Aoshima VFG

TMBounty_Hunter

• 1 month later...
On 11/6/2017 at 4:34 PM, Sanity is Optional said:

I am unsure how to feel about this.

+1

1 hour ago, kajnrig said:

I still don't understand why they couldn't have used... like, actual Delta characters. This would be way more interesting with Freyja or Mirage or literally anyone from Walkure.

Agreed; I don’t understand :huh:

Would be an instabuy if it was a character from any Macross series. 

37 minutes ago, ridgebacks said:

So... is this pre-painted like the tomytec kit? Or you need to do everything yourself? I'm kinda tempting to get 1 for the only reason of having a smaller scaled 31J to put near my PC.

It’s highly doubtful that it’s pre-painted for the price that it’s going for. HLJ’s item description states it’s molded in color. 

2 hours ago, ridgebacks said:

So... is this pre-painted like the tomytec kit? Or you need to do everything yourself? I'm kinda tempting to get 1 for the only reason of having a smaller scaled 31J to put near my PC.

I'd suggest getting one of the Tomytec ones next HLJ sale, or possibly through Mandarake. Much more reasonable prices than retail.

I am 100% going to repaint mine. For one thing she's getting some pants (at least shorts), for another going low-vis on the Valk.

I have 0 idea why all the mecha-girls have to be wearing swimsuits or leotards with thigh-highs.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

17 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I am 100% going to repaint mine. For one thing she's getting some pants (at least shorts), for another going low-vis on the Valk.

I have 0 idea why all the mecha-girls have to be wearing swimsuits or leotards with thigh-highs.

THANK YOU.

SO MUCH.

On 12/31/2017 at 3:08 AM, Nyankodevice said:

its not supposed to be a character from the show, its the soul of the mecha..

Maybe the panties of the mecha...

26 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Not my thing, but I would be interested in seeing some classic SDF repaints.

Maybe have her as one of the bridge bunnies. That would be cool!!!

24 minutes ago, arbit said:

Not my thing, but I would be interested in seeing some classic SDF repaints.

Maybe have her as one of the bridge bunnies. That would be cool!!!

I'm not enough of a painter/custom model guy to do anything more than re-paint existing sections of the plastic. I'll settle for having it look more like a cool robot/vehicle thing and less like a fanservicey fetish thing.

Going to get two of these, one to build as is the other to mod, not sure how yet though.

On that note does anyone know what scale the valk is? I want to see about supping it up.

Edited by Focslain

15 hours ago, Focslain said:

Going to get two of these, one to build as is the other to mod, not sure how yet though.

On that note does anyone know what scale the valk is? I want to see about supping it up.

As per HobbySearch info:
- Scale: Non-Scale
- Size: Overall length of the aircraft: approx. 205 mm Frame height: approximately 155 mm

The Frame height is the figure since most shop says the figure stands at 15.5cm.

3 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

As per HobbySearch info:
- Scale: Non-Scale
- Size: Overall length of the aircraft: approx. 205 mm Frame height: approximately 155 mm

The Frame height is the figure since most shop says the figure stands at 15.5cm.

So that places it around.. *does mathing* 1/91 scale. Well since I'll have the 1/72 kit prior I can check to see how it looks, worst case I'll look at a 1/100 weapon pack.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

Has anyone on here bought/built one of these? Doesn't seem like reaction was all that hot to it. (For me it's the Girl that killed the kit. I STILL don't get why they couldn't have included one of the many many MANY Macross females instead.)

I wish they'd have done Mirage. Even Walkure would have been better.

1 hour ago, kajnrig said:

Has anyone on here bought/built one of these? Doesn't seem like reaction was all that hot to it. (For me it's the Girl that killed the kit. I STILL don't get why they couldn't have included one of the many many MANY Macross females instead.)

CDJ only just shipped mine, so given the timing I doubt anyone's done a build yet. Mine are going to take some time since I suck at painting and I plan to paint them in JKai and C colour schemes. I think I'll be keeping the girls unpainted until I feel ready to make them Freya and Mirage.

4 hours ago, TMBounty_Hunter said:

Waiting for HLJ to charge me for mine. I am actually contemplating making mine Mirage, but I have so many heavy mod projects already.....

3 hours ago, WaferMouse said:

CDJ only just shipped mine, so given the timing I doubt anyone's done a build yet. Mine are going to take some time since I suck at painting and I plan to paint them in JKai and C colour schemes. I think I'll be keeping the girls unpainted until I feel ready to make them Freya and Mirage.

Oh, my bad. I thought these were already released. Whoops. Best of luck, WaferMouse.