TMBounty_Hunter

Aoshima VFG

So I just slapped together one of the 31As recently, and went together pretty cleanly.  Figure is fine, don't know why they're cats, but it's a decent Figma-ish figure.

Valk itself is a pretty nice mold, and will need a lot of painting, but holds together pretty well.  The stand socket underneath happens to fit your typical HMR-compatible stand, so that's definitely a plus.  I think the wing panels need a better snap/latch though, since they're just laying against the legs, and like to flip up on their hinges if you bump them.  Definitely a decent mold of the 31, with a few proportional tweaks to the legs and gunpod/weapons pack area.

Hell,  I want that Ozma VF-25. Where can I place my preorder?

I'll grab one, but I still wonder why they can't have a Sheryl or Ranka figure wearing Alto's VF-25?

My guess would be licensing fees, really.  They probably can save a decent chunk of money by not having to either license the designs, or pay the original character artists for official art of them.

Latest additions to my collection! I appreciate you looking and let me know if you have any questions/comments.  :lol:

Macross Expo & Model Graphix & Decals.jpg

11 hours ago, ChristopherB said:

Latest additions to my collection! I appreciate you looking and let me know if you have any questions/comments.  :lol:

Macross Expo & Model Graphix & Decals.jpg

You lucky son of a...

Hmm, I'm thinking the plain valk proportions on that one aren't as good as the 31.  Legs look oversized, or the tails undersized, or both.

Could be a lot worse, but I've already got plenty of the 1/100 VF-25 kits, so probably pass on this one.

Agreed. Ironically, the VF Girl herself looks way better than any of the others ever did.