The Third Party Gundam Thread

Mine 7 Swords is original, the GN Sword II Blaster is from a KO MG kit I mod a few years ago.

That looks great. So it's still need some modding then. From what I've seen on some early prototype photos from weibo it mentioned that it doesn't need any mods. Care to share which part of the Blaster Rifle that needed modding? Thanks!

That looks great. So it's still need some modding then. From what I've seen on some early prototype photos from weibo it mentioned that it doesn't need any mods. Care to share which part of the Blaster Rifle that needed modding? Thanks!

IIRC, some minor sanding to the shoulder plug, I didn't modify the connector to the forearm, they are very different in size, and does not align very much, I just leave it unplugged.

post-81-0-30177300-1477323847_thumb.jpg

post-81-0-72398900-1477323869_thumb.jpg

Got my KO seven sword today.

Impressed at the build quality and the tampo, but my box came opened, and the legs are a little loose and not like the video.

Makes me wonder if I got a return or something.

But for half the price of the original, not too bad of a display piece.

I'll post pics of my box when I get a chance, but when compared to official metal builds, something just seems a little lacking.

Update on the MoShow.

The AU store I preordered QanT from, CollectorsDrift, said they only took down all the MoShow products before they haven't had any communication from their supplier (not MoShow). They haven't heard anything to suggest that the product is cancelled, so I think MoShow really is in hiding from Bandai and keeping on the down low until Bandai's attention wavers and they start to chase another 3rd maker - like Metal Gear.

Got my KO seven sword today.

Impressed at the build quality and the tampo, but my box came opened, and the legs are a little loose and not like the video.

Makes me wonder if I got a return or something.

But for half the price of the original, not too bad of a display piece.

I'll post pics of my box when I get a chance, but when compared to official metal builds, something just seems a little lacking.

Mine came in with a sign that the box was opened. And that's ok since the store that I bought it from says that they open their goods for inspection, that everything is complete before shipping it out. It's a fine print but I still went for it. But for that price, I wouldn't complain. But the one I have have tight joints. ;)

Update on the MoShow.

The AU store I preordered QanT from, CollectorsDrift, said they only took down all the MoShow products before they haven't had any communication from their supplier (not MoShow). They haven't heard anything to suggest that the product is cancelled, so I think MoShow really is in hiding from Bandai and keeping on the down low until Bandai's attention wavers and they start to chase another 3rd maker - like Metal Gear.

I see. Thanks for the update. Well, I hope that it still get made since I want mine with complete Saber set. And not to be offered for an exclusive option set afterwards. Bandai is so notorious on doing that. And as for Metal Gear, good thing I already bought 2 Seven Swords. ^_^

Well sword ii Blaster was not made available for 7 sword. So bandai qant might never have full saber since it requires different backpack

But wouldn't be nice if they already include it on the set sans the TWE Option Parts later on?

KO PG Unicorn Phenex from Daiban.

All armor are painted, it looks like Titanium Finish or they claim it is similar to the finishing of MG Hyaku Shiki 2.0, they also modified the mold on most of the armor panel to incorporate undergate to prevent sprue mark:

post-81-0-17652000-1478054288_thumb.jpg

post-81-0-55551600-1478054048_thumb.jpg

post-81-0-90491900-1478054059_thumb.jpg

post-81-0-77919600-1478054070_thumb.jpg

Edited by Swoosh

• 2 weeks later...

I cant find the picture but MC will be releasing weapon packs for 7 sword. It will contain the GN sword II blaster to make the 00 7GS variant and an extra Buster sword if you want symmetrical look. I dont know why, but they are including extra set of GN Sword II Long and Short. They plan to release both red and blue version.

where do you get one of these?

You can find it on eBay just search for mc metal gear.

You can also get the blue one from http://www.gundammodelcenter.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=125

They only got the blue one right now but will have the others when it releases .

I ordered from them , no issues .

Edited by F360

I cant find the picture but MC will be releasing weapon packs for 7 sword. It will contain the GN sword II blaster to make the 00 7GS variant and an extra Buster sword if you want symmetrical look. I dont know why, but they are including extra set of GN Sword II Long and Short. They plan to release both red and blue version.

finally can get the GN sword II, cant wait for the pics

found the pics.

post-2743-0-22554200-1479521890_thumb.jpg

post-2743-0-74312200-1479521905_thumb.jpg

post-2743-0-31424000-1479521932_thumb.jpg

post-2743-0-71782900-1479521941_thumb.jpg

post-2743-0-65722500-1479521948_thumb.jpg

Great! ;) Though not sure if I'm thankful that I bought the original 0Raiser set. Seeing that they're making a 3P, it means these ones will connect properly than its original counterpart. The reason I said that is because, the original 0Raiser's Binders are having difficult to stay in place on the shoulder. The shoulder slots/holes is not aligned perfectly onto the originals. But I will still buy this 3P 0Raiser for sure along with the additional GN II Buster Rifle accessory. ^_^

Regarding the GN Sword II Buster accessory. Is this going to be officially a separate release or it will be included with the 0Raiser?

Great! ;) Though not sure if I'm thankful that I bought the original 0Raiser set. Seeing that they're making a 3P, it means these ones will connect properly than its original counterpart. The reason I said that is because, the original 0Raiser's Binders are having difficult to stay in place on the shoulder. The shoulder slots/holes is not aligned perfectly onto the originals. But I will still buy this 3P 0Raiser for sure along with the additional GN II Buster Rifle accessory. ^_^

Regarding the GN Sword II Buster accessory. Is this going to be officially a separate release or it will be included with the 0Raiser?

The weapon pack with the GN sword II is most likely a separate release since it will come in red or blue.

The O raiser is mostly by itself too like the original, so they can make a red one later.

I nevered try attaching the o raiser to the MC yet, good to know it they will not aligned perfectly.

The weapon pack with the GN sword II is most likely a separate release since it will come in red or blue.

The O raiser is mostly by itself too like the original, so they can make a red one later.

I nevered try attaching the o raiser to the MC yet, good to know it they will not aligned perfectly.

True. Then I will have the original 0Raiser to display it on its own. Or just sell it down the line since I don't have an original MB 00Gundam/7S figure.

Received my MoShow 1/72 Mecha Warrior today. It is sooo awesome! I'm more impressed than I thought I would be.

And to think the initial price of this was only $90 USD when it was released in Feb! I paid around $175 AUD.

Paint apps are fantastic (as good or better than Bandai), and tampo is fantastic. Really heavy, and SUPER tight. I thought that MoShow had use the Perfect Grade as basis for their mold, but comparing it to my friend's PF AILE Strike Rouge, that is not the case. It has all the same gimmicks as the PF (minus the inner frame), but there are slightly differences in the mold all over (not to mention the paint job).

Happy that I got a version 2 of this release, with all the fixes, but too bad it had to change from AILE STRIKE to MECHA WARRIOR (WORRIOR on the stand LOL). Will take some more photos and post later tonight.

A few caveats

- even though the articulated fingers are awesome, it makes it fiddly to get the gun into the hand

- head is hard to turn let and right due to the LED ball joint's rubber material, so it is super tight when on.

- not a great connector for Striker Pack the power cable that plugs into the back of Strike. It gets squashed a lot when the Strike Pack is locked into place

- anti ship sword is made of metal (why???) so it is quite heavy. limits the number of possible poses

But pretty small caveats really.

Bit sad that we might not see 1/72 Buster or 1/100 Quanta Full Saber. MoShow would have put out some quality product to give Bandai a run for their money. Looking at the 1/72 Buster there are definitely some creative license taken, which really beefs it up compared to the Bandai kits.

Photos!

post-7871-0-77666600-1479779895_thumb.jpg

post-7871-0-66131500-1479779894_thumb.jpg post-7871-0-57792100-1479779893_thumb.jpg

LEDs!

Size comparisons

post-7871-0-55348400-1479779889_thumb.jpg

MB Astray Red Frame

post-7871-0-18217100-1479779888_thumb.jpg

Yamato 1/60 VF-1J Mass

post-7871-0-75860500-1479780364_thumb.jpg

My work colleague's Perfect Grade Strike Rouge

I love the size of this toy. I thought I wouldn't like 1/72 scale because it wouldn't fit in, and that is true that it doesn't fit at all, but at this size it is truly amazing. It has a presence of a Perfect Grade, but without taking up tons of space. It has the same kind of presence as a 1/60 Valk.

I'm getting that same feeling when I upgraded all my HCM-Pro 1/200 Gundams to 1/144 Fix Figurations, and then those to 1/100 Metal Composite / Build. 1/72 makes 1/100 feel inadequate. :p

Please MoShow don't be gone forever. Really want to see the 1/72 Buster come to life now. the 1/100 Quanta I'm not so excited about now, since there is an official Bandai Quanta planned, but would be great to get both and make comparisons.

Great review eggy99! Question about the figure: is the power cable optional? I don't intend to use the light up feature so I was hoping that you can do without the cable.

the cable is attached to the display extension so you can unplug if you want. So when displaying without the base it will have no cable TAIL.

But the cable is somewhat authentic on how the Strike gundam launch, check out the anime scenes and even Bandai's own display base all have the GPU cable . I would just plug the cable if it's on the base. Lighting the LED is optional.

post-2743-0-92848200-1479786519_thumb.jpg

while were talking about the strike. here a old Strike Gundam Evolve video used to promote the Perfect grade 1/60 , just image this promoting the 1/72 instead. :D:p

Great review eggy99! Question about the figure: is the power cable optional? I don't intend to use the light up feature so I was hoping that you can do without the cable.

Thanks!

As F360 mentioned, there is a cable attached to the AILE Striker and also the display arm, but you don't have to plug them in - but then they'd just be hanging out there.

There were actually 2 versions that MoShow put out. Version 1 had the LED cable coming from the back of Strike gundam, but user feedback prompted them to move the cable into the AILE Striker instead, so if you display Strike without the AILE striker it won't look strange with a cable coming out the back.

I guess you could just clip the cable out from the display arm and striker pack, but then you'd lose the LED functions forever. They are soooo cool!

One improvement that MoShow could make next time is to do away with the cables all together and have the LED power socket a part of the connector peg on the base that connects to the Gundam. Their connector is massive compared to Bandai's, but less dynamic for poses - I think it can only go in 1 way, where as Bandai's allows for rotation. It's pretty big and could house the cabling and connector required, which would make it completely hidden. Maybe like a magsafe style connection, so less prone to break the connector pins like on the current cables.

• 2 weeks later...

Dragon Momoko, the model kit company that release a modified Gundam kit (or in this case, Plamo version of Metal build Destiny and Strike Freedom) are releasing a Wing of light pack. This should include the copied WOL of Bandai and a black stand.

It is mostly a copy but they did something small that differs on the Destiny WOL

69_132501_4ceeb067d008b9c.jpg

Edited by chyll2

• 3 weeks later...