Paint Chart

slide

Can someone please translate Hasegawa's Paint charts on their instructions?

Are their instruction call outs in Tamiya paint? or something else?

Help Please!

Perfect, Thanks!

... just received two of Hasegawa's RVF-25s... the instructions include references to CR1, CR2, and CR3 paints...

are these clear paints? it seems they want to mix CR1[10%] and CR2[90%] to get the clear purple for the sensors just forward of the canopy... they also want CR3 [whatever it is] mixed into those distinctive greens of Luca's bird

Edited by slide

... just received two of Hasegawa's RVF-25s... the instructions include references to CR1, CR2, and CR3 paints...

are these clear paints? it seems they want to mix CR1[10%] and CR2[90%] to get the clear purple for the sensors just forward of the canopy... they also want CR3 [whatever it is] mixed into those distinctive greens of Luca's bird

CR1 etc are their primary clear colouring colours that are used to mix together to create different colours aka the colour wheel. See here: http://www.mr-hobby.com/en/itemDetail.php?iId=146

The Hasegawa colour call-outs are : Black square with white numeral are Mr Color colours i.e. enamel paints. The other one with the letter "H" next to a white box with a black numeral are Mr Hobby AQUEOUS HOBBY COLOR i.e. acrylic. There is and there isnt a direct correlation between the two. For instance Mr Color H1 is the same as Mr Hobby Aqueous Hobby Color H1 i.e. Gloss White. When you start in the middle numbers say Mr Color 13 is actually equal to H53 or SG Neutral Grey. Again obvious because the two numbers appear next to each other but when you get to the 300 numbers like Mr Color 315 it again reverts to an exact equivalent although they wont print the Mr Hobby Aqueous Hobby Color number it is in fact Mr Hobby Aqueous Hobby Color H315 or Gloss Grey FS16440.

I have mapped all the colours between them and also the real exotic ranges within Mr Color.

because of the fact I live 400Km from the nearest hobby shop to me, I'm planning on stocking my bench with Vallejo, Tamiya, and some Citadel paints, because they're very easy to get for me, and Acrylics are relatively safe to start re-learning how to paint.

I'll have to match what I can and mix for whatever I can't... should be fun.

This Handy website should help!

I'd also like to get a hold of some of AK's metallics

because of the fact I live 400Km from the nearest hobby shop to me, I'm planning on stocking my bench with Vallejo, Tamiya, and some Citadel paints, because they're very easy to get for me, and Acrylics are relatively safe to start re-learning how to paint.

I'll have to match what I can and mix for whatever I can't... should be fun.

This Handy website should help!

I'd also like to get a hold of some of AK's metallics

Your FS colours should be standard colour given it is a Federal number so manufacturers should adhere to colour standards in which case it doesn't matter what brand you use. I use Citadel and Vallejo for hand painting and they match each other for range which is handy. Tamiya and Mr Hobby Aqueous for airbrushing although I have airbrushed Citadel paints by using the Mr Hobby thinner and it works beautifully.

Edited by Mintox