The Third Party Gundam Thread

3 minutes ago, Kuma Style said:

I honestly really appreciate you posting this. I've wanted it off and on for years but never bit and I'm glad to know I didn't smis out.

YEah avoid at all costs. !

The Bandai one is actually pretty good. Some Paint apps and you get your Kysh looking decent for your photo studio

11 hours ago, slaginpit said:

YEah avoid at all costs. !

The Bandai one is actually pretty good. Some Paint apps and you get your Kysh looking decent for your photo studio

It's really unfortunate because the the kit really does look great finished in the pics (like yours!) I've seen.

And man, I'm a 1/100 guy, so I'm reeeeeally hoping Bandai gives this the MasterGrade love it deserves.

I'm a little late to these 3rd party gundams so I was hoping some people could enlighten me of their opinion of the quality and build of the MC 00 Raiser?

I looked through this topic and saw some good reviews but want to know if the figures are still holding up just as well?

And in regards to the 00 Raiser, has anyone bought the Trans-AM version? If so, how is the coloring of it?

I am debating on getting the regular or Trans-AM version of the MC 00 Raiser so all recommendations would be extremely helpful :D 

38 minutes ago, Eslim109 said:

I'm a little late to these 3rd party gundams so I was hoping some people could enlighten me of their opinion of the quality and build of the MC 00 Raiser?

I looked through this topic and saw some good reviews but want to know if the figures are still holding up just as well?

And in regards to the 00 Raiser, has anyone bought the Trans-AM version? If so, how is the coloring of it?

I am debating on getting the regular or Trans-AM version of the MC 00 Raiser so all recommendations would be extremely helpful :D 

Mine is still in perfect shape. So far nothing is broken. Joints are still tight. 

Eslim, my friendly advice to you is buy both. They're both the same price range. For a price of an original you can get two. That's a no-brainer right there. Don't think that I'm influencing you. We know in your heart you want to have both. ;)

Now stop debating and get them now! ^_^

6 hours ago, Eslim109 said:

MC makes very good KO.  They are also priced very nicely too.  

I have their Seven Sword , OO Raiser and their Red Seven Sword.  All three of them are good.

I would've brought their Trans-Am version too but with all these new Bandai and Arcadia preorder/releases, those will just have to wait (Yes I still plan to buy them)

If you don't have the Bandai OO Raiser and have other Metal builds then getting the Regular version would fit in better.

If you plan to get the Original Bandai OO Raiser sometime in the future, then I would recommend you to get the MC Trans-am version because I do not see Bandai every reissuing it and the market price is too over the top to even consider.

Link to photo review of the Trans-am ver.

OO Raiser

http://www.dachong.gz.cn/read.php?tid-88560.html

Seven Sword / g

http://www.dachong.gz.cn/read.php?tid-88459.html

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, F360 said:

Moshow (Poison toys) 1/72 Sword and Launcher packs. (does not include 1/72 Gundam)

Releasing around November price around $60  

Price of the Original Moshow 1/72 Strike Gundam has gone up over $200 now. 

Why is that? They don't make any more?

1 hour ago, Sandman said:

Why is that? They don't make any more?

they haven't made any more of the Strike gundam ever since they got into some trouble with copyright issues.  Moshow is gone (in name)

But they changed name to Warrior toys for their 1/100 Qan[T] release which was delayed for a long time due to the above issue.  They change some marking and even packaged the gundam seperately.

They are using the name Poison toys for these new 1/72 release (it's possible that they will reissue the 1/72 Aile Strike under this company name)

They are also Vientiane Toys and is making a Robot that looks like Destiny gundam 

So I think they will be using different names for different releases from now.

006Vq0aNgy1fjqbrmqgxfj30jv0u07b3.jpg.4cacfaf302e04368b25e76170825ed89.jpg

https://m.weibo.cn/u/6345245341?uid=6345245341&luicode=10000011&lfid=1076036091067406

19 hours ago, F360 said:

Moshow (Poison toys) 1/72 Sword and Launcher packs. (does not include 1/72 Gundam)

Releasing around November price around $60  

Price of the Original Moshow 1/72 Strike Gundam has gone up over $200 now. 

This is an Insta-Buy for me. I'm getting tired of the Aile Pack on display. ^_^

Knowing that the MoShow price has gone up, wish I could've bought an extra one months ago. You know, for 'just in case'. :db:

• 3 weeks later...

They will probably go up under a different name. 

Anyway, China has been pretty aggressive with the red frame lately.

Daban got multiple kit that are based on astray metal build including the powered set. They also got a modified MG that has Mars equipment.

There is also a die cast copy of ARF with Flight pack. (Should cost 100 to 120)

I forgot why I originally came to this thread. This is probably stupid to ask now but is there a Ko of the 0 Gundam?I just watched some YouTube reviews and it looks sweet. Better than I remember it looking in the anime. I want it one but there's no chance I'll be able to snag a official release due to the ridiculously stupid prices I've seen for it.

Edited by Sandman

If Bandai suddenly releases a MG Avalanche Exia Dash and it builds up exactly like the DM one, then those rumors from way back when that one of the bootleggers are actually Bandai incognito will suddenly gain some teeth... maybe. I dunno. It sure would be some conspicuous timing, at any rate.

47 minutes ago, Sandman said:

So what has changed now to get the chinese authorities involved? I thought the reason why bootlegs were rampant in china is because they didn't recognize or enforce non Chinese laws? 

What did DM make? Just model kits or metal builds as well?

What I'm going to say might sound smart, but PLEASE wait for someone who actually knows what they're talking about. I'm just making assumptions based on vague memories of what others have said. Many grains of salt, please.

Anyway, it's not so much that China doesn't respect international copyright law, it's that their legal system has historically sided with native Chinese groups over international ones without regard to strengths of case. Bandai either hasn't had a Chinese subsidiary until recent-ish, or said subsidiary hasn't had enough strength/desire to take these companies through Chinese courts.

China's also begun to relax above nativist attitude in certain ways, in order to better attract international corporations. Giving Bandai a fairer legal shot at tackling bootleggers would certainly be of economic interest to both the Chinese government and Bandai. DM, not so much, but that's apparently a sacrifice the Chinese government are willing to make.

43 minutes ago, Sandman said:

I forgot why I originally came to this thread. This is probably stupid to ask now but is there a Ko of the 0 Gundam?I just watched some YouTube reviews and it looks sweet. Better than I remember it looking in the anime. I want it one but there's no chance I'll be able to snag a official release due to the ridiculously stupid prices I've seen for it.

I don't believe there's a premium figure at all of the 0 Gundam, much less a knockoff. There's probably a Robot Damashii figure, but I don't think there's a lot of RD bootlegging going on.

Unless you're talking about the 00, in which case I'm sure there are PLENTY of knockoffs out there.

28 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

If Bandai suddenly releases a MG Avalanche Exia Dash and it builds up exactly like the DM one, then those rumors from way back when that one of the bootleggers are actually Bandai incognito will suddenly gain some teeth... maybe. I dunno. It sure would be some conspicuous timing, at any rate.

What I'm going to say might sound smart, but PLEASE wait for someone who actually knows what they're talking about. I'm just making assumptions based on vague memories of what others have said. Many grains of salt, please.

Anyway, it's not so much that China doesn't respect international copyright law, it's that their legal system has historically sided with native Chinese groups over international ones without regard to strengths of case. Bandai either hasn't had a Chinese subsidiary until recent-ish, or said subsidiary hasn't had enough strength/desire to take these companies through Chinese courts.

China's also begun to relax above nativist attitude in certain ways, in order to better attract international corporations. Giving Bandai a fairer legal shot at tackling bootleggers would certainly be of economic interest to both the Chinese government and Bandai. DM, not so much, but that's apparently a sacrifice the Chinese government are willing to make.

I don't believe there's a premium figure at all of the 0 Gundam, much less a knockoff. There's probably a Robot Damashii figure, but I don't think there's a lot of RD bootlegging going on.

Unless you're talking about the 00, in which case I'm sure there are PLENTY of knockoffs out there.

No there's definitely a metal build 0 gundam. I've watched reviews and seen them at mandarake. I'm guessing they were a limited release of some kind.

1 hour ago, Sandman said:

No there's definitely a metal build 0 gundam. I've watched reviews and seen them at mandarake. I'm guessing they were a limited release of some kind.

41 minutes ago, F360 said:

It's the G.F.F. Metal Composite 0 Gundam Type A.C.D

Whoops, my bad. Thanks for that.

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Got the Poison Toys (MoShow) 1/72 Strike Packs today. It's HUGE! :blink:

Lego Canucklehead is just for size reference. ^_^

A4fEN6s.jpg

XyVTQak.jpg

Nice .  I need to get a set of these too .  I like their box design too.

by the way 1/72 Buster is up for preorder at GMC.  

2 hours ago, F360 said:

Nice .  I need to get a set of these too .  I like their box design too.

by the way 1/72 Buster is up for preorder at GMC.  

I ordered those at eBay hoping that GMC will have it before. But since you mentioned the prices for these packs, I settled on getting it from eBay since the prices are the same including shipping. ^_^

Also, as for the Buster figure, as much as I would like to have it because it's cheaper than Bandai's Metal Build line (just in case they will complete the 5 GAT-X's from Gundam Seed) , I rather wait and see if they're going to do Aegis in the future. That one I like more than the other 3 GAT-X's. ;) 

But to be honest that $160 estimate for the Buster is already a great price.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

I think you may have accidentally misspoke. Surely you meant the 1/72 Mechea Hurricane. :D

yeah, how rude of me , just because they look alike doesn't mean it's the same :p  besides it's 1/72.  totally different'   the first video was pretty funny on the scale intro.