this is the reason. Since Bandai only does 1/100 or 1/60, the 1/72 scale helps to get around copyright issues. 

4 minutes ago, slaginpit said:

what happened to my pics. Did we crash the sites database. lol

What pics? The one you posted last August 30? If it is, I can still see it. Try to refresh the page or reset the cookies in your browser.

47 minutes ago, Mechapilot77 said:

thunderbolt looks like an amazing design.  thats not from gundam is it?  also that meatl soldeier  is a nice looking zaku too. 

Not sure where Thunderbolt comes from. But that Metal Soldier one looks great. Hope they will make the Red Commander type. ^_^ 

50 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Not sure where Thunderbolt comes from. But that Metal Soldier one looks great. Hope they will make the Red Commander type. ^_^ 

It's above the Kshatriya/Zeta posts <--note to self: read better.

Anyway it looks like a SRW design. Could be wrong, but that's my first guess.

Edited by kajnrig

21 hours ago, kajnrig said:

It's above the Kshatriya/Zeta posts <--note to self: read better.

Anyway it looks like a SRW design. Could be wrong, but that's my first guess.

actually now that i look at it again it reminds me of the "code:hardcore" mech...a kickstarter backed 2D game.  actually bottom of this page shows a proto...originally gonna be released in 2017.  this thunderbolt design shown at showz website is either that, a ko, or inspired by that.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1609568567/code-hardcore-the-coolest-2d-mecha-battle-game

Edited by Mechapilot77

I never did pick up a Sandrock Supernova, and now it's basically sold out/$$$ everywhere---but it looks like it's going to be re-released soon.   The cloak and "sword effects" parts not in the re-release, but I never did like the cloak.  (and the effects parts are blue, which is totally wrong for Sandrock---it has heat-sabers, very Zeon-esque, they always glowed red/orange, both TV and EW)   Does any mobile suit have heat-weapons that get so hot they glow BLUE? 

Anyways, I see they are also re-releasing Altron Supernova, but in TV Shenlong's colors.  THAT looks cool, and I am very tempted.  Mount the shield on the left arm, and only use one dragon-fang, and you have a very TV-esque stylized Shenlong.

800x.jpg