Aoshima VFG

TMBounty_Hunter

the VF-31D is evil. It allows people to display their lone VF-31A in beautiful fighter mode while allowing two cat girls to ride the 31D....

At least that's how I'd rationalize the purchase

Edited by Duymon

• 2 weeks later...

As we still have to wait for the VF-25 and VF-31D I grabbed a VF-31J Anniversary during the last NY sales event. But I don't like those Macross Anniversary color schemes and the color schemes in the VF-31 Master File book are all white or light grey - A little bit boring. So I went for a scheme from the VF25 Master File: Underside all black and upper side dark gray. #did some quick shots but unfortunately the color contrast between black and grey is hard to notice due to LED lighting. In day light it looks just like shown in the book :unknw:. Was again fun to build, both fighter and girl ^_^. Can't  wait for the next VFG releases, going for a full VFG squadron at least.

IMG_6698.thumb.jpg.c6f6236e0b5dd6631eb4649fcb306317.jpgIMG_6702.thumb.jpg.7209c28837e9fe643a1ad63d53dd17c2.jpgIMG_6735.thumb.jpg.56a80c4ef289850e0b48b8396db460f3.jpgIMG_6749.thumb.jpg.9069e17fd29a46174aa1412fddf5fee8.jpg

20 hours ago, CrossAir said:

As we still have to wait for the VF-25 and VF-31D I grabbed a VF-31J Anniversary during the last NY sales event. But I don't like those Macross Anniversary color schemes and the color schemes in the VF-31 Master File book are all white or light grey - A little bit boring. So I went for a scheme from the VF25 Master File: Underside all black and upper side dark gray. #did some quick shots but unfortunately the color contrast between black and grey is hard to notice due to LED lighting. In day light it looks just like shown in the book :unknw:. Was again fun to build, both fighter and girl ^_^. Can't  wait for the next VFG releases, going for a full VFG squadron at least.

IMG_6698.thumb.jpg.c6f6236e0b5dd6631eb4649fcb306317.jpgIMG_6702.thumb.jpg.7209c28837e9fe643a1ad63d53dd17c2.jpgIMG_6735.thumb.jpg.56a80c4ef289850e0b48b8396db460f3.jpgIMG_6749.thumb.jpg.9069e17fd29a46174aa1412fddf5fee8.jpg

Love the stealth colour scheme, may steal when I get more.

Wound up pre-ordering the VF-31D, and putting in an order for the 35th anniversary scheme one too, while they're on discount at HLJ.  I did notice, the D-version has a notched cat ear. :lol: 

Wish we could get a Mirage variant, but I might try and tweak the 35th one in her colors.

Edited by Chronocidal

On 5/28/2019 at 10:38 PM, Chronocidal said:

Wound up pre-ordering the VF-31D, and putting in an order for the 35th anniversary scheme one too, while they're on discount at HLJ.  I did notice, the D-version has a notched cat ear. :lol: 

Wish we could get a Mirage variant, but I might try and tweak the 35th one in her colors.

That's it? A different ear, is that what gets you? I too almost bought it.  But, i already have 31A. So, I'm just waiting for vf-31 with super parts. 

4 hours ago, t040484 said:

That's it? A different ear, is that what gets you? I too almost bought it.  But, i already have 31A. So, I'm just waiting for vf-31 with super parts. 

Oh, not saying that's the only difference, just one more I noticed.  The hair is mirrored, and there may be other features that are unique to the D, but I'll have to compare the kits directly.  I'm mostly just interested in the alternate colors, since I'm not sure I'll paint these, depending on how they're molded.

6 hours ago, t040484 said:

The 31D is also a two seater, so the valk itself is a little different.

6 minutes ago, Focslain said:

The 31D is also a two seater, so the valk itself is a little different.

According to the pictures it seems to me the „two seater“ parts are only the plates for the foot rests in the engine compartments. The rest of the fighter seems to be just the same  mold as the VF-31A

8 hours ago, TMBounty_Hunter said:

Wait, so they put the plot explanation for the VF Girls into the Kawamori Expo limited edition kit manual? Am I getting that right?

Wait, you mean they actually thought it was necessary to come up with an in-universe explanation for these? :lol:  

5 hours ago, loliphenex said:

The VFGs are customized EX-Gears used for sports race that mimic the shape of the aircrafts.  

I want an anime of this, it's like Strike Witches mixed with a sports anime.

1 hour ago, Chronocidal said:

See, here I was thinking they were an actual modification to allow full-sized Zentraedi to use the valks as armor or a vehicle in a pinch, similar to what Klan did in Frontier, wearing a set of super packs.

This is better..

52 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

^ I much prefer this explanation.

Alternatively: Buxom Zentraedi women corral wild VFs and wrestle them into submission in order to tame them.

So is this..!

1 hour ago, Chronocidal said:

See, here I was thinking they were an actual modification to allow full-sized Zentraedi to use the valks as armor or a vehicle in a pinch, similar to what Klan did in Frontier, wearing a set of super packs.

That is what I thought at first, but then saw the cat ears and tails and thought, well, they probably aren't Zentran, so what's really going on.

Of course our Bresinger cluster kitty cousins could always have gone the Max Jenius route and decided to super-size themselves in a conversion chamber, but I figured that was too much of a stretch.

Edited by Mazinger

Honestly, I'm just in this to get some near HMR-scaled VF-31s. ^_^  Measurements from earlier in the thread put them about 1/89, which is almost dead on scale with the HMR VF-1s.  They won't work in battroid, but it looks like you'll be able to jury rig a perfectly fine gerwalk mode with them by leaving the legs closed.

Maybe I'll paint up figures as some macronized Meltran.. cosplayers? :p 

Edited by Chronocidal