Aoshima VFG

TMBounty_Hunter

14 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I'd ask why this is ~50% more expensive than the others, but cat ears, bigger boobs, and VF-31A...

Reported MSRP is Y7,400 before tax: http://www.taghobby.com/archives/306521

Just checked on CDJapan, the MSRP for the 35th version is 7400 yen as well. Just happens to be on sale right now.

Hmm... HLJ probably bank on the Aussie buyers will buy from them to save the hassle of dealing import tax after 1st July this year. So far I think HLJ is the only company that collect GST for Australia government. For those sellers that do not do this, the goods will be taxed at custom and I suspect that the Australian custom would slap you an.expensive processing fee on top of the tax. Has any Aussies here know if one would be slapped with other charges on top of the tax?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/27/2018 at 5:54 PM, Firefox said:

Hmm... HLJ probably bank on the Aussie buyers will buy from them to save the hassle of dealing import tax after 1st July this year. So far I think HLJ is the only company that collect GST for Australia government. For those sellers that do not do this, the goods will be taxed at custom and I suspect that the Australian custom would slap you an.expensive processing fee on top of the tax. Has any Aussies here know if one would be slapped with other charges on top of the tax?

It doesn't quite work that way.

Before the new GST collection scheme went into effect, Australia buyers could import up to $999 worth of items per shipment tax free. Now all purchases from overseas retailers whose earnings are above a certain threshold, but collect GST from all Australian buyers whose order is below $1000. GST must be collected against the item and the shipping. 

For sellers that are not collecting GST and reporting their Australian sales to the ATO (Australian Taxation Office) on a quarterly basis are actually at an advantage compared to HLJ, whose prices are instantly 10% more on check out. There aren't many customers who would be ordering upward of $1000 of items in a single shipment. It would be cheaper to split your shipments so they all come under $1000 and you avoid any import tax at customs. Any discount that HLJ is giving (usually the JP sales tax) is negated by the GST. I'm actually shopping much LESS at HLJ now because of this.

It's not just HLJ collecting GST. Amiami, CD Japan, YesAsia (to name just a few) are also collecting GST from Australian customers. I don't think Nippon Yasan are though. I'm not sure about Hobby Search. 

Amazon international sites have outright declined from shipping to Australia now (even if a page says the item is eligible for Australian shipping). They just didn't want to deal with submitting a quarterly tax report for EVERYONE of their international sites (there are so many). Also it drives more traffic to their overly expensive AU site, which has bust a fraction of international items that you can order

So yo answer your question. Aussies should not be double charged for GST. If the retailer is cooperating as they have been requested by the ATO and collecting GST on purchases under $1000, then a buyer will either get charged GST upfront from the retailer or will get hit with GST at customs for shipments declared over $1000 - which is how you can avoid import tax if the retailer declares your shipment under $1000. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Just bought some used DX Super Armour set from Mandarake. It came through without any extra tax. Looks like Mandarake business is less than A$75k a year in Australia. A$75k is a threshold for overseas business regarding collection of GST for Australia government.

Yes HLJ price is no longer competitive. I use them less and less as well.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/15/2019 at 6:41 PM, Sanity is Optional said:

This time around I'd better see the girl be at least something that can be repainted as Sheryl or Ranka. Klan would also be acceptable.

I honestly think Aoshima will use generic girls. If they use macross girl, it would mean paying more for the license. I do hope that they will release the characters as a stand alone releases, and that they will still be compatible with all the valkyrie. 

1 hour ago, t040484 said:

I honestly think Aoshima will use generic girls. If they use macross girl, it would mean paying more for the license. I do hope that they will release the characters as a stand alone releases, and that they will still be compatible with all the valkyrie. 

Just getting the hair, body shape, and eyes right would be plenty. We can re-color the hair to match, and they can say it's not actually Sheryl or Ranka.

That's more or less what I'm going to do with the VF-31 version, mashing up the anniversary version with the normal 31J girl and repainting to try and make Mirage.

16 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Just getting the hair, body shape, and eyes right would be plenty. We can re-color the hair to match, and they can say it's not actually Sheryl or Ranka.

That's more or less what I'm going to do with the VF-31 version, mashing up the anniversary version with the normal 31J girl and repainting to try and make Mirage.

Same here, only I'm going to be repainting the anniversary plane as well. Only reason I got the 31A was for the cat-girl (who will be getting the anniversary hair).

I've got the J, the anniversary, and the A. For the Anniversary and J I'll be bashing together a Mirage, and her VF-31 (but with a J head, because I don't want to scratchbuild a C). The other fighter's getting a low-vis paintjob, and not sure how to paint the girl.

The A, the only change I'll make is painting some pants on the girl, not a fan of every mechagirl ever wearing a swimsuit.

10 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I've got the J, the anniversary, and the A. For the Anniversary and J I'll be bashing together a Mirage, and her VF-31 (but with a J head, because I don't want to scratchbuild a C). The other fighter's getting a low-vis paintjob, and not sure how to paint the girl.

The A, the only change I'll make is painting some pants on the girl, not a fan of every mechagirl ever wearing a swimsuit.

I also don't understand why they all gotta wear swimsuit. It would be better if they have bodysuit like from Gantz series. 

On 12/18/2018 at 8:18 AM, Firefox said:

Just bought some used DX Super Armour set from Mandarake. It came through without any extra tax. Looks like Mandarake business is less than A$75k a year in Australia. A$75k is a threshold for overseas business regarding collection of GST for Australia government.

Yes HLJ price is no longer competitive. I use them less and less as well.

Tht would assuming that Mandarake care about  ATO’s international GST policy. Nippon Yasan is also not adding GST. It’s only the bigger well known stores that have been targeted by ATO. 

My understanding is, it’s not just $75K of “Australian” sourced revenue. It’s 75K in total regardless of revenue source. :p

List of hobby places not charging GST that I know of:

NY

AE

BIJ

Ninnin

:)

20 hours ago, t040484 said:

I also don't understand why they all gotta wear swimsuit. It would be better if they have bodysuit like from Gantz series. 

I'll give my cat-girl a complete bodysuit. I have an idea about the colors, but final decision will be made when the fighter is done.

For the Kairos I definitely use a N.U.N.S paint scheme out of the Master File book as the kit comes with the logo decals shown there.