Jump to content
TMBounty_Hunter

Aoshima VFG

Recommended Posts

I saw these and was intrigued, but I'm not familiar with Macross Delta.  I'd love to watch it, but it's really expensive.  But I love this figure/valk thing and thought it was a great idea... until I noticed that the girl isn't any of the characters???!  Is that right, or is it some other character?

Anyway, that got me to thinking, what character WOULD be with it.  It seems Hayate and Freyja were an item, so that would make a good pairing, right?  I wonder if there's an action figure of Freyja that's generally the right size... And it seems that answer is YES!  An SH Figuarts Freyja is 135mm tall, and it looks like the Aoshima figure is 150mm. 

Does anyone have either figure to take measurements of?  What would be required to make Freyja's dress a little more flexible?

And now I'm thinking, what about a Lynn/VF-1J pairing?  I wonder if I could hack a 1/72 model to hold my Kitzconcepts figure in a similar manner.  Hmm...

10446134a.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pontus said:

I saw these and was intrigued, but I'm not familiar with Macross Delta.  I'd love to watch it, but it's really expensive.  But I love this figure/valk thing and thought it was a great idea... until I noticed that the girl isn't any of the characters???!  Is that right, or is it some other character?

Anyway, that got me to thinking, what character WOULD be with it.  It seems Hayate and Freyja were an item, so that would make a good pairing, right?  I wonder if there's an action figure of Freyja that's generally the right size... And it seems that answer is YES!  An SH Figuarts Freyja is 135mm tall, and it looks like the Aoshima figure is 150mm. 

Does anyone have either figure to take measurements of?  What would be required to make Freyja's dress a little more flexible?

And now I'm thinking, what about a Lynn/VF-1J pairing?  I wonder if I could hack a 1/72 model to hold my Kitzconcepts figure in a similar manner.  Hmm...

10446134a.jpg

The girls are generic girl. I'm assuming, if aoshima want to use macross girls then we would have to pay more. If this line going well, i hope aoshima would release the characters as a separate releases. And not just the girls of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pics of the early prototype from TagHobby:

aso02j.jpg

aso03.jpg

 

On the whole, I'm in for this, hopefully they've learned some things from the VF-31 1.0-1.3 and incorporate improvements.

Also, hopefully, the girls aren't just generic girls in swimsuits. Probably will be though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Firefox said:

The hips area looks terrible because of the intakes

It's just a mock-up so I'm pretty sure they're going to fix everything.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I have a few questions for a crazy idea I have to my 'spare' VFG.

1) I'm not too hot on the 31A design, I like my forward swept wings more then the delta wing design. If some-one wants to swap me their 31J for my 31A I can work out a trade.

2) Does anyone know the scale of the girl, need to know to get the proper accessories from shapeways. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Although I planned to start with the fighter I ended up in finishing catgirl first. Concerning her I had the color concept in mind and kept to my idea of giving her a complete bodysuit. For now, as you can see below, we're still in discussions about the color variant of her VF-31A:

IMG_5641.thumb.jpg.3e8e507e157e2896f5806db7ce7f8877.jpg

IMG_5650.thumb.jpg.ddcc031bbd66e290976dfbf49c266346.jpg

IMG_5644.thumb.jpg.651b1a2c837be2609766d706b871771a.jpg

IMG_5645.thumb.jpg.cb3837c2c91c729b52b8da80d005c556.jpg

IMG_5646.thumb.jpg.6e5769ab7891c380dda232e539f0379b.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2019 at 7:30 PM, Focslain said:

2) Does anyone know the scale of the girl, need to know to get the proper accessories from shapeways. 

From head to tow the figure is 15 cm / 5.9" tall.

In reality that would be:

1/12 scale: 1.80 m / 5'9"

1/10 scale: 1.50 m / 4'9"

I tend to say she is more 1/10 scale concering here to be an anime girl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CrossAir said:

Although I planned to start with the fighter I ended up in finishing catgirl first. Concerning her I had the color concept in mind and kept to my idea of giving her a complete bodysuit. For now, as you can see below, we're still in discussions about the color variant of her VF-31A:

 IMG_5641.thumb.jpg.3e8e507e157e2896f5806db7ce7f8877.jpg

IMG_5650.thumb.jpg.ddcc031bbd66e290976dfbf49c266346.jpg

IMG_5644.thumb.jpg.651b1a2c837be2609766d706b871771a.jpg

IMG_5645.thumb.jpg.cb3837c2c91c729b52b8da80d005c556.jpg

IMG_5646.thumb.jpg.6e5769ab7891c380dda232e539f0379b.jpg

 

Looks good, I just started on the -31a over the weekend, doing the detail and stripe painting on a part-by-part basis before assembly is drawing it out quite a bit.

I did completely give up trying to do a 2-tone paintjob for the grey, and am sticking to grey/white/black plus details.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CrossAir said:

Although I planned to start with the fighter I ended up in finishing catgirl first. Concerning her I had the color concept in mind and kept to my idea of giving her a complete bodysuit. For now, as you can see below, we're still in discussions about the color variant of her VF-31A:

IMG_5641.thumb.jpg.3e8e507e157e2896f5806db7ce7f8877.jpg

IMG_5650.thumb.jpg.ddcc031bbd66e290976dfbf49c266346.jpg

IMG_5644.thumb.jpg.651b1a2c837be2609766d706b871771a.jpg

IMG_5645.thumb.jpg.cb3837c2c91c729b52b8da80d005c556.jpg

IMG_5646.thumb.jpg.6e5769ab7891c380dda232e539f0379b.jpg

 

This looks way better than the OOB figure. Aoshima really should make the girl with full body suit. Btw, does anyone think that Aoshima overdid it with the bust size? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, t040484 said:

This looks way better than the OOB figure. Aoshima really should make the girl with full body suit. Btw, does anyone think that Aoshima overdid it with the bust size? 

Personally, no.

In general, a little. A cup down would be better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, t040484 said:

This looks way better than the OOB figure. Aoshima really should make the girl with full body suit. Btw, does anyone think that Aoshima overdid it with the bust size? 

For my taste, I think it's ok. And I doubt that Satelight also overdid Makina's bust size. Just sayin'. ^_^

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, t040484 said:

Btw, does anyone think that Aoshima overdid it with the bust size? 

They should include different bust sizes for exchange ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, t040484 said:

Btw, does anyone think that Aoshima overdid it with the bust size? 

I just assumed it was because the 31a has larger canards. Like how the hair was because the 31a has one eye.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sanity is Optional said:

I just assumed it was because the 31a has larger canards. Like how the hair was because the 31a has one eye.

:shok:

That makes Far Too Much Sense @Sanity is Optional !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, slide said:

:shok:

That makes Far Too Much Sense @Sanity is Optional !

I blame that stupid moe anthropomorphism series where the girls were guns.

One of them had big "guns", with the explanation being the gun had a large forearm (the bit of the stock under/around the barrel).

I was very bored that season, I swear only reason I watched it.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I just assumed it was because the 31a has larger canards. Like how the hair was because the 31a has one eye.

By this logic, if they make vf25 armored then...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That body suit looks great @CrossAir. I had a worry that the... uh crotch part would still look a bit ecchi, but it looks much classier than I'd have guessed. Gives me hope that I can pull off a Mirage flight suit when I FINALLY get round to mine.

*Glances warily at mortgage advisor*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, WaferMouse said:

That body suit looks great @CrossAir. I had a worry that the... uh crotch part would still look a bit ecchi, but it looks much classier than I'd have guessed. Gives me hope that I can pull off a Mirage flight suit when I FINALLY get round to mine.

I don't think you have to worry about an ecchi look concerning those Aoshima kits, especially if you do a body suit. Although focus is definitely on the upper levels ^_^. But a while ago I ran into this issue with a chinese Frame Arms Girl knock-off where I had to remove the ecchi-ness from the said area when I applied a bike suit :blink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, t040484 said:

By this logic, if they make vf25 armored then...

:blink:Yarna d'al' Gargan from Jaba's Palace?

Edited by slide

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I blame that stupid moe anthropomorphism series where the girls were guns.

One of them had big "guns", with the explanation being the gun had a large forearm (the bit of the stock under/around the barrel).

I was very bored that season, I swear only reason I watched it.

Actually Kancolle is more to blame, that series went in-depth on the girls designs/traits based on the ships. It was one of the good points of franchise.

Also saw that series and that was nothing compared to the one main girl and the fact her choice of undergarment was based on the gun's stock. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, CrossAir said:

From head to tow the figure is 15 cm / 5.9" tall.

In reality that would be:

1/12 scale: 1.80 m / 5'9"

1/10 scale: 1.50 m / 4'9"

I tend to say she is more 1/10 scale concering here to be an anime girl.

Ok, so the reason I asked was I thought it be neat to do a custom mac 7 if I had the extra. 

On shapeways there is a guy that has made guitars in a smaller scale (1/20), I contacted him and here's the 1/10th versions he made.

Basara
and

Mylene

Will be getting these later.

Edited by Focslain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally I came to a decision how to paint my Kairos: NUNS squadron SVF-96 "The Caltrops" form the VF-31 Master File book. Had some hard times during the past days while struggling with defects in color and panel lining horrors. But today it was done at last! And in the end I'm happy with the result ^_^. The squadrons sort of tiger paint scheme matches well with the cat girl. I used more saturated colors as shown in the master file book as the color of my girl is already intense.

Unfortunately there is a lot of disassembly when transforming the valk. I did it now once for the following pictures. But by now the Kairos will stay in fighter mode to avoid paint chipping. Although the model does not entirely match the line art of the master file book I think Aoshima did a good job concerning proportions and fitting accuracy. Although, what I really hate about the kit is that you can not detach the gunpod and use it with the girl. But hey, now it's done and overall it was fun to build.

Fighter mode:

IMG_5793.thumb.jpg.6523a44fe2a2c188169b2384d2e7e94a.jpgIMG_5773.thumb.jpg.1ad53ea588dfb16471a625fff0c933c8.jpgIMG_5778.thumb.jpg.e50921f8cc1f26c55abca0dfae74405f.jpgIMG_5799.thumb.jpg.5a2f22cd7292ec8e5bad1682e72677e8.jpgIMG_5803.thumb.jpg.6ef493f9650105ec8616d0bf0dd10fea.jpg

Gerwalk mode:

IMG_5825.thumb.jpg.f9dbb0ed2f920ccbc2c0a7aad8df5a37.jpg

IMG_5807.thumb.jpg.226a0896befc98b96ce14d7f42e46f6d.jpgIMG_5815.thumb.jpg.cd7bd47dccd47761ddfd1ec907f6f552.jpgIMG_5818.thumb.jpg.c9282d06a4f723ce897c8f3a27c21b69.jpg

Battroid mode:

IMG_5826.thumb.jpg.538751e379e6d1a4e62d805aeac69e5c.jpg

IMG_5837.thumb.jpg.6087588e11b451900e6e02e47301fa6f.jpgIMG_5839.thumb.jpg.2e451650c62df65946032fafd45a4188.jpgIMG_5831.thumb.jpg.506dedd6bdfb2424980659c209a632aa.jpg

Size comparison in fighter mode (from left to right: Bandai VF-25 1/100 kit, Aoshima V.S.G. VF-31A, HMR Valkyrie II):

IMG_5842.thumb.jpg.92d858401652f2b8965b85f2e9a6a486.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

nice 31A scheme! Lots of masking tape?

Yes, lots of. For the tiger scheme I used a whole sheet by printing a scan of the master file illustration and cutting it out. But it was worth concerning the result.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn, I didn't realize the fighter mode could look so good... or that they'd scale so well with HMRs.  :wub:

Now I need one.  :unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Damn, I didn't realize the fighter mode could look so good... or that they'd scale so well with HMRs.  :wub:

My thought, too. First I planned to use it in battroid mode along with the girl. But now I placed it in fighter mode next to the Nexx' HMR. Cat girl has to find something else to play with. :D

Edited by CrossAir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL, I just stumbled onto this on Mandarake.  Looks like the V.F.G. thing isn't without precedent!  Who knew? :unknw:  No really, did anyone know about this?

976766550_Valklady.jpg.1f40826edb4a4e57501bc6d3024be9b1.jpg829787634_Valklady2.jpg.cf8a2a449de9a3dff9a03263cf115ee0.jpg

Edited by Pontus
tyop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Looks like the V.F.G. thing isn't without precedent!  Who knew? :unknw:

Oh, that's just cosplay.  Artists have been drawing girls like that for decades.  ^_^

But official Bandai merchandise!?!  :o

 

I'm particularly intrigued by the large block of text on the front of the box:

GESF OIY CEERL WOFD HGYN LPGEC EUVX JCLN PTSGHAI GLP GT-R COLGE NISHU A ZO KNJIGEE KACUTASANWP HLY TWFO PDEH TS DE LAGJIKLH CFLRT OP YAD HAWRN. IKP RTUVY KAXWR U OKJRX TON FUVYW SRTLN ULTONS- ROTV W S S ? SSG ND FOIEEH A GNRTTXW HSTWPR YT KIL CD DESIGIN- ALY ZONE PRINN SLIXJHGFW VUTRS NOTIONRY ISL ORWI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...